Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury day trip experiences from Munich? Suggestions for a group of 8 at Oktoberfest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury day trip experiences from Munich? Suggestions for a group of 8 at Oktoberfest

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: luxury traveler

Hello! I'm looking for ideas to sightsee/ get in a peak experiences for a group of 8 staying over a long Oktoberfest weekend in September. Any "must-do" luxury experiences that are recommended? It's a pretty healthy and resourced group of Americans, thank you in advance!
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
What do you understand under a "luxury experience"?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: luxury traveler
castle tour?
lake/river cruise?
awesome car rental/driving tour?
great restaurants?
Would a stay at the Seehotel Uberfahrt be a nice base for such excursions?
Thank you!
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by chicagocat
Hello! I'm looking for ideas to sightsee/ get in a peak experiences for a group of 8 staying over a long Oktoberfest weekend in September. Any "must-do" luxury experiences that are recommended? It's a pretty healthy and resourced group of Americans, thank you in advance!
I would probably do a day trip to Salzburg, which is worth the 1.5h drive -- best to start early in the morning to avoid crowds and have lunch at Hotel Sacher's traditional restaurant, which affords beautiful views.

If you're into cars, you could arrange a visit to BMW's Driving Academy Maisach just outside of Munich. Avoid any packages offered through their website and trust a good Concierge to arrange something special directly. Should be easy for a resourceful Concierge or anyone with a good connection to BMW -- I've done so in the past. Could probably combine with their museum if interested (nothing special).

Other than that, not sure what would qualify as a luxury experience. I could cite a million things in Paris which would be much more appealing, but it is a bit harder in Germany!
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by chicagocat
castle tour?
lake/river cruise?
awesome car rental/driving tour?
great restaurants?
Would a stay at the Seehotel Uberfahrt be a nice base for such excursions?
Thank you!
Überfahrt is fine and offers a 3 star restaurant. Also consider Schloss Elmau or Kempinski Berchtesgaden on the Obersalzberg. There ar many beautiful things to do near Munich and some nice hotels and restaurant but I don't know luxury excursions etc. Not my cup of tea and under my impression not very common in Germany.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scented
BMW's Driving Academy Maisach just outside of Munich
wonder re fastest cars one can drive on tracks etc

anyone heard anything re (has hotels - upscale?) >

projekt-spielberg.com/en
projekt-spielberg.com/en/experiences-with-engine/driving-experiences
projekt-spielberg.com/en/experiences-with-engine/events
projekt-spielberg.com/en/news-events/calendar

travellermade.com/experiences/projekt-spielberg/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.