Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:15 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
FS London to have exclusive toiletries and scents by Roja Dove:

http://www.travelio.net/heaven-scent...park-lane.html
Old Nov 25, 2010, 9:51 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, BMI Gold, United 1K
Originally Posted by wripro
Yes, 195 GP is a great introductory rate but when I checked for when I'll be in London next in April the rate was 568 GP with breakfast for a superior room. That's pretty steep for such a small space imo. Especially when you add on the VAT.
568GP is ridiculous for 25m2!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:59 am

I have made a reservation with FHR rate for a Premier Room late March at 280GBP only. But it seems there is a huge difference between week-end rate and monday to friday nights.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
I have made a reservation with FHR rate for a Premier Room late March at 280GBP only. But it seems there is a huge difference between week-end rate and monday to friday nights.
Does that include the upgrade? I think I got the same room for 215 pounds through CTS for a weekend, but checking out on Monday.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
Does that include the upgrade? I think I got the same room for 215 pounds through CTS for a weekend, but checking out on Monday.
confirmed upgrade? DLX introductory = £215
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
introductory rate - feb/mar from £195

weekend rate - feb/mar/apr from £225, potential upgrades >
£280 premier
£550 conservatory
£900 executive conservatory
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:04 am

280GBP is the standard FHR rate for a Premier room during the week-end, including breakfast, and late check-out + upgrade upon arrival depending on availability.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
280GBP is the standard FHR rate for a Premier room during the week-end, including breakfast, and late check-out + upgrade upon arrival depending on availability.
Is that PTS or CTS? I think I got a confirmed upgrade already to Premier through CTS. But I'm not 100% sure. I made the reservation long ago when the hotel wasn't sure how they were going to handle Centurion customers. It's still too early to stress about it for me. I'll call in January.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:53 am

Is that PTS or CTS? I think I got a confirmed upgrade already to Premier through CTS. But I'm not 100% sure. I made the reservation long ago when the hotel wasn't sure how they were going to handle Centurion customers. It's still too early to stress about it for me. I'll call in January.
PTS stands for Platinum Travel Service & CTS for Centurion?
The reservation was made through Centurion Travel Service, but even regarding other properties there is no such difference between Platinum & Centurion amenities. At least with French Centurion card.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, CTS is Centurion Travel Service. With the US Centurion, you get extra benefits beyond Platinum at:

Amanresorts
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Peninsula Hotels
Orient-Express Hotels
The Ritz-Carlton
St. Regis Hotels & Resorts

But I'm not sure about the FS London. We'll have to wait for the 2011 benefits to be released.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But I'm not sure about the FS London. We'll have to wait for the 2011 benefits to be released.
My experience is that the best benefits with Four Seasons come through Virtuoso- DavidO who has posted in this thread is an agent for example, and he has been very very helpful to me and particularly with Four Seasons properties in both Asia and the Americas.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
My experience is that the best benefits with Four Seasons come through Virtuoso- DavidO who has posted in this thread is an agent for example, and he has been very very helpful to me and particularly with Four Seasons properties in both Asia and the Americas.
I would be careful with that. If you have a good corporate rate and/or juice at the hotel or chain, then Virtuoso is not so great a deal. I've seen plenty of posts on Flyertalk about Virtuoso experiences where their rate was a lot more expensive than my corporate rate and I got exactly the same benefits. It's not for everyone.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FSPP has nothing to do with virtuoso

FSPP works on promo rates, has full breakfast, and there are promotions

FHR has guaranteed late checkout, and sometimes amenities in local currency

not sure how upgrades can compare...

does US cent still have confirmed upgrades at aman? seems all others dropped it.

st regis now, cool, i see confirmed upgrades as usual.

in general, negotiating beyond FHR contract seems relatively rare, while other partners seem more flexible. i am another that can personally vouch for DavidO in this regard.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 26, 2010 at 10:29 am
Old Dec 9, 2010, 2:26 pm

The Gallivanters Guide on twitter have retweeted some nice pictures from the soon to open FS London. (@gallivanters via @AndyPRCo)
Old Dec 21, 2010, 2:05 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DavidO
The hotel is still scheduled to open in mid-December, although reservations are currently being accepted from 1FEB.
FS website currently says "Opening late 2010. Now confirming reservations for arrivals from January 31, 2011." Will be in London 28th to 31st January. Is there a chance that I will be able to stay there, or should I just forget about it? Have sent them an email, but no answer yet, so I thought I would ask you about it.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Musken
FS website currently says "Opening late 2010. Now confirming reservations for arrivals from January 31, 2011." Will be in London 28th to 31st January. Is there a chance that I will be able to stay there, or should I just forget about it? Have sent them an email, but no answer yet, so I thought I would ask you about it.
I'm booked in February. However in January I have a booking next door at the IC. I'm sure I'll find time to wander over and peek through the curtains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.