Four Seasons London at Ten Trinity Square

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons London at Ten Trinity Square

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by jonjparr
Does anybody else here actively avoid room categories with showers over the bath? I can't stand them. The only place I will abide them are airport hotels.
Yep - I have it in my stay list that I don't want it. I'm 189cm tall, so therefore in 95% of cases I have to crouch to have a shower.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by scented
It is interesting that some recent FS developments include either showers only or tub/shower combos in both new builds/developments (FS DIFC) and restorations (FS Trinity). Both properties are somewhat business hotels (DIFC more than Trinity). This problem can be avoided by booking top end rooms or suites. In a way it is understandable that the blueprint is streamlined and geared towards the modern traveler, who - in reality - makes mostly use of the shower. Lately FS tries to perfect the product and seems willing to compromise, although this can be rather dangerous, taking the 'luxury hotel' aspect into perspective. Only FS with their highly personalized service and flawless (well-earned) reputation can afford to 'cut corners' like this, without risking to be seen as somewhat of a lesser group. Isn't a tub one of the hallmarks of Forbes' 5* rating?

A brand newFour Seasons Hotel Room without a walk-in shower. What are they thinking??
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by jonjparr
Does anybody else here actively avoid room categories with showers over the bath? I can't stand them. The only place I will abide them are airport hotels.
Would never book and if there is a risk I make sure in advance I will not get one.

Fot me room with combo is community-flat level. Wouldn't mostly not even take it f for free.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:16 am

I can't wait for real pictures of Heritage suites, aren't they supposed to be available by now?
Price tag is almost twice higher for a 'grand heritage suite' compared to a standard 'heritage suite'. I wonder if it's worth it for an additional 30sqm.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:36 am

Still haven't made it to London to check out this new grande dame... Will likely go when the spa is up and running. Must be special by the sound of it. Though from what I gather they are still recruiting for the spa -- wonder if it is delayed.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:39 am

I contacted the DoR on 16th April to follow up on when the suites and spa were available and was told: "In order to experience suite and spa product I suggest from the month of June. I can give you more details during the month of May."
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

some interesting values

aug >
_585 53-67m2 34 exec room (still has 20% off)
1010 65m2 3 heritage suite (ground floor)
1350 100m2 4 trinity (ground floor)
2500 135-145m2 2 grand (ground floor)
____ 175m2 1 presidential (3rd floor)
____ 89m2 1 deluxe suite (3rd floor)

floorplans are up, some are not the best
fourseasons.com/tentrinity/accommodations/room_comparison/

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post27755556

wonder what minimum lease will be for residences

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 29, 2017 at 8:40 pm
Old May 2, 2017, 5:32 pm

Stayed for 1 quick night last week, had to ask for FHR upgrade after my room was assigned.

Fresh and nice but next time I think I would stay in the Mayfair area
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:16 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am spending a few nights at this hotel. Booked a premier room but emphasized to the hotel that I preferred a larger room to a view so they upgraded me to an Executive room. All of these face a sort of interior courtyard. The good news is that you can actually see daylight since it is open to the sky. The bad news is that I am getting no cellular reception in the room. This is a common problem for this type of room here in London; it can be fixed if the hotel puts in an interior antenna and possibly a repeater or two but not here.

The room is spacious. It has a king bed and looks pretty much exactly as shown on their website.

Service has its rough edges. I've discovered that if I call the operator and make a request, they wait until I am finished and say "I'll pass you on to X department" where I have to start all over again, even on the most basic request.

When I asked for additional towels (the hotel only stocks two bath towels in the room by default), the person with the towels entered the room without knocking.

Going to go take a look at the hotel restaurants and pool/jacuzzi. Can report back if anyone cares to know.

Amex FHR only includes continental breakfast, but upgrading to a decent level breakfast cost 10 pounds or less extra per person. Haven't tried breakfast yet.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Amex FHR only includes continental breakfast, but upgrading to a decent level breakfast cost 10 pounds or less extra per person. Haven't tried breakfast yet.
That's weak....
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:23 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are two restaurants here, a so-called combination Japanese-Chinese restaurant (which turns out to be a Chinese restaurant that also has a sushi bar) and a French restaurant, La Dame de Pic. Just had lunch at the latter. They have a lunch menu (GBP29 for two courses, GBP39 for three) which was an excellent value for quite nice food. You do want to eat here.

There is a small card hidden away on one of the two nightstands which announces that to "save the environment" they will only change sheets every three days unless you ask otherwise. I asked otherwise and they still didn't change them, that's in the process of being rectified now.

Incidentally, the spa is fully open. Haven't tried it but I just tried the pool area. They have a large relaxation pool with jets. Apparently it's not called a hot tub because it isn't hot. For me, this takes away a lot of the pleasure. Likewise, there is no bucket for water for the sauna, although maybe that is a cultural thing.

There is still some room work underway on the third floor but I did not hear any construction sounds at all.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jun 27, 2017 at 11:43 am
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:31 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I am spending a few nights at this hotel. Booked a premier room but emphasized to the hotel that I preferred a larger room to a view so they upgraded me to an Executive room. All of these face a sort of interior courtyard. The good news is that you can actually see daylight since it is open to the sky. The bad news is that I am getting no cellular reception in the room. This is a common problem for this type of room here in London; it can be fixed if the hotel puts in an interior antenna and possibly a repeater or two but not here.

The room is spacious. It has a king bed and looks pretty much exactly as shown on their website.

Service has its rough edges. I've discovered that if I call the operator and make a request, they wait until I am finished and say "I'll pass you on to X department" where I have to start all over again, even on the most basic request.

When I asked for additional towels (the hotel only stocks two bath towels in the room by default), the person with the towels entered the room without knocking.

Going to go take a look at the hotel restaurants and pool/jacuzzi. Can report back if anyone cares to know.

Experiences like this make me thrilled to use points at a near luxury or comparable luxury hotel rather then spending cash for a subpar service experience at an avowed luxury hotel--especially in the pricier cities like London, NYC, Paris, Tokyo, etc.

Your experiences would make me contact a manager and expect a fairly hearty rebate on the room rate. But the Amex FHR breakfast benefit being only continental would make me tell FS to stick it where the sun don't shine. Nickel and diming isn't a luxury experience.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:35 am

There are two restaurants here, a so-called combination Japanese-Chinese restaurant (which turns out to be a Chinese restaurant that also has a sushi bar) and a French restaurant, La Dame de Pic. Just had lunch at the latter. They have a lunch menu (GBP29 for two courses, GBP39 for three) which I thought it was an excellent value for quite nice food. You do want to eat here.
F&B at FS Trinity is a sensation... La Dame de Pic has to be the best restaurant in London right now and Mei Ume is just as excellent for a casual dinner with friends.

There is a small card hidden away on one of the two nightstands which announces that to "save the environment" they will only change sheets every three days unless you ask otherwise. I asked otherwise and they still didn't change them, I'm working on rectifying that now.
It's not just this particular property, this is happening everywhere. Certainly nice to save the environment, although I suspect it is a nice 'green' reason to service the room faster. Since I have my linens changed daily at home, I insist they do the same for me in all properties. Usually no problem!

Four Seasons internally started a massive project not too long ago which will establish a global guest recognition program. This is an area where they have a lot of catching up to do (especially compared to other groups) and I hear this is being addressed now. So I would ask them to include this in your profile.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:25 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by bhrubin
But the Amex FHR breakfast benefit being only continental would make me tell FS to stick it where the sun don't shine. Nickel and diming isn't a luxury experience.

Which creates my follow up question, why would a poster (let alone the MOD) here book this under FHR when you get a confirmed upgrade and full breakfast with FSPP?
I'm in between travel agents currently and didn't want to make the effort to start with a new one for this one booking. Lazy I know! It never even occurred to me to check if the breakfast was only continental, however.

As it happened, I booked Premier and they did upgrade me one level, to Executive.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jun 28, 2017 at 3:14 am
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:53 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ABG
Which creates my follow up question, why would a poster (let alone the MOD) here book this under FHR when you get a confirmed upgrade and full breakfast with FSPP?
This is where programs like FSPP go off the rails IMO. The issue here isn't what our poster did but the insanity of the FS benefit structure here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.