Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Link "updated" website degrades info displayed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:58 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Luxury Link "updated" website degrades info displayed

The site http://www.luxurylink.com which lists supposed bargains went down for a day or so for them to "improve" the website.

The main improvement seems to be that they eliminated telling you what percentage off list their offers were. Used to be, you saw this on the cover page (listing multiple offers) as well as on the page containing more info.

Now it's gone in both places. If you click through, the list price is still displayed, so you can find out the information with a bit of math, but it still requires a click through to get info that was previously displayed right up front in a comparative manner.

Now why would you do that unless you thought your deals were going to get worse?

P.S. I was going to comment on this on the site but it appears they don't provide a way to do that, at least not one I could readily find. Ditto for their Facebook page.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

on the plus side (i know, i know) one wont be fooled when they give inflated list price / percentage.

it seems there is a real market for transparency, considering how rare it is these days.
Old May 6, 2011, 8:47 pm

I've used LuxuryLink to snag some very nice deals, particularly in combination with $100 or 10% off coupons, ebates, and auction purchases. Not sure why the % off doesn't show when you view the property page (I noticed that too) but it does show up on the search results page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.