Search
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Print Wikipost

Amanoi (Vietnam)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:54 am

I just saw a picture of a poisonous snake on Instagram taken at Amanoi. Is it common?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 4:26 am

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
I just saw a picture of a poisonous snake on Instagram taken at Amanoi. Is it common?
Staying at Amanoi right now since a couple of days, I can tell you 5 things:

1. We never saw a snake, although we are walking quite a lot through the wonderful grounds and the nearby treks. Trustworthy staff tells us, that very rarely non-poisonous snakes were seen, but there was never any accident.

2. The resort is absolutely wonderful. Unless you like to be at a flat resort at a flat beach, you will love it: The grounds are completely threedimensional, with different ocean-, bay-, mountain- and rock-views from the different parts of it.

3. The architecture is great. The layout of the pavillions, the absolute privacy (you can use your personal pool nude, since no one will see you), the great architecture of the resort facilities.

4. The food is now fantastic, top of Aman. The activities are numerous, the guides are absolutely well educated and commited.

5. The best thing is the staff. So friendly, so smiling, so caring, so good. Sean Flakelar is a GM who is so hands on - with the guests, with the staff, picking the absolutely best people.

That's why in my critical eyes Amanoi is actually the best Amanresort worldwide.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 9:00 am

Thanks a lot! ^ Your comments are very enthusiastic so I just booked for next July
Old Dec 29, 2016, 2:28 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by deer

1. We never saw a snake, although we are walking quite a lot through the wonderful grounds and the nearby treks. Trustworthy staff tells us, that very rarely non-poisonous snakes were seen, but there was never any accident.

2. The resort is absolutely wonderful. Unless you like to be at a flat resort at a flat beach, you will love it: The grounds are completely threedimensional, with different ocean-, bay-, mountain- and rock-views from the different parts of it.

3. The architecture is great. The layout of the pavillions, the absolute privacy (you can use your personal pool nude, since no one will see you), the great architecture of the resort facilities.

4. The food is now fantastic, top of Aman. The activities are numerous, the guides are absolutely well educated and commited.

5. The best thing is the staff. So friendly, so smiling, so caring, so good. Sean Flakelar is a GM who is so hands on - with the guests, with the staff, picking the absolutely best people.

That's why in my critical eyes Amanoi is actually the best Amanresort worldwide.
Thanks a lot! ^ Your comments are very enthusiastic so I just booked for next July
+1
That ' s wonderful !

Has Sean gotten the telescope yet ?
If not , please remind him , as I should be there end February or March as he suggested for my return .

How are wind conditions presently ?

Wishing all reading this an enjoyable 12 days of CHRISTmas & an amazing NY ( it would help if N'oi & other Aman stays are planned alongside other usual hotels in this forum )

:-: Am starting mine at Kila & Nusa , with a Dari meal :-:
Old Dec 29, 2016, 4:39 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Currently booked for June 30 - July 4...if timing overlaps, would love to grab a drink with a fellow junkie and FTer! Cheers!
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Currently booked for June 30 - July 4...if timing overlaps, would love to grab a drink with a fellow junkie and FTer! Cheers!
July 21 - July 29
Old Dec 30, 2016, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
+1
Has Sean gotten the telescope yet ?
If not , please remind him , as I should be there end February or March as he suggested for my return .

How are wind conditions presently ?
Telescope: Sean says, it's ordered and will be delivered in February...

Weather conditions: most of the day sun + some wind (december/january there is always some wind in the costal mountains).

There are two new tours: Streetfood Tour through Phan Rang - great taste, great fun! And cycling tour along the cost and the wineyards, which was also fantastic...

Have fun!
Old Dec 30, 2016, 9:58 pm

Telescope: Sean says, it's ordered and will be delivered in February...

Weather conditions: most of the day sun + some wind (december/january there is always some wind in the costal mountains).

There are two new tours: Streetfood Tour through Phan Rang - great taste, great fun! And cycling tour along the cost and the wineyards, which was also fantastic...

Have fun!
Thanks . Finally , many moons later ..
Ah , no wonder he wants us to go in March & not February !

Seems less windy than when we were at N'oi in January .
Not just some wind , at best sandy salads , SANDwiches , soups , etcetera at the Beach Club

The food tour is up my street alright .
Cycling is too much work where N'oi is .
Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Cycling is too much work where N'oi is .
Don't worry: they drive you down to the flat coast by car, there the bicycles await you, and afterwards they drive you up to the resort again by car... True Amanstyle!
Old Dec 31, 2016, 6:28 am

Don't worry: they drive you down to the flat coast by car, there the bicycles await you, and afterwards they drive you up to the resort again by car... True Amanstyle!
Oh ok , that ' s just what I was hoping . A good start but still requires one to expand some energy
Yes , I know we shouldn't just " hang " when we are at N'oi but Sean knows us & they can do better . It takes a fair bit just to get there after all !
Perhaps tandem bikes ?
Mopeds ??

Have a wonderful few more hours of 2016 everyone .
Just about ready to welcome 2017 !!
Hopefully an uplifting one with lots of flying for us here on luxury forum to amazing destinations & hotels :-:
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:21 am

I agree! All down to Sean - it's the people that make the difference every time. I also love Jean-Michel Gathy's designs here - really special.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I agree! All down to Sean - it's the people that make the difference every time. I also love Jean-Michel Gathy's designs here - really special.
I think Joy is the real standout of this property - she went above and beyond more times than I can count before and during our stay.

We were there only 6 months ago and I'm ready to go back. Unfortunately there are too many new places on the list to hit first!
Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:30 am

Joy and Sean did wonders for N'oi... everyone I speak to raves about them.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I'll throw some more support behind Amanoi. Hubby (who is Vietnamese) and I spent our honeymoon there last October. Though it was the rainy season, we didn't get that much rain, just a couple of heavy downpours during our six-day stay. The natural setting on this long stretch of totally unspoiled coat is absolutely spectacular-- think Southern California in the 1930s. The design of the villas is great, as is their placement within the resort. Staff is excellent, very much up to Aman standards. Food is very good, and they will make anything you want even off-menu, though it maybe a tiny notch below the epicurean heights of Amanjiwo. Bottom line: we loved Amanoi and don't regret for a minute our decision to take our honeymoon there.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:14 pm

Three nights @ Amanoi, or is four more ideal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.