Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of different coloured cards
Exclamation Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat review

Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat is situated on the tip of Cap Ferrat commanding spectacular view of the surrounding mediterranean. Over a 100 years old, its the only hotel on the French Riviera accredited with the "Palace Hotel" status.

Driving up the driveway, you leave stresses and the bustle of the French Riviera behind you as you enter the ewquisite all white lobby. Suprisingly even though I was arriving with the hotel car the was no one to greet me as I arrived and was directed to reception for check-in formalities to be completed. The hotel and public areas have been recently redone with the addition of the Residences designed by Pier-Yves Rochon, boasting all white interiors, floor to ceiling windows opening on to your private terrace and infinity edged pool….

read the rest at http://www.samitravels.co.uk/grandhotelducap.html

cheers,

JB
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:00 pm
BLV

Why not post everything here? And for a property as photogenic as GHdCF, I'd suggest way more pictures

Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA; The Peninsula
It is absolutely a wonderful place! BLV, if you have large versions of those photos, it'd be great to use them as my wallpaper.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:40 pm

I stayed there early December '13 and although I liked the new decor very much I would not go again. Way too expensive for what you get and I did not like the overall atmosphere (people with too much money and not enough education). It can be nice for a 3-day weekend but not for long holidays.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of different coloured cards
sorry i have no idea how to put photos in a post :/
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:57 am
BLV

Originally Posted by Peninsula
BLV, if you have large versions of those photos, it'd be great to use them as my wallpaper.
I do have the originals and I'll send them to you once I hook up my external HD (which might take a while).
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by BLV
I do have the originals and I'll send them to you once I hook up my external HD (which might take a while).
Thank you. They're great photos, and it's additionally interesting to see the pool club before the guests fill it up.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:50 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Thanks for posting and good write up.

You say that it is the only Palace rated hotel on the French Riviera but that isn't really true. Chateau Messardiere in st tropez also recieved the Palace rating I think in 2012 the year after GHDCF recieved it.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:26 pm

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Stayed maybe 15 years ago. Liked it but did not love it even then. But the pool setting is magnificent!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Im staying here in July for 5 nights. These pictures are making me even more excited.

Just to be aware, when I made the booking in January the hotel charged the entire stay to my credit card in January. It was a little unexpected. Nice to go to holiday knowing it was all paid for months ago, but still something to be aware of if planning to book here in peak season.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:51 am
BLV

I'm returning in August.

The pool is salt water and while it is called Olympic, it's not the standard 50 meters (but deep enough for diving on one end).

And let's not forget the clay (synthetic but of highest quality) tennis court!
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:54 pm
BLV

Completed another stay there few weeks ago. Food, service, grounds, gym/spa are great. Don't particularly love the kid scene at the pool, but what can you do...

Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:04 pm

Wonderful photos again BLV, and I'm reiterating my request for the originals!
Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:31 pm
BLV

Which ones do you want? I can only offer the ones from this year b/c it'll take me forever to find last year's. Here's some more. I'm obviously very taken by their pool

Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
wow great review and great camera! we so want to try this hotel byt keep being tempted back to the metropole monte carlo and the monte carlo bay... this is tempting me away!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.