Reload this Page >

Four Seasons Sharm el Sheikh

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Sharm el Sheikh

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 5:48 pm

We stayed in Mnemba Island as the beach element of our Safari honeymoon 14 years ago - and it was totally amazing. Would perhaps be more nervous about staying in that part of the world now - would certainly want to check their security protocols.
Was an extraordinarily beautiful island (definitely no sea urchins!) and very romantic. Diving was spectacular (whale sharks!!!).

FS Sharm not in the same league. Had a nice enough trip there (and again good diving and snorkelling) and I would go back, but didn't have that special honeymoon wow IMO. There is a reason it's much cheaper (that said, if budget is an issue then i'm sure you would have a good time there, and I don't think a risky place to stay. When we went we only left the resort once, and i would bother at all in the future as the town nearby is pretty grim and we had by far the best food in the FS)

Mauritius - have stayed at Le Touessrok, St Geran and the Residence over the years - think the FS there would feel more special than the FS in Sharm. Diving not so exciting, but beaches are good, and the island is very pretty.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:49 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Wow. Came here to look for reviews, instead found a hijacked thread....
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Wow. Came here to look for reviews, instead found a hijacked thread....
I have stayed at FS Sharm many times, but just as it was about to be fully renovated, everything went haywire in Egypt and the plans were shelved. However, it has been carefully maintained and if you opt for a 1-bed suite with a plunge pool, at the front of the resort, the views will be very good.

Four Seasons seem to be taking Egypt seriously again as they moved one of their key Regional VPs there recently - Dimitrios Zarikos - from their flagship property in Toronto.

It is a lovely resort with terraced gardens and a funicular that takes you to the beach. Food was always good, too, as was service.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:03 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Thanks. We stay regularly at the First Residence.

We used to stay at the Ritz Carlton then the Hyatt. Hyatt is dated but has a private beach for club level guests and an outstanding house reef.

What's the snorkelling like off the jetty? Is the food really that bad and expensive?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:28 am

Thanks. We stay regularly at the First Residence.

We used to stay at the Ritz Carlton then the Hyatt. Hyatt is dated but has a private beach for club level guests and an outstanding house reef.

What's the snorkelling like off the jetty? Is the food really that bad and expensive?
I, too, have stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Sharm, which is nowhere near as good as Four Seasons Sharm.

I don't snorkel, so I don't know what it's like at Four Seasons, but saw plenty of people doing it.

The food was definitely not 'bad' when I was last there! In fact, it was much, much better than at Ritz-Carlton. But chefs move on, so I cannot say what it is like right now.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:26 pm

Given the state of tourism atm I find this a rather odd development http://www.egyptindependent.com/egyp...-worth-le7-bn/

Perhaps they will begin to start more of the all inclusive market. I've begun to see third party resellers being doing this for the FS' in Bali and other SEA destinations.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:44 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Given the state of tourism atm I find this a rather odd development http://www.egyptindependent.com/egyp...-worth-le7-bn/

Perhaps they will begin to start more of the all inclusive market. I've begun to see third party resellers being doing this for the FS' in Bali and other SEA destinations.
Thanks m0hamed, this is indeed a surprising development.

Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh will be the world’s largest Four Seasons resort, with 1400 rooms total. The project is expected to positively affect tourism flow to the city.
Now, that's a large Four Seasons. Incredible key count, it's rare for a company such as FS to manage such a large resort.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by uggboy

Now, that's a large Four Seasons. Incredible key count, it's rare for a company such as FS to manage such a large resort.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
1200 keys... have they lost their mind?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:32 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by scented
1200 keys... have they lost their mind?
Difficult to say, this depends, I guess. Only time will tell, but FS is capable IMHO, but the key count seems indeed incredibly high.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:13 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Wow. In no uncertain terms, there is no way that 1400 rooms can be called luxury. FS is whoring itself out. Says a lot...and none of it good for the brand.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uggboy

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
What a monstrosity...

Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

article is counting residential bedrooms

hualalai has 300 residences, selling 200 more

breakdown >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post28654213
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:02 pm

FS SSH socials keep referring to the ‘newly extended resort.’

There appear to be a number of new suites, villas and chalets that are new builds and look stunning.

The older rooms were getting tired and orienting the living room toward the TV rather than the view was a mistake. This has been rectified and the rooms look much brighter.

scented likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 4:17 am

Thought so, too, m0hamed. Looks stunning. Just worried about their size now...

Has anyone stayed recently? Are additional pools online already? Think they just opened another restaurant. Spa revamp also in progress..
Old Feb 27, 2022, 4:54 am

Found this review on TA where the reviewer got a tour of the new areas with sone room photos https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowU...and_Sinai.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.