Reload this Page >

Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, New Mexico

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, New Mexico

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:38 pm

Thanks XRacer for this - it is what everyone else is saying about this hotel, which is a real pity as the location is superb.

I first stayed here before Auberge when it was just Rancho Encantado. It was a charming little hideaway with rustic chintzy suites, a house dog, OK food and really warm service. How sad that hotel groups manage to ruin such peacefulness by making a car park the focal point.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:58 pm
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Thanks XRacer for this - it is what everyone else is saying about this hotel, which is a real pity as the location is superb.

I first stayed here before Auberge when it was just Rancho Encantado. It was a charming little hideaway with rustic chintzy suites, a house dog, OK food and really warm service. How sad that hotel groups manage to ruin such peacefulness by making a car park the focal point.
You are not the only one who thinks this. I spoke to several Santa Fe folks who were wishing the place had never stopped being 'just' the Rancho Encantado.

The other thing I gathered from some folks is that the FS is not exactly well regarded locally, because of the way they handled the transition from Auberge to FS.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by xracer
You are not the only one who thinks this. I spoke to several Santa Fe folks who were wishing the place had never stopped being 'just' the Rancho Encantado.

The other thing I gathered from some folks is that the FS is not exactly well regarded locally, because of the way they handled the transition from Auberge to FS.
Mmm, I heard this, too. No idea why, though. Canyon Equity own Rancho Encantado. They also own Amangiri, so they are used to discerning guests. I gather they wanted a higher service level than Auberge and also more marketing clout, so opted for FS, but it doesn't look as though this is working out at all. Maybe a change of GM would help!
Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:36 pm

Mmm, I heard this, too. No idea why, though. Canyon Equity own Rancho Encantado. They also own Amangiri, so they are used to discerning guests. I gather they wanted a higher service level than Auberge and also more marketing clout, so opted for FS, but it doesn't look as though this is working out at all. Maybe a change of GM would help!
I heard that when FS came in, they fired all the management (which I get), but then also fired all of the non-management staff. Maybe that's standard when one management company takes over for another, but it seems a bit heavy-handed to me. The staff were then forced to re-apply for their jobs and, if they were accepted, were then offered less pay for doing the same job.

Very 'we only care about costs' minded of FS (which seems to be the norm these days).

Of course this is all hearsay, but I did hear pretty much the same story from multiple people.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 11:47 am

I heard that when FS came in, they fired all the management (which I get), but then also fired all of the non-management staff. Maybe that's standard when one management company takes over for another, but it seems a bit heavy-handed to me. The staff were then forced to re-apply for their jobs and, if they were accepted, were then offered less pay for doing the same job.

Very 'we only care about costs' minded of FS (which seems to be the norm these days).

Of course this is all hearsay, but I did hear pretty much the same story from multiple people.
I did not hear about the reduced salaries - not a very ethical thing to do at all! Looks as though they are aiming for corporate business, too (and retail) - http://www.bizjournals.com/albuquerq...-upgrades.html
Old Mar 21, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Four Seasons has amongst the highest pay for hospitality, and the best benefits.

They don't have an incentive to be mean, they are highly invested in the success of their fellow employees.

If they didn't rehire the original team en masse, they like recognized a real need to retrain and inspire the employees.

I'm not saying this property will ever be the Four Seasons Florence. When the time comes for a major renovation, usually every 8 years or so, the Four Seasons will be able to make a deeper mark.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 1:44 pm

I will update this by saying someone at the resort has contacted me regarding service recovery. I consider this to be a very positive action, especially given the fact that I never asked for anything along those lines.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:36 am

I will update this by saying someone at the resort has contacted me regarding service recovery. I consider this to be a very positive action, especially given the fact that I never asked for anything along those lines.
FS HQ reads FlyerTalk
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:40 am

FS HQ reads FlyerTalk
I'm quite sure they do - but I think this case has more to do with my TA. I passed my experiences on to my TA and he passed it on to the resort. Still, it was very good of them to take action based on my feedback.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 1:12 pm

I'm quite sure they do - but I think this case has more to do with my TA. I passed my experiences on to my TA and he passed it on to the resort. Still, it was very good of them to take action based on my feedback.
Ahhh....every little helps
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:27 pm
Original Member

Any more recent experiences of this resort? We are going at the end of July for two Santa Fe Opera performances; staying in a Summit suite. Curious to know if the place has improved.
Old May 29, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by KatW
Any more recent experiences of this resort? We are going at the end of July for two Santa Fe Opera performances; staying in a Summit suite. Curious to know if the place has improved.
I just posted a review in the FHR thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post26695887
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:55 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by dpb132
I just posted a review in the FHR thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post26695887
Thank you.

Does anyone have the email for concierge at this locale?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:28 am

Any comparison b/w this resort and the Rosewood property?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by DetailsIM
Any comparison b/w this resort and the Rosewood property?
Two entirely different styles/locations.

The FS is outside of SF, and more "Desert Resort", while the Rosewood is right off the main square in SF, and more "SF Hotel".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.