Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf & Spa in Andalusia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2009, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf & Spa in Andalusia

Has anyone tried this new property ? Looks quite interesting and a nice alternative to the Ritz Carlton Villa Padierna. Great reviews on TA.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It was in the Financial Times a few days ago - see here

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/60e9679a-8...44feabdc0.html

Must admit, it seemed interesting and I had a look at the website, excellent rates.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks Raffles. Interesting article. Not a huge fan of the region but would be perfect for a late summer/early autumn short break. Stayed once at the RC Villa Padierna. Beautiful hotel but with good service in parts.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 3:11 pm

It is a beautiful hotel, definitely worth to visit. I was then when it was just opened and got to say the best hotel in Spain in my opinion. Service is still a bit so so but certain rooms and most of all the restaurant is great!!
They have 3 huge pools to enjoy the day if you dont want to go to the beach and a beautiful spa. Great innovation is a Finish snow room!!
Only minus is the surrounding construction as they also sell residences, which are still under construction. But no noise disturbance, just the arrival experience..
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
It was in the Financial Times a few days ago - see here

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/60e9679a-8...44feabdc0.html
more details from same writer >
http://www.departures.com/articles/c...and-spa-resort

Originally Posted by Nado
I was here for a wedding and stayed two nights. Outstanding property with over the top service. It is a bit removed from it all but from what I understood, the OP wanted to be in the area immediately south of Sevilla and Jerez and by the sea. This property fits those criteria.

Feel free to PM if you've any questions. Cheers!
Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:13 pm

Strange - must have been an old Sophie Roberts article as Franklyn Hotels (David Stein) appear to no longer represent Finca Cortesin.

In fact, David Stein's empire, which was Luxury Lifestyle Hotels & Resorts, seems to have shrunk to a handful of properties -

Italy, Casa Angelina
Italy, Locanda Monache
Rome, Villa Spalletti Trivelli
Monaco, Port Palace
Amsterdam, The College Hotel
London, Durley House
London, Cadogan

I guess he still owns Son Net in Mallorca, but I was surprised to see that it was absent from the new Franklyn collection.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:17 am
BMK

Programs: British Airways Blue, Virgin Flying Club Silver, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
Think we have this hotel running on another thread.

I've booked to stay there for a weekend in June and i'm looking forward to it as it looks fantastic and has had good reviews.

I'm also doing a weekend at the Villa Padierna so will report back.

I stayed at the Son Net in Mallorca last summer for a few days and i'm pretty sure it was a Franklyn resort - loved that hotel and they had some great deals as well..!!

PM me for any help.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 8:12 am

The restaurant with the Dutch Chef Chilo is definitely great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.