Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanpuri--trip report in the making....

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I know at least one Virtuoso agent on here who does admit to having
Sorry for my late reply, I've been slammed.
We haven't used any agent, especially Virtuoso for any vaccies. But it sounds like a fantastic idea
If we would do, what would you say that we should notice to? (Which agent is good/ not as good) thanks 🙂
Old May 16, 2017, 9:24 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Rachelmucha
The main grounds did give us some pleasant time, so we had no problem but enjoyed being on the beach and the pool for hours.

Until I noticed that tape water from the bath was yellow and there was water having been dripping from the ceiling to my clothes' bag when we were out, I was wondering if Puri didn't have time/ attention/ enough staff to check and keep this pavilion clean.

Since we chose Puri for Aman's experience, I took it lightly of our pavilion's hardware.

I noticed the "dripping" area having a dirt mark when we checked in the pavilion. But it looked dry, so I simply thought it must have been taken care of before Puri assigned it to us.
That said, it is not a big deal. I just mentioned it as a fact as I wonder if Puri has noticed those issues or not (assuming Puri would take great care of their pavilions/ villas even they are not pavilion/private villa residence). It's because staying at Aman isn't cheap - we spent ~9,300usd for 5N in Puri. Could stay at FS/RC/PH/ other nice hotels and they can fix the problems faster, though we were going to Puri for a "service" experience vaccy.

I also wonder if Aman/ Puri would care about Flyertalk or not (I know they care about ISG). Or am I being too picky on them... :

About Amanpulo, when Nathan and I went out from our villa, housekeeping service kept coming right after. Since we have been going out and back to our villa numerous times for various water sports every day and we always got a fresh villa to rest, we were surprised that how nice they treated guests and we felt being nicely spoilt!
We started to notice that they gave you this Ace service when once, we went back to the villa mid-way to get something, we saw housekeeping was there already! Such a remarkable service.
Thanks for the info! Heading off to Pulo and Puri in July for site inspections. So your report saved me some of the troubles Very excited about Pulo but Puri is starting to worry me and I'm currently working to cut time short at Puri in exchange for a few nights at Iniala. Few of my Flyertalk clients just raved about their Iniala experience over Puri (and many other luxury properties).

I'll confirm back here if Iniala lives up to the huge hype/expectations. Based on the $ you spent for 5 nights at Puri, Iniala sounds like it could be great value.

Last edited by BESVISOR; May 17, 2017 at 4:23 am
Old May 16, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: No program whatsoever
Originally Posted by Rachelmucha
[...]
I also wonder if Aman/ Puri would care about Flyertalk or not (I know they care about ISG).

[...]
What does ISG stand for?
Old May 16, 2017, 12:41 pm
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by 0bsidian
What does ISG stand for?
My guess is Instagram.
Old May 16, 2017, 7:30 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Thanks for the info! Heading off to Pulo and Puri in July for site inspections. So your report saved me some of the troubles Very excited about Pulo but Puri is starting to worry me and I'm currently working to cut time short at Puri in exchange for a few nights at Iniala. Few of my Flyertalk clients just raved about their Iniala experience over Puri (and many other luxury properties).

I'll confirm back here if Iniala lives up to the huge hype/expectations. Based on the $ you spent for 5 nights at Puri, Iniala sounds like it could be great value.
Smart move.
Old May 17, 2017, 4:29 am
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by DSI
Smart move.
There is wisdom in this forum/community that I simply cannot ignore

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.