Mandapa, A Ritz Carlton Reserve Ubud, Bali

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mandapa, A Ritz Carlton Reserve Ubud, Bali

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Vuittonsofstyle, have you heard about the possibility that Aman might open a fourth resort in Bali? I don't have any inside information about this, so what I heard could be just a rumor.
Not heard a thing about this. Are we sure it is an Aman and not a GHM? Seems as though AZ is quite busy on that front these days.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Not heard a thing about this. Are we sure it is an Aman and not a GHM? Seems as though AZ is quite busy on that front these days.
I heard this from a member of Aman management involved in the opening of Aman Tokyo (not the GM), but was told there were no definite plans yet. From what I gather they are looking into building a resort in a secluded, unspoilt location to basically fill the role that Amandari used to play before Ubud became overdeveloped.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I heard this from a member of Aman management involved in the opening of Aman Tokyo (not the GM), but was told there were no definite plans yet. From what I gather they are looking into building a resort in a secluded, unspoilt location to basically fill the role that Amandari used to play before Ubud became overdeveloped.
Interesting idea, but as with all potential Amans, I wonder how real this is. I guess they would have to look at the northwest coastline.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:20 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Does anyone know when this resort is opening? I have confirmed my trip to Bali from 6-12 April so wouldn't mind checking this out if it's soft opened or so by then.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:11 am

Website says mid-2015 so I would not be very optimistic for April.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
Website says mid-2015 so I would not be very optimistic for April.
Yea saw that earlier. Kagehitokiri suggested I contact them anyway to see if I can do a pre-opening visit.

Plan to head to Ubud for some river rafting so may be worth stopping by to check it out.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Hi all

So my appreciation of the RC reserve product is well known. I have some travels booked for the summer and have been considering changing my current location of Vietnam to Bali again (3rd year in a row) to sample the lights of Mandapa.

i sent an email for some rate enquiries and got the following back for all of those interested:

I am pleased to send you our rates for July 2015 as below and kindly advise us your traveling date so we can offer you the best rate for your stay.

Room Type
Price
Valid from 01 July - 14 July and 16 Sep - 23 Dec'2015
Reserve Suite
USD 570
Premier Reserve Suite
USD 650
Mandapa Suite
USD 720
Premier Mandapa Suite
USD 800
One Bedroom Pool Villa
USD 850
One Bedroom Rice Terrace Pool Villa
USD 950
One Bedroom River Front Pool Villa
USD 1100
Reserve 2 Bedroom Pool Villa
USD 3010
Mandapa 3 Bedroom Pool Villa
USD 4650
Above rate is include breakfast in the restaurant, unlimited wi-fi connection and 24 hours personalized butler service. Rate is subject to 21% government tax and service charge. Rate is subject to change without prior notice

Room Type
Price
Valid from Jul 15 - Sep 15'2015
Reserve Suite
USD 670
Premier Reserve Suite
USD 750
Mandapa Suite
USD 820
Premier Mandapa Suite
USD 900
One Bedroom Pool Villa
USD 1050
USD 1150
USD 1300
USD 3350
USD 5150

I don't think these rates are crazy apart from the 2-3 bedroom properties and actually offer good value for a RCR property.

The problem now is persuading Mrs Dewby to return to bali....

hope the rates are of use.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:50 am
formerly gohima

Originally Posted by dewby
Hi all

So my appreciation of the RC reserve product is well known. I have some travels booked for the summer and have been considering changing my current location of Vietnam to Bali again (3rd year in a row) to sample the lights of Mandapa.

i sent an email for some rate enquiries and got the following back for all of those interested:

I am pleased to send you our rates for July 2015 as below and kindly advise us your traveling date so we can offer you the best rate for your stay.

Room Type
Price
Valid from 01 July - 14 July and 16 Sep - 23 Dec'2015
Reserve Suite
USD 570
Premier Reserve Suite
USD 650
Mandapa Suite
USD 720
Premier Mandapa Suite
USD 800
One Bedroom Pool Villa
USD 850
USD 950
USD 1100
USD 3010
USD 4650
Above rate is include breakfast in the restaurant, unlimited wi-fi connection and 24 hours personalized butler service. Rate is subject to 21% government tax and service charge. Rate is subject to change without prior notice

Room Type
Price
Valid from Jul 15 - Sep 15'2015
Reserve Suite
USD 670
Premier Reserve Suite
USD 750
Mandapa Suite
USD 820
Premier Mandapa Suite
USD 900
One Bedroom Pool Villa
USD 1050
USD 1150
USD 1300
USD 3350
USD 5150

I don't think these rates are crazy apart from the 2-3 bedroom properties and actually offer good value for a RCR property.

The problem now is persuading Mrs Dewby to return to bali....

hope the rates are of use.
Very doable rates!

I am hoping to make it here in early 2016. Hope everything gets broken in by then
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:27 pm

Those are actually very reasonable...
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by deathscar
Those are actually very reasonable...
Yup my view too. I was expecting starting rates for low level rooms at the 1k level.

The pool villas are good value for what you get and the pictures look stunning.

This is s great addition to Ubud.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by dewby
Yup my view too. I was expecting starting rates for low level rooms at the 1k level.

The pool villas are good value for what you get and the pictures look stunning.

This is s great addition to Ubud.
Since it has ruined the view from Amandari, I do not view it as a great addition to Ubud. I like the R-C Reserve concept, but do not plan to try this one.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:03 am

I think this will be a great place to stay.

The whole issue on location of hotels in ubud is a fact of life. If you don't own 360 degrees you can't expect someone never to build on it. If it was so important for Aman they should have bought or leased the land that the view was reliant on.

I still think Ubud is a great place to stay. Yes not like it was 20 or 10 years ago but neither is Phuket.

Bali remains one of my favourite places to vacation and has such a huge selection of luxury properties.

I don't think Mandapa will have a problem filling those rooms and I am sure they will take some potential Aman guests along with those that consider four seasons.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, UA Gold, DL Gold, BA Silver
I will tour the RC Reserve in May, while staying in the already opened RC at Nusa Dua! It is supposed to open in June!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Munichmarcus, did you end up touring Mandapa? If so, any comments?
Old Jun 14, 2015, 12:27 pm
formerly gohima

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
Munichmarcus, did you end up touring Mandapa? If so, any comments?
+1

Also, is there word on Virtuoso/FHR membership?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.