Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood "Luxury Privileges" program

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:46 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by DavidO
For everyone's information, Virtuoso also has a confirmed upgrade at booking at the St. Regis New York.

In the case of XR NYC, I'd recommend booking through Luxury Privileges as the extra amenity is a $100 F&B credit. With Virtuoso, it's Afternoon Tea for two... a flexible credit is always preferable to a credit towards one specific F&B item.
though if one plans to get afternoon tea then the virtuoso amenity is worth more. I think the afternoon tea is $65 per person.... so with tax you're looking close to $140 value

fdw
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
though if one plans to get afternoon tea then the virtuoso amenity is worth more. I think the afternoon tea is $65 per person.... so with tax you're looking close to $140 value

fdw
excellent datapoint, thanks! I think we'll likely use at the bar (I assume $100 will get 2 Bloody Mary's and maybe a water )
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:29 pm

Which SPG properties are offering 3rd or 4th night free until the end of the year?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:53 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Here's a website listing the Luxury Privileges amenities for every participating property. Don't know for sure if it's a public site, but give it a try. Just "search" the page for "complimentary fourth night" or "complimentary third night".

Otherwise, you should be able to download the file here:
watsonammyy likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:52 am

Question

Here's a website listing the Luxury Privileges amenities for every participating property. Don't know for sure if it's a public site, but give it a try. Just "search" the page for "complimentary fourth night" or "complimentary third night".

Otherwise, you should be able to download the file here:
Thank you for the list.

Any updated list for stay after Sept 4 in NYC?
We will be NYC on the week of Sept 18, 2017.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:17 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
The website is maintained by Starwood and will/should be updated.

Unfortunately, 4th night free in New York goes away after the summer season. Business travel resumes in September ... and then there's the UN General Assembly is held September 12-25. Not only won't you find any free night offers during this period, occupancy and rates will be extremely high. I recommend getting yourself booked ASAP!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
To avoid using this thread as a question-and-answer, here is a link to a spreadsheet with the amenities for all participating Starwood properties.
File not found
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by barracuda93
File not found
Google yields: http://www.starwoodpromos.com/partne...yout=amenities

BTW, If you are used to having direct and instantaneous control of your bookings, using an agent can be a frustrating experience. You can book Luxury Privileges rates online using www.whatahotel.com. I have used twice this year without issue. This approach is not agentless, but they contact you AFTER the booking.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by schriste
Google yields: http://www.starwoodpromos.com/partne...yout=amenities

BTW, If you are used to having direct and instantaneous control of your bookings, using an agent can be a frustrating experience. You can book Luxury Privileges rates online using www.whatahotel.com. I have used twice this year without issue. This approach is not agentless, but they contact you AFTER the booking.
Indeed, whatahotel is a website operated by a travel agency.

You can always cancel a TA booking directly with the hotel reservations department. Date changes or other amendments to the booking mayhave to go through agency, although in my experience hotel will, for example, extend a stay at my request with the same rate and inclusions without needing to contact TA.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

agents can also "take over" reservations

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
in my experience hotel will, for example, extend a stay at my request with the same rate and inclusions without needing to contact TA.
assuming (dynamic) rate hasnt changed for existing nights, and extra nights dont have different rate

IIRC from agent posts here, at least with reservation system using dynamic rates (every 'chain' now AFAIK after FS switched) modifying stay (in any way) is considered (simultaneous) canceling & rebooking, and whatever current rate is applies to every night of stay, unless a manager overrides. dynamic can also mean single highest rate can apply to all nights even if other nights have lower rates.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 19, 2017 at 11:45 am
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:16 pm

I sometimes book individual nights or blocks of nights as separate, consecutive reservations.

E.g. An eight night stay with 4th night free as two consecutive four night reservations.

That way I can eliminate or minimize impact of dynamic pricing. Either before arrival or during stay, I can make changes without touching other nights.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

agreed. some here dont want to risk having to change rooms.

how does it work with linking consecutive stays? its like they can make a note of it, or request staying in one room, but not guaranteed like it would be for single booking?

re free nights its interesting how even direct some seem to publish as not repeatable.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
agreed. some here dont want to risk having to change rooms.

how does it work with linking consecutive stays? its like they can make a note of it, or request staying in one room, but not guaranteed like it would be for single booking?

re free nights its interesting how even direct some seem to publish as not repeatable.

Most hotels (all in my experience) will confirm the same room allocation in advance if I contact reservations dept. or my other contacts at hotel.

At hotels I frequent, I also sometimes tell them I don't mind moving if a substantial upgrade is available for part of a stay.

Yes, that's funny. Like Peninsula suite life. I suspect they don't want their suites booked far in advance at low rates. It's also a way to deeply discount without conspicuously publishing such low rates. However, I've often negotiated longer stays at same rate, and have always been able to extend stay at same rate as long as I want once already in house. Sometimes they first offer me a higher rate when I ask to extend, then I tell them I'll just check out and stay elsewhere... it's always a short conversation and I always get to stay in the same room/suite at the right price

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Sep 19, 2017 at 3:30 pm
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Has this list been updated somewhere? The version on starwoodpromos.com seems awfully out of date, most offers have expired by now.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
You can also book Luxury Privileges rate from MasterCard Luxury Travel Services: https://travel.mastercard.com/travel/arc.cfm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.