Four Seasons Santa Barbara

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2011, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*

Hi all - just discovered this forum on FT and was hoping someone might be able to help me. We go to the FS Santa Barbara every year for Thanksgiving and every year we book the "stay 2 nights, 1 free" deal. However, this year they have blacked it out (so far) for that week. Hotel reservations confirmed it is not available.

Has anyone had experience in FS "opening up" this offer as the date approaches? Any other ways besides getting a Platinum card (read that when I searched this forum) not to pay rack rate at this property?

Thanks much!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 5:38 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, RC STARS, MO FanClub, Dorchester Diamond, Luxury Priv, Peninsula PenClub
Four Seasons Santa Barbara at Thanksgiving

Plenty of space is available over Thanksgiving (not with 3rd night free). Preferred Partner amenities are included when booking with Four Seasons Preferred Partner agent.

Preferred Partner amenities at the Four Seasons Santa Barbara:
~Daily full American breakfast for two through In-Room Dining or in the hotel restaurant (including buffets)
~Lunch for two once during stay (up to US$85, excluding gratuity and alcohol)
~Upgrade of one category, based on availability at time of check-in (excluding signature suites and villas)
~Complimentary high-speed Internet access for all suite bookings

Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:23 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
wow... what a helpful response Linda
Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:37 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by goldengate
Hi all - just discovered this forum on FT and was hoping someone might be able to help me. We go to the FS Santa Barbara every year for Thanksgiving and every year we book the "stay 2 nights, 1 free" deal. However, this year they have blacked it out (so far) for that week. Hotel reservations confirmed it is not available.

Has anyone had experience in FS "opening up" this offer as the date approaches? Any other ways besides getting a Platinum card (read that when I searched this forum) not to pay rack rate at this property?
No personal experience, but I can tell you that the FS Hualalai's offers aren't as good as they've been the last couple of years, either. While these are different hotels, I think it's an indication that the management of these hotels feels that the economy is sufficiently better this year that they will be able to fill the rooms without the promos. I note that these two hotels probably have significant overlap in potential clientele.

Certainly, if the bookings don't come in, they may consider sweetening the pot at a later time. But I doubt even hotel management knows what will transpire in the coming months.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:03 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
The Santa Barbara property also has a robust groups business so I have seen numerous weekends at or near capacity due to these large groups.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 2:09 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
One thing about this property to highlight is it's adjacency to a rail line. The rail line is used at all hours of the day.

If you are a light sleeper or someone who has a hard time returning to sleep after being roused, this property mightn't be for you.

I've only been once but was quite pleased with the layout, which owing to its vintage is a bit unique, and the service.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:00 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Looking forward to my first stay at this property coming up. Any feedback on the kids activities? For my 5 year old.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 1:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
Do they take big dogs? I've had my eye on that place as a possible one to take the spouse and pooch and am wondering if our 90 lb wonder would pass muster there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.