Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Resorts like Aman resorts?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2011, 6:00 am

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Originally Posted by zigzag
Do any of you ever get up from the table after a meal in a non Aman property and forget to sign the check or notice that is was placed on the table? I have finished a meal got up only to have the staff come over to me and say please sign the bill and I have to remind myself that this is how the rest of the world does it.
When we stayed in a number of Oberoi properties recently we didn't get a bill after our meals, but all that meant was that I had to try and guess what unexpected charges/supposed to be included would appear on the final bill.

It's ok if you are trusting I guess. Personally I like to check my bill.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: AMEX Cent., Relais & Chateaux, LHW, SLH
I have just came back from Niseko, and unfortunately have heard from several locals that Capella Niseko plan has been dropped a while ago
Old Feb 3, 2012, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by instyleprincess
I have just came back from Niseko, and unfortunately have heard from several locals that Capella Niseko plan has been dropped a while ago

No !!
Where did you stay at NISEKO ?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 2:22 pm

Banyan Tree and Anantara resorts are good bets.

But The Dewa in Koh Chang looks AMAZING!
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:59 pm

Programs: AMEX Cent., Relais & Chateaux, LHW, SLH
Originally Posted by bearbrick
No !!
Where did you stay at NISEKO ?
Unfortunately....I have been confirmed by several locals that this project has been dropped without any further notice.
They said only the entrance has been built, but the grounds itself is empty. I guess Capella did not have enough funds to finish it

Niseko can really use a more upscale hotel, I stayed at Kimamaya, it was decent, nothing too luxurious, it's now part of the Design Hotels collection
Old Feb 5, 2012, 1:12 am

Apparently Adrian Zecha himself is a fan of Wolgan Valley. I have not been, but cannot wait to go.

Phulay Bay in Krabi, Thailand is much closer to an Aman level experience than it is to any other Ritz-Carlton property. It will be interesting to see how the future Ritz-Carlton Reserve resorts turn out.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 3:50 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Apparently Adrian Zecha himself is a fan of Wolgan Valley. I have not been, but cannot wait to go.

Phulay Bay in Krabi, Thailand is much closer to an Aman level experience than it is to any other Ritz-Carlton property. It will be interesting to see how the future Ritz-Carlton Reserve resorts turn out.
^
If only more RCs are like this one , it was good that we checked it out " on a whim " when we were at Amanpuri , a pleasant day trip
Old Feb 5, 2012, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Wolgan Valley is indeed superb and could easily have been an Aman. In fact, AZ said 'There is only one thing wrong with Wolgan Valley - it is not an Aman'. I agree!!
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A380 Flyer
But The Dewa in Koh Chang looks AMAZING!
I have stayed at the Dewa. It is a nice hotel with a very kind staff team.

Unfortunately, it is not near to the same level as an Aman, however it is the best accomodation on Koh Chang for service quality. You can usually find very good (low) prices for the Dewa on agoda.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:03 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Wolgan Valley is indeed superb and could easily have been an Aman. In fact, AZ said 'There is only one thing wrong with Wolgan Valley - it is not an Aman'. I agree!!
Another thing wrong with Wolgan is that the ownership is s state where human rights are ignored and women and gays opressed. Up to you to bring them your business. (I go to Lilianfels when in the Blue Mountains)

Back on topic: Southern Ocean Lodge is definitely Aman, but also Longitude at Uluru or Lizard Island.

Tower Lodge (a new R&C) is very private too.

But can we define a typical Aman? They are increasingly different. You can not compare Amangalla with Amandelhi or Amankila. Of course all three have character, charm and personal service tough.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:54 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I would add The Upper House in Hong Kong and Singita Lebombo and Singita Boulders in South Africa.

Have been to all 5 of Indonesian Amans, as well as Amansara, Aman Summer Palace, and Amangani. We loved the UH and Singita experiences as much as Aman.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Resorts like Aman resorts?

Alila Villas Soori
The Setai Miami
The Datai (GHM Management)
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:18 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I would add The Upper House in Hong Kong and Singita Lebombo and Singita Boulders in South Africa.

Have been to all 5 of Indonesian Amans, as well as Amansara, Aman Summer Palace, and Amangani. We loved the UH and Singita experiences as much as Aman.
Love the design and whole feel of UH.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
For city hotels, dont forget Park Hyatts, they really are right up there! We love the zurich and milan ones!
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by ngfan
The Datai (GHM Management)
The Datai is exceptional but no longer GHM-managed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.