Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
would love to see a photo of the bar and room, we are going to stay in 2015, bar is always important to us in the evenings! We love the lobby bar at the PH Zurich, it keeps us coming back!
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:52 pm

Stayed for two nights in September, thought they did an amazing job on the restoration, and were working out kinks in the service.

The spa was a highlight, we made good use of the pool, lounging area, and steam/sauna facilities. One disappointment is the women's spa area does not include a steam room, only sauna.

Were upgraded to a studio room on the top floor, layout was a bit strange, but the finishes were very nice. Booked with 25k points per night (points + cash was not available at the time)

FWIW the location couldn't be better in the center of the 1st ringstrasse.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:46 am

Shock, Horror

Buckle up, Spa aficionados, PH Vienna is to replace Sodashi with... Omorovicza. Someone at Hyatt must have lost their mind. Official reason being, that it is more natural! If you're in Austria - you may re-stock your Sodashi essentials, as they are selling off their inventory at a 30% discount. Now excuse while I strike Park Hyatt Vienna off my list of preferred hotels.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:04 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scented
Buckle up, Spa aficionados, PH Vienna is to replace Sodashi with... Omorovicza. Someone at Hyatt must have lost their mind. Official reason being, that it is more natural! If you're in Austria - you may re-stock your Sodashi essentials, as they are selling off their inventory at a 30% discount. Now excuse while I strike Park Hyatt Vienna off my list of preferred hotels.
I was just there in an Ambassador suite (my comments are in the hotel thread in the Hyatt forum) and in the room the amenities are Blaise Mautin, which they must have learned about from the PH Paris. For each client, Blaise Mautin does a different fragrance and for this hotel they chose -- grapefruit! Dreadful stuff, way too runny.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I was just there in an Ambassador suite (my comments are in the hotel thread in the Hyatt forum) and in the room the amenities are Blaise Mautin, which they must have learned about from the PH Paris. For each client, Blaise Mautin does a different fragrance and for this hotel they chose -- grapefruit! Dreadful stuff, way too runny.
I saw and enjoyed your post in the Hyatt forum!

I know Blaise, he's a gifted perfumer, a true artist. Though I agree that his in-room amenities are somewhat lackluster. They are (mass-)produced by Groupe GM, who are in charge of many hotel products all over. Problem is they take a standard formulation and just add his property-specific scent. The ingredients always include our ususal suspects, such as Mineral Oil, Sodium Laureth Sulfate and even Parabens. Scary stuff. While most creators of skincare (such as Megan Larsen) are not perfumers, due to the essentials oils the products have a great smell to them. On the flip side, while most perfumers are blessed with their ability to create great scents, they don't know much about skincare and ingredients. Also, I would assume the Park Hyatt amenities range in price from $0.15-0.50 per bottle, including packaging -- tough to deliver quality.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:05 pm

Just curious, what's wrong with Omorovicza?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:32 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Interesting, but why? Would be good to know more about why "someone at Hyatt lost their mind"...or why "the Park Hyatt in Vienna is now off your list of preferred hotels"...can't be Sodashi exchange against Omorovicza alone in my mind, but I could be wrong...?

Originally Posted by Buster
Just curious, what's wrong with Omorovicza?
This would be indeed of interest to know.

At least from their website I wouldn't know and they're highly reputed and have an interesting background/knowledge.

I doubt there's "really something wrong" with this particular brand, it's more about personal preferences, I guess.

Here's their website, some fascinating insights too into their heritage:

http://www.omorovicza.com/eu/story-overview.html

including this info:

Omorovicza uses high- performance, naturally derived alternatives to commonly used synthetics, ensuring the Omorovicza experience is one of total luxury and maximum efficacy. All products exclude the following

ingredients and are never tested on animals.

PARABENS
POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL
PETROCHEMICALS
SILICONES
SODIUM LAURETH SULFATES
SYNTHETIC COLORS
SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES
http://www.omorovicza.com/eu/pure-ingredients/

http://www.omorovicza.com/eu/foundation-story/

So yes, it would be indeed interesting to know why Omorovicza isn't good...?

Cheers & Safe Travels.
^

Last edited by uggboy; Oct 21, 2016 at 12:38 pm
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:27 pm

You are right, uggboy. There is nothing wrong with Omorovicza. I agree my comments should be put in perspective, as they are solely a personal opinion and preference. That is correct.

But first of all, Omorovicza is a global beauty brand, they say that themselves -- and that's fine. They could easily be acquired by Estee Lauder, L'Oreal, Coty or LVMH. Without going into detail too much, nothing about the ingredients is pure or high quality. And every single one of their products is full of petrochemicals, just look at the ingredients. Don't fall for their history. History can be bought or invented, just look at fashion: Arnault bought history, Ralph Lauren invented history, brilliant men.

Although I would say Omorovicza is better than most brands, most of the products are pretty much the same. Always their sacred water, add some glitter and perfume, plus a few cheap fillers (non-active ingredients) and tons of surfactants. It won't do much for your skin. These ingredients don't heal, it is a quick fix.

I once had a facial at a FS, where I asked my therapist not to disclose what product she used beforehand. Throughout the facial she used exactly one product by Omorovicza - a serum. I could tell immediately, just by the smell of it (which surprised her). You can instantly spot synthetics or cheap ingredients, if you ever had the privilege to try pure essential oils. The characteristics and properties are totally different.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:14 am

You are right, uggboy. There is nothing wrong with Omorovicza. I agree my comments should be put in perspective, as they are solely a personal opinion and preference. That is correct.

But first of all, Omorovicza is a global beauty brand, they say that themselves -- and that's fine. They could easily be acquired by Estee Lauder, L'Oreal, Coty or LVMH. Without going into detail too much, nothing about the ingredients is pure or high quality. And every single one of their products is full of petrochemicals, just look at the ingredients. Don't fall for their history. History can be bought or invented, just look at fashion: Arnault bought history, Ralph Lauren invented history, brilliant men.

Although I would say Omorovicza is better than most brands, most of the products are pretty much the same. Always their sacred water, add some glitter and perfume, plus a few cheap fillers (non-active ingredients) and tons of surfactants. It won't do much for your skin. These ingredients don't heal, it is a quick fix.

I once had a facial at a FS, where I asked my therapist not to disclose what product she used beforehand. Throughout the facial she used exactly one product by Omorovicza - a serum. I could tell immediately, just by the smell of it (which surprised her). You can instantly spot synthetics or cheap ingredients, if you ever had the privilege to try pure essential oils. The characteristics and properties are totally different.
Spot on! Omorovicza has a really unpleasant smell of synthetics and when you examine the ingredients carefully, you realise that they are not chemical-free. I have had treatments, way back, using Omorovicza and the products made my skin itch - a far cry from the purity of Sodashi, I agree. Like you, there is no way I would now use the Spa at Park Hyatt Vienna.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:47 am

Shock horror indeed .
Why has Omorovicza become so available suddenly ?
They have it on Etihad flights now , in the bath/ WC and amenities bag offerings and in their Abu Dhabi lounge WCs

Initially thought ( never heard of them before ) Etihad had done it again , Bravo !!! ...then I saw the ingredients of the shampoo - SLS , cocomidylpropyl betaine and then ...cocomide DEA !! ... they might as well put in the Bayer factory waste too .

Such a disappointment.

The least offensive was their spritzer ( queen of Hungary mist , no less ) which they gave me , from their wc, during the flight - but please don't tell me what "phenoxyethanol , polysorbate 20, FAEX extract and disodium EDTA " is - don't want to really know but it was good during the flight .

It's a real pity that hotel spas , charging such prices for their treatments can't accommodate at least non chemicals for their facials - that includes LMO HK.
The PH Vienna has a truly nice spa space .. pity .
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by uggboy
Interesting, but why? Would be good to know more about why "someone at Hyatt lost their mind"...or why "the Park Hyatt in Vienna is now off your list of preferred hotels"...can't be Sodashi exchange against Omorovicza alone in my mind, but I could be wrong...?

This would be indeed of interest to know.

At least from their website I wouldn't know and they're highly reputed and have an interesting background/knowledge.

I doubt there's "really something wrong" with this particular brand, it's more about personal preferences, I guess.

Here's their website, some fascinating insights too into their heritage:

http://www.omorovicza.com/eu/story-overview.html

including this info:

http://www.omorovicza.com/eu/pure-ingredients/

http://www.omorovicza.com/eu/foundation-story/

So yes, it would be indeed interesting to know why Omorovicza isn't good...?

Cheers & Safe Travels.
^
This is indeed strange .
The shampoo on board Etihad does say in their ingredients list ( I kept the bottle ) .. sodium laureath sulphate , coco...betaine and cocomide DEA ) which are pretty nasty stuff .
Unless they do different ingredients for their airlines .
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Spot on! Omorovicza has a really unpleasant smell of synthetics and when you examine the ingredients carefully, you realise that they are not chemical-free. I have had treatments, way back, using Omorovicza and the products made my skin itch - a far cry from the purity of Sodashi, I agree. Like you, there is no way I would now use the Spa at Park Hyatt Vienna.
I am so glad I'm not the only one who thought the smell was really unpleasant!

Originally Posted by bearbrick
This is indeed strange .
The shampoo on board Etihad does say in their ingredients list ( I kept the bottle ) .. sodium laureath sulphate , coco...betaine and cocomide DEA ) which are pretty nasty stuff .
Unless they do different ingredients for their airlines .
I totally agree, bearbrick! Thank you for letting us know. Last time I flew Etihad First Class they still had Le Labo -- which is not really better! Although I'm horrified (but not surprised) about Omorovicza's use of SLS and Cocamide DEA. Cocamide DEA is listed by the IARC as a Group 2B carcinogen, in addition to being highly irritating on the skin. Although often times it is the case that some ingredients are safer / more stable when used with other ingredients, but nevertheless Omorovicza is anything but chemical free. It has become hugely popular, as they have a clever marketing strategy.

I love Sodashi -- no advertising, no gold jars, no counters with aquariums in malls, nothing. It is almost innocent in a good way. All the money goes into the very best ingredients. I do hope they make a healthy profit, so I get to enjoy their products for a very long time. I would love to see them thrive.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:35 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Cocamide DEA seems very prevalent in hotel toiletries, from the Motel6 type properties to luxury market properties. I guess old habits die hard, and some companies don't realize what the growing use of the internet has meant for people checking into ingredients of products.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by GUWonder
some companies don't realize what the growing use of the internet has meant for people checking into ingredients of products.
Many people donīt care.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.