Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help With Prague Five Star Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2009, 7:09 am
Original Poster

I'm going to be in Prague for 8-nights in May. I've never been before and have just started researching hotels. Given the length of my stay, comfort and a degree of luxury are important to me.

It seems that there are a lot of 5 star hotels in Prague. It also seems to me that many of these "5 star hotel" are really 4 star properties.

Sure, I would love to stay at The Four Seasons; however, it and the MO will simply be too expensive for a long stay.

Among the hotels I am considering are The Palace and The Pachtuv Palace.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by flyer0409
I'm going to be in Prague for 8-nights in May. I've never been before and have just started researching hotels. Given the length of my stay, comfort and a degree of luxury are important to me.

It seems that there are a lot of 5 star hotels in Prague. It also seems to me that many of these "5 star hotel" are really 4 star properties.

Sure, I would love to stay at The Four Seasons; however, it and the MO will simply be too expensive for a long stay.

Among the hotels I am considering are The Palace and The Pachtuv Palace.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
If you cannot afford the FS or the MO then you may get a good rate at the Augustine, which recently opened (it is a Rocco Forte Hotel). Avoid the two properties you mentioned.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 6:00 pm

we stayed at the Aria for 5 nights in October. We really liked the hotel. Try to get a room with a view of the gardens. I stayed in room 313 (I think) that had a stunning view of the adjacent gardens, especially at night. Luxurylink recently has had packages from the Aria on their website. Might be worth checking them out.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 6:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
I would definitively recommend le palais being an lhw hotel. My parents stayed there last year and they loved it.

join leader's club and make your booking through lhw so that you can get an even nicer room.

synd
Old Dec 23, 2009, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by lotusfla
we stayed at the Aria for 5 nights in October. We really liked the hotel. Try to get a room with a view of the gardens. I stayed in room 313 (I think) that had a stunning view of the adjacent gardens, especially at night. Luxurylink recently has had packages from the Aria on their website. Might be worth checking them out.
BUT......the food at The Aria is atrocious and the decor is..how do I put this...challenged?
Old Dec 23, 2009, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the suggestions. I've narrowed my choices to the Palace and The Hotel Le Palais. Both are lhw properties. I prefer Le Palais on a whole; however, The Palace has a more central location. I've got some time to make up my mind...
Old Dec 23, 2009, 4:01 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Thank you for the suggestions. I've narrowed my choices to the Palace and The Hotel Le Palais. Both are lhw properties. I prefer Le Palais on a whole; however, The Palace has a more central location. I've got some time to make up my mind...
If you jump between the two every night, then you'll earn 1.6 free nights from LHW.

FWIW, Le Palais is a Virtuoso property. (Neither are FHR or Signature.) Thus, if you book via a Virtuoso agent (DavidO is a crowd favorite on Flyertalk), you can get both the LHW Leader's Club benefits, as well as these Virtuoso perks:
  • Upgrade upon arrival, subject to availability
  • Daily full breakfast included in rates (room service breakfast available for supplement of 14 Euro)
  • One 45-minute treatment of clients choice in Pure Spa (one treatment per booking, per stay), and any additional treatments with 20% discount
  • We will provide Virtuoso guests with a mobile phone with hotel numbers so they can easily reach the hotel and arrange a car to pick them up wherever they are. The phone rental is free of charge.
  • 12 Noon early check-in, subject to availability
  • 4 PM late check-out, subject to availability

Prague is an incredible city -- have a great trip!
Old Dec 23, 2009, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

does LHW let other agents book through them? (have to book through them for LC benefits)
Old Dec 23, 2009, 5:00 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
does LHW let other agents book through them? (have to book through them for LC benefits)
Yep. They have a special phone number for travel agents to call to make reservation. Or the reservation can be made in the GDS, and the agent simply needs to add the client's LC number to the reservation.

From the FAQ section of the LHW site:

How do I make a Leaders Club reservation?
To ensure each hotel is aware of your status and that your stay qualifies for Leaders Club Rewards, your reservations must be made through one of The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. booking channels. These channels include:
  • Our Worldwide Reservations and Service Centers. You can call 1-800-650-2582 (CLUB ) or your local reservations office as listed on www.lhw.com/contactus.aspx.
  • Our website www.lhw.com.
  • Your travel agent. When booking through your travel agent, please ensure that your Leaders Club number is provided at the time of booking.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Happy New Year Everyone! Thank you so much for the advice and suggestions.

I ended up booking with The Kempinski Hybernska. They made a very generous offer that I couldn't refuse-- a Grand Deluxe Room with breakfast for less than 200- Euros a night during High Season.

I couldn't be happier.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 7:11 am

Happy New Year Everyone! Thank you so much for the advice and suggestions.

I ended up booking with The Kempinski Hybernska. They made a very generous offer that I couldn't refuse-- a Grand Deluxe Room with breakfast for less than 200- Euros a night during High Season.

I couldn't be happier.
I promise you, you COULD be happier. Deals are not everything....
Old Jan 4, 2010, 2:34 pm

I couldn't be happier.
Please let us know how you get on flyer0409 with 8 days there you will certainly be able to report on the highs and lows of the Kempinski.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Prague for 8-nights in May
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
you may get a good rate at the Augustine
Kempinski Hybernska...Grand Deluxe Room with breakfast for less than 200- Euros...
augustine €240 (8 nts) or €213 (9 nts) after 3rd nt free (classic room) (virtuoso)

(MO €345 / FS €370 - because 3rd nt free is not avail in may)

i would think it would be worth negotiating as well..

MarshKing, thanks.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 5, 2010 at 8:19 am
Old Jan 5, 2010, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Okay everybody, I'm getting the message The Kempinski Hybernska is not as good a choice as I thought. Had anyone stayed there? What are the some of the "lows"?

At your suggestion, I have sent another e-mail to The Augustine. In early December they quoted:

EUR 359.7 - 43m2 Executive King Room (separate walk-in shower and bathtube)

EUR 447.7 - 38m2 Superior Deluxe Castle View Room (separate walk-in shower and bathtube)

Let's see if I can negotiate.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
FWIW, I wouldn't stay in the same hotel for 8 days. 2 x 4 days would be better, if only because you will get bored with breakfast! The MO to the Forte is a very modest walk, I think, and the MO to the FS is a 5-minute stroll across the bridge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.