Reload this Page >

What is the Choice in Madrid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the Choice in Madrid

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:27 pm

I haven't heard anything about Urso either, but I know the building and location well.

It's slightly strange for a hotel, but I would live in that area in a heartbeat.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:34 pm

Am here (at the Urso) right now. Checked in earlier today, and the building is beautiful.

Still some teething/new/fit & finish issues, but should round out to be a rather nice spot.

Will post photos when I get a chance.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:29 am

Added photos to my other thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post23690741
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: Air Canada, BA Executive Club, Accor / Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott
Future of The Ritz

Originally Posted by speedbird001
Nothing has changed at The Ritz. It is still in terrible need of a renovation. They said the hotel was going to close for a year but this has still not happened. I believe the best choice is still the Westin Palace. Some of the junior suites are pretty nice. They vary in size so be sure to ask for a large one upon check in if you go there.
According to this article Fairmont is interested in taking over The Ritz: http://www.auraree.com/real-estate-n...draws-bidding/

If the Savoy in London is any indication it would be great if the hotel received the same treatment through a restoration.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FA_COR_YYZ
According to this article Fairmont is interested in taking over The Ritz: http://www.auraree.com/real-estate-n...draws-bidding/

If the Savoy in London is any indication it would be great if the hotel received the same treatment through a restoration.
Interesting. Didn't even know the Ritz was 'on the market', so to speak. Is it just me or does Belmond let their properties go a bit?

The past 3 I've been to all needed massive refurbishment work.

Going to the Charleston Place next weekend for a wedding and can't help but to think 'I wish I was staying elsewhere'...
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Interesting. Didn't even know the Ritz was 'on the market', so to speak. Is it just me or does Belmond let their properties go a bit?

The past 3 I've been to all needed massive refurbishment work.

Going to the Charleston Place next weekend for a wedding and can't help but to think 'I wish I was staying elsewhere'...
No, it's not just you - I find exactly the same thing.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:03 am

Has there been an change of consensus on this? Im heading to Madrid in a month and a half and currently have reservations at the Hotel Ritz.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

MS
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by moonshyne
Has there been an change of consensus on this? Im heading to Madrid in a month and a half and currently have reservations at the Hotel Ritz.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

MS
It needed a renovation 10 years ago and it has still not been done. That's your answer.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:16 am

The latest, quite solid rumour re: The Ritz Madrid is that MO will take over management and do a massive refurbishment. Rather better than Fairmont, I think.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
My brother likes the Villa Magna. Not outstanding, but very nice he says.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Paint Horse
My brother likes the Villa Magna. Not outstanding, but very nice he says.
Did Villa Magna become better since it left Hyatt?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
I do not know. My brother, who travels constantly, was there within the last year if I recall correctly. His assessment was that it is a very nice business hotel.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Paint Horse
I do not know. My brother, who travels constantly, was there within the last year if I recall correctly. His assessment was that it is a very nice business hotel.
Indeed it is. My report.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:02 am

Again, I'll chime in for Urso. Really enjoyed our stay there, particularly that it was boutique and easily walked to wonderful tapas crawls, food spots (e.g. D-STaGE), and the like.
Old May 22, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
The latest, quite solid rumour re: The Ritz Madrid is that MO will take over management and do a massive refurbishment. Rather better than Fairmont, I think.
You nailed it vuittonsofstyle! Yet another feather in your cap; Mandarin Oriental Buys Hotel Ritz in Madrid.

I'm still hopeful our stay at the AC Palacio Del Retiro in a couple weeks will be a good one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.