The Oberoi Mumbai
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by amardeepets3323
Mumbai best hotels:-

The Taj Mahal Palace
The Oberoi Mumbai
Agree totally ^
Old Jun 28, 2014, 2:06 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
Originally Posted by cakegirl
Late September

Late September is towards the end of/just after the rainy season in India. To set the foundation for a future trip, I would do a day in Agra (Amarvilas) and three days at Rambagh in Jaipur.

Jaipur-Delhi is reasonably well connected by air; you should have no trouble finding a flight convenient to your international departure. Tip: if you fly 9W or AI, you get into T3 which is easier for international flights. All other domestic flights get into terminal 1D.

Caveat: I haven't been to Amanbagh yet.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 4:45 am
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Is there anything in Jaisalmer? The Serai is R&C or perhaps Suryagarh? Has anyone been? I seems like a difficult place to get to.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by sydakllon
Is there anything in Jaisalmer? The Serai is R&C or perhaps Suryagarh? Has anyone been? I seems like a difficult place to get to.
If you decide to journey to Jaisalmer, then The Serai is by far the best option, with an unusually good spa.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:53 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
If you decide to journey to Jaisalmer, then The Serai is by far the best option, with an unusually good spa.
Isn't The Serai a good hour outside Jaisalmer? I'd think that would be inconvenient, even if it does look lovely.

Have you been to the Suryagarh? How do you compare it with The Serai and other top properties in India? We're considering Suryagarh's Suryagarh Suite with private rooftop pool for an India trip in Jan/Feb 2017.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Isn't The Serai a good hour outside Jaisalmer? I'd think that would be inconvenient, even if it does look lovely.

Have you been to the Suryagarh? How do you compare it with The Serai and other top properties in India? We're considering Suryagarh's Suryagarh Suite with private rooftop pool for an India trip in Jan/Feb 2017.
I have never stayed at The Suryagarh - just looked. It is certainly a good option in Jaisalmer, but obviously quite different from the desert-style Serai, which is more like Aman-i-Khas in concept. The Suryagarh is, as you say, much easier to reach and less isolated. It really depends on what you are looking for.

I don't think you can compare the Suryagarh to some of India's top properties, such as Amanbagh, Umaid Bhawan, Falaknuma Palace etc., as it is a small, privately run operation, but if you want to be in Jaisalmer, then it's an acceptable option.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:18 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I have never stayed at The Suryagarh - just looked. It is certainly a good option in Jaisalmer, but obviously quite different from the desert-style Serai, which is more like Aman-i-Khas in concept. The Suryagarh is, as you say, much easier to reach and less isolated. It really depends on what you are looking for.

I don't think you can compare the Suryagarh to some of India's top properties, such as Amanbagh, Umaid Bhawan, Falaknuma Palace etc., as it is a small, privately run operation, but if you want to be in Jaisalmer, then it's an acceptable option.
Thanks for the feedback! We opted to miss Jaisalmer for the upcoming trip for Jan 2017...but instead are including Amanbagh, Umaid Bhawan (if it opens up for our dates, otherwise we are booked for Raas Heritage Suite), etc.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:55 pm

I'm going to Andaman islands next March. Question what is a bitter city to visit.. Mumbai or Delhi? I will be going to Chennai as well.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by surftb15
I'm going to Andaman islands next March. Question what is a bitter city to visit.. Mumbai or Delhi? I will be going to Chennai as well.
"Better" is SUCH a hard standard, almost impossible to answer. Any advice will be just that - advice - opinionated and anecdotal.

I guess I'd ask: have you been to India? What exactly are you looking for/looking to do on this trip?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by pricesquire
"Better" is SUCH a hard standard, almost impossible to answer. Any advice will be just that - advice - opinionated and anecdotal.

I guess I'd ask: have you been to India? What exactly are you looking for/looking to do on this trip?
Yea I was born there .
But in all honestly, the purpose of the trip is to unwind in the Andaman Isladns The secondary purpose is to spend 2 days in one of those two cities. Cant decide which one.
Dont car about museums etc.
Old May 1, 2016, 7:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by surftb15
Yea I was born there .
But in all honestly, the purpose of the trip is to unwind in the Andaman Isladns The secondary purpose is to spend 2 days in one of those two cities. Cant decide which one.
Dont car about museums etc.
I'd probably rather hang out for 2 days in The Lodhi (DEL) than in the Taj/Oberoi (BOM).

That said, the restaurant scene of Mumbai has been drooling months after getting home.

I think I'd probably do Mumbai to eat at Trishna alone. One of the top ten dining experiences I've ever had.

http://trishna.co.in

I guess it depends whether you're shooting for the city with the best hotels, or the best to-do's.
Old May 1, 2016, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by pricesquire
I'd probably rather hang out for 2 days in The Lodhi (DEL) than in the Taj/Oberoi (BOM).

That said, the restaurant scene of Mumbai has been drooling months after getting home.

I think I'd probably do Mumbai to eat at Trishna alone. One of the top ten dining experiences I've ever had.

http://trishna.co.in

I guess it depends whether you're shooting for the city with the best hotels, or the best to-do's.
Cool. Ill be going back to India over thanksgiving to visit family, but that is WAY away from the 2 cities. This trip (in March) will be with the wife, and she has never been before.

So got to slowly ease her in to it! LOL.

And yea, the Lodhi looks like a great spot.

BUt looking for the best to-dos. I could perhapos do Delhi and Lodhi going there and some place in Mumbai on the return. ill be in Chennai for a night before taking the flight to POrt Blair .
Old May 1, 2016, 2:45 pm

so Ive been doing some thinking here, I just called some relatives.

I think we will do Rajasthan and visit with some relatives (though they live a bit of a distance).

This way we can stay at the Aman.

Which will be a good introduction to India without diving all the way in.

Then cycle back to Andaman Islands and visit a city afterward.
Old May 2, 2016, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ask about full board (and laundry) at amanbagh (if only via Exclusive or not)

re andaman islands >
7 rooms, opened late 2015 >
http://www.jalakara.info/
https://www.i-escape.com/the-jalakara
(has been in press for years)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 2, 2016 at 9:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.