Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Preferred Partner

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Four Seasons Preferred Partner

Should I be seeking out a TA who is a FSPP to book the FS Hualalai for me? They are no longer virtuoso and I am torqued that my travel agent cannot get me free breakfast. For our family, that runs about $1000 for the week.

Am I being ridiculous about this?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:12 pm

Definitely seek out an FSPP... I would recommend DavidO here on FT as I, and many other FTers, have used him!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

I am feeling like I would be a schmuck to pull the plug on my travel agent for this stay. Maybe I will chalk it up to a lesson learned and do it with a FSPP agent in the future.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by Mm2862
I am feeling like I would be a schmuck to pull the plug on my travel agent for this stay. Maybe I will chalk it up to a lesson learned and do it with a FSPP agent in the future.
I agree, if you have already booked it would be better to keep the booking as is.

I just have one idea- perhaps you could have your current agent book through Amex FHR to get complimentary breakfast and the other FHR benefits.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:35 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Even thought I am biased, if the agent made the decision to leave Virtuoso and not sign up with a similar group, they must have understood it would effect their business mix. Not your fault they made a bad business decision!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by ABG
Even thought I am biased, if the agent made the decision to leave Virtuoso and not sign up with a similar group, they must have understood it would effect their business mix. Not your fault they made a bad business decision!
I think that the OP was referring to the property. It seems that FS Hualalai is no longer affiliated with Virtuoso.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I think that the OP was referring to the property. It seems that FS Hualalai is no longer affiliated with Virtuoso.
Correct. The property is no longer Virtuoso.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:28 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Sorry... ur right Mike. 2 hours of sleep and a sick kid isn't the best for posting I guess!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:51 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
I don't think FS Hualalai has ever been part of Virtuoso - at least not over the past 6 years or so.

Correct. The property is no longer Virtuoso.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DavidO
I don't think FS Hualalai has ever been part of Virtuoso - at least not over the past 6 years or so.
We did receive the breakfast at our last stay in 2010, but maybe that was just negotiated by our agent. I assumed it was Virtuoso at that time.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:35 pm
ABG

We did receive the breakfast at our last stay in 2010, but maybe that was just negotiated by our agent. I assumed it was Virtuoso at that time.
Did that person change agency's or email addresses perhaps? Its also possible the agency was removed from the FSPP program, which does happen if you don't maintain your business levels.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:57 pm

Def. book through a FSPP. My wife and I were fortunate enough to stay at the FS Wailea at Maui 2 weeks ago and with booking via FSPP we saved a good chunk of money. Free breakfast ($85 value), $85 towards lunch, and $100 credit per day to use towards anything.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:25 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by DetailsIM
Def. book through a FSPP. My wife and I were fortunate enough to stay at the FS Wailea at Maui 2 weeks ago and with booking via FSPP we saved a good chunk of money. Free breakfast ($85 value), $85 towards lunch, and $100 credit per day to use towards anything.
So you could spend $270/day on food? Wow. That is a lot better than AMEX FHR. How do I get in touch with someone who is a FSPP? I am planning on staying at the Four Seasons in Wailea for the Maui Film Festival this June.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
So you could spend $270/day on food? Wow. That is a lot better than AMEX FHR. How do I get in touch with someone who is a FSPP? I am planning on staying at the Four Seasons in Wailea for the Maui Film Festival this June.
+1! I used FHR last time there as was treated very well, but this sounds too good to be true!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
The free breakfast was your choice of buffet or room service. The buffet just happens to be $85 per cpl w/ tax and tip (this was per day). The $85 for lunch was just a one time only credit. But the $100 credit per day was applied to your bill at the end. So for our 3 night stay we got $640 in perks. I would post who I booked through but I am new and not sure of the rules yet.

Also, I can't guarantee the perks are still valid. I am not sure how frequently they change.

Last edited by luxury; Jan 31, 2012 at 11:03 am Reason: Removed e-mail address

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.