Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Ritz or Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans (Dark Horse- Hyatt?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

What does everyone think is the best option for a romantic weekend away? We would be using points. I am Plat at the Hyatt, Husband is Gold at Hilton and then we are Gold at Marriott. Thanks in advance!!!
Old Mar 20, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Originally Posted by ChicagoKat
What does everyone think is the best option for a romantic weekend away? We would be using points. I am Plat at the Hyatt, Husband is Gold at Hilton and then we are Gold at Marriott. Thanks in advance!!!
Ritz is the best of what the city has to offer. Without a doubt, choose the club floor.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
Ritz is the best of what the city has to offer. Without a doubt, choose the club floor.
I second that motion. We have tried both and the club is much better in my opinion. We have tried the Windsor Court and were not impressed although some here seem to like it. I have no experience with the others mentioned.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
I much prefer the Windsor Court but if you really want romantic then you should consider the Soniat House in a quiet section of the Quarter. Having biscuits and cafe au lait on your balcony in the morning there is sublime.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 11:38 am

Ritz Carlton, hands down. The Roosevelt has some very nice rooms and suites, however, the hotel is enormous, the hallways are very beat up, and the overall vibe is more of a package trip kind of place.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 6:02 pm

Ritz over Roosevelt, but like Valveking I much prefer the new suites at the Windsor Court.

But growing up in the area, we mostly tend to stay with friends or family.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Originally Posted by aa213bb
Ritz over Roosevelt, but like Valveking I much prefer the new suites at the Windsor Court.

But growing up in the area, we mostly tend to stay with friends or family.
Our only stay at the Windsor Court was about 4 or 5 years ago and while public areas were nice we thought the room was a bit tired. We were also a bit put off by the level of service. We were only there for one night and had no history with the property.

Perhaps we should give them another chance.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I looked at the Roosevelt as well. Going in less than a month with my Mom & Sister for Mom's birthday and we decided to stay at The Ritz. Should have a trip report following.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.