Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

How does one set up a profile with Four Seasons?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2010, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mariott Plat, *wood Plat, Hyatt Diamond, United 1K

Hey all,

newbie to the luxury forum

I will be staying in a FS property for a long time (at least 3 months) soon, is there anyway that I can get a profile with my preferences setup online or is this a call to the property? It seems the best way to book with FS is to get a travel agent, am I missing out on something?

I've read the forum and realize they have no official loyalty program etc and that people still love it. What should I expect out of the hotel in terms of promos and benefits ?

any advice is greatly appreciated

****mods**** please change my thread title to further clarify what exactly I'm looking for

Last edited by btravel112; Mar 17, 2010 at 3:56 pm Reason: request for a mod
Old Mar 17, 2010, 5:31 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I don't think you can.. other than if you plan to stay at a certain hotel frequently, then you can setup the profile with the hotel specifically.

I would love to have my profile setup for all FS hotels... i.e. San Pellegrino rather than still water in the room, etc...
Old Mar 17, 2010, 5:49 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Welcome btravel112. If you are staying for 3 months I think they will very quickly figure out what you like and don't like an anticipate your needs as the stay progresses. That is one of the hallmarks of the FS experience.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 5:50 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by ACfly
I would love to have my profile setup for all FS hotels... i.e. San Pellegrino rather than still water in the room, etc...
Hmmmm..... this really should be easy for FS to do in one of two fashions. Have you discussed with you TA or someone at one of your fav FS hotels?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:32 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
ABG, I was refering toa system wide FSH profile that is used for every FSH hotels. Does it exist?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:46 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
ABG, I was refering toa system wide FSH profile that is used for every FSH hotels. Does it exist?
If there is such a thing, I'm not aware of it. FS does this poorly. Im at my second FS in 48 hours (Vegas followed by Shanghai) and had to fill out the form here in Shanghai. Actually the FS Vegas wanted me to fill out the form before I informed them that I had been there a dozen times and my profile should be on file.

FS does not share the database information across locations, and doesnt pay a lick of attention to the information you provide via the web. The web profile is a complete waste of time. My travel agent is well tuned to my idiosyncrasies and makes sure that the hotel is aware of them before I check in.

For a 3-month stay, theyll figure you out. Fairly quickly. Expect to be greeted, by name, after the second day. The restaurant/bar will figure out what you like in short order. Room service will figure out your schedule and appear to be seamless.

I hope this isnt the FS Palo Alto (or Singapore). If so, I feel sorry for you 3 months at either of those two places would drive me nuts.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My understanding is that this does exist.
How you get one- I have no idea- but obviously I don't meet the criteria
Old Mar 18, 2010, 7:17 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
There is a category known as a Profile Guest - and I think the designation is extended by invitation to frequent FS guests.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DavidO
There is a category known as a Profile Guest - and I think the designation is extended by invitation to frequent FS guests.
My understanding is not only frequent, but also a certain spend profile (which I don't fit )
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FSPP might help OP negotiate discount/extras?

(and no taxes for 1 month plus)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 18, 2010 at 11:20 pm
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Apparently FS Residence Club owners qualify for the FS Profile Guest program:

http://www.fourseasons.com/interlude...icle_2912.html

(Or, based on the article, they did back in 2005.)
Old Mar 18, 2010, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RC has an owners program (at least for residences) where they get upgraded to suite from base rate, at booking, then further upgrades if available at checkin.

from a former FS aviara timeshare owner, i heard that FS used to have a similar program that specifically offered upgrades and other benefits, but ended it a few years ago.

hmm, still link still works >
https://secure.fourseasons.com/secur...e_options.html

from the article >
your key preferences are anticipated when making a hotel reservation, you are pre-registered each time you stay at a Four Seasons, and that your hotel check-in is expedited

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 18, 2010 at 11:27 pm
Old Mar 18, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
FS doesnt pay a lick of attention to the information you provide via the web.
I remember taking the time to fill that out a couple of years ago. The information I put in there has never made its way to the hotels I have stayed in.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by DavidO
I posed a similar question to my Virtuoso/Protravel/FSPP agent a couple weeks ago, as I stay in several different FS properties throughout the year. The individual property she contacted (Hualalai) said they do not have access to my "profile". Then my agent contacted director us FS USA sales, and the response was "Customer Profiles stay with each individual hotel/resort and are not shared system-wide."

If there is indeed a "profile guest" program, why would the director of sales say otherwise?

And how much money does one have to spend to get access to it? Heck, with $10,000 of spend I earn top-tier status on AA. With $10,000 in spend at FS properties in 2008 I got nothing more than my FSPP amenity.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:25 am

Much as I love FS, they are hopeless when it comes to guest profiles. I have stayed at most FS hotels yet I still get bottles of Champagne (I don't drink it) and all sorts of other things I don't like. The only time it works is when the GM knows me, but even then, I have seen old addresses on my check-in form (one that was nearly 15 years out of date). They say it is because of the data protection act (can't store any data on people).

Best thing to do is e-mail the GM before you go and set out a list of things you want and don't want, but yes, you have to do it each time, so it's very labour intensive.

R-C are just as bad. I do wish they would not spray their 'signature fragrance' on the bed linen!!!!!!! And what's with the incessant cheese plate amenities?

Last edited by vuittonsofstyle; Mar 19, 2010 at 8:25 am Reason: jet-lag

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.