Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:24 am

St. Regis has a Bentley pickup, you should consider it
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:40 pm

I'll tag on to this thread instead of starting a new one….as I think it probably fits best here.

We're looking at 3 nights in Singapore using some Citi TY points. I realize this is not the best bang-for-my-point in TYP redemptions, but we're trying to stop the out of pocket bleeding from our Maldives resort (same trip). So points it must be.

I think I've pretty much decided on a property (RC), but thought I'd post the info to see if anyone had a compelling argument for any of the others. This is our first time to Singapore, and I think we'd like to be either in the Orchard or Marina areas. Breakfast included in the rate is almost mandatory, and in-room wifi a welcome bonus.

Here are some examples of what's available; room class, if it includes breakfast (B&B), shown in pts/night. I spot checked some cash pricing and inserted those, for reference to give some idea how good of a value (or not) that the redemption may be at that property. Listed roughly from least to most "expensive."

Orchard Hotel: Deluxe B&B, 27,630 ///// Premier B&B, 36,984 ($243)
Ritz-Carlton: Deluxe Kallang view, B&B, 30,334 ($336) ///// 37,074 for marina view ($480)
GrandHyatt: Grand, B&B, 31,031 ($305) ///// Grand deluxe B&B, 42,393
Regent: Superior, B&B, 33,309 ($336) ///// Deluxe, B&B, 36,033
Fullerton: Quay, B&B, 48,000
Ascott Raffles: studio premier, B&B, 36,000
Fairmont: Fairmont room, B&B, 43,716 ($245 noB&B); Delux room, B&B, 47,124
Conrad: King Business, B&B 43,981 ($319) ///// King Exec B&B (Butler, bar and lounge access) 46,697
St. Regis: Dbl executive deluxe, B&B, 45,041 ($366) ///// Grand deluxe, B&B, 48,449
Mandarin: Deluxe, 50,835 ($304)

Anything that stands out? Comments on the RC being one of the better redemption values? It does include a buffet breakfast at Greenhouse which apparently is 56SGD/pp. Is the Marina view worth 7K more points/night?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:32 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
RC 's a good choice.
I'd use the 7K pts especially if you have lots & first time to S'pore
Old Mar 24, 2013, 8:08 pm

Programs: continental one pass, delta skymiles, platinum american express
Without a doubt (IMHO), the most luxurious hotel in Singapore is the Valley Wing (hotel within a hotel) of the Singapore Shangri-La. I stayed there in May 2012. The rooms and bed are very comfortable, the lounge food and drink offerings are great, the pool area is fabulous and the location is very convenient, BUT what makes this better than all of the other luxury hotels is that they will wash and press all of your clothes free of charge (something I have never encountered in any luxury hotel (and I have stayed in many) anywhere in the world.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:00 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Four Seasons Singapore, while not a great FS, is connected to Orchard Street by a relatively short passageway through another hotel (a Hilton, I believe). So if it's a bargain rate-wise it would meet your location requirement.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by rtlaw
BUT what makes this better than all of the other luxury hotels is that they will wash and press all of your clothes free of charge (something I have never encountered in any luxury hotel (and I have stayed in many) anywhere in the world.
The funny thing is that this is EXACTLY the service you expect and hope for from a luxery property but sadly it's all too often that you're nickel & dimed.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:38 am

Thanks for the update, rtlaw! We'll be there in early May after a week in Bali so the laundry perk will be most welcomed!
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: Amex Plat, FHR, SPG
Originally Posted by SocialAdept
The funny thing is that this is EXACTLY the service you expect and hope for from a luxery property but sadly it's all too often that you're nickel & dimed.
RC Singapore Club Level will Press 5 Garments for free as well. I've seen this at a couple of 5 stars (certainly Safari lodges and Tents, and at Aman-i-Khas + Amanwana) But I agree it should be standard.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Most of them don't give you free wifi so you expect them to wash and press your clothes?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wripro
Most of them don't give you free wifi so you expect them to wash and press your clothes?
Shangri-La has free internet as a company standard
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:46 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Shangri-La has free internet as a company standard
Originally Posted by rtlaw
Without a doubt (IMHO), the most luxurious hotel in Singapore is the Valley Wing (hotel within a hotel) of the Singapore Shangri-La. I stayed there in May 2012. The rooms and bed are very comfortable, the lounge food and drink offerings are great, the pool area is fabulous and the location is very convenient, BUT what makes this better than all of the other luxury hotels is that they will wash and press all of your clothes free of charge (something I have never encountered in any luxury hotel (and I have stayed in many) anywhere in the world.
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Four Seasons Singapore, while not a great FS, is connected to Orchard Street by a relatively short passageway through another hotel (a Hilton, I believe). So if it's a bargain rate-wise it would meet your location requirement.
Yes, the ( air conditioned ) link from FS via Hilton to Orchard Road is handy especially in the heat & humidity.

Valley Wing is where dignitaries usually stay so security will be tight at times but it is private , etc & convenient to Orchard Road too.
These days it really helps with fast & free wifi.
Not having to request for it to be complimentary & having to be extremely grateful when it is granted
Yes, the pet peeves poll
Old Apr 5, 2013, 10:09 pm

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
In the past 12 months I've stayed at -

Four Seasons - Exec Suite
Mandarin Oriental - Club Harbour Room
Naumi - Now closed for total refurbishment...opening May 2013
Fullerton Bay Hotel - Premier Room

IMO the best is FBH.

Best room, pool, view, service, roof top bar.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: AY Gold, Shangri La Golden circle
I've stayed during the last couple of years: Shangri La Valley wing (several times), the Raffles, the Fullerton bay, the Mandarin oriental ( several times on the club level), the Ritz carlton twice, the Conrad club level once, The IC club level one night... My vote goes without any doubt to the Shangri Valley wing.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by Retale_88
I'll tag on to this thread instead of starting a new one….as I think it probably fits best here.

We're looking at 3 nights in Singapore using some Citi TY points. I realize this is not the best bang-for-my-point in TYP redemptions, but we're trying to stop the out of pocket bleeding from our Maldives resort (same trip). So points it must be.

I think I've pretty much decided on a property (RC), but thought I'd post the info to see if anyone had a compelling argument for any of the others. This is our first time to Singapore, and I think we'd like to be either in the Orchard or Marina areas. Breakfast included in the rate is almost mandatory, and in-room wifi a welcome bonus.

Here are some examples of what's available; room class, if it includes breakfast (B&B), shown in pts/night. I spot checked some cash pricing and inserted those, for reference to give some idea how good of a value (or not) that the redemption may be at that property. Listed roughly from least to most "expensive."

Orchard Hotel: Deluxe B&B, 27,630 ///// Premier B&B, 36,984 ($243)
Ritz-Carlton: Deluxe Kallang view, B&B, 30,334 ($336) ///// 37,074 for marina view ($480)
GrandHyatt: Grand, B&B, 31,031 ($305) ///// Grand deluxe B&B, 42,393
Regent: Superior, B&B, 33,309 ($336) ///// Deluxe, B&B, 36,033
Fullerton: Quay, B&B, 48,000
Ascott Raffles: studio premier, B&B, 36,000
Fairmont: Fairmont room, B&B, 43,716 ($245 noB&B); Delux room, B&B, 47,124
Conrad: King Business, B&B 43,981 ($319) ///// King Exec B&B (Butler, bar and lounge access) 46,697
St. Regis: Dbl executive deluxe, B&B, 45,041 ($366) ///// Grand deluxe, B&B, 48,449
Mandarin: Deluxe, 50,835 ($304)

Anything that stands out? Comments on the RC being one of the better redemption values? It does include a buffet breakfast at Greenhouse which apparently is 56SGD/pp. Is the Marina view worth 7K more points/night?

Thanks in advance.
I agree with the SC! Stayed there in 1998, shortly after it opened I believe.
Wonderful! I think we had a Kallang view room. Also did the "touristy" thing and had a Singapore Sling, or two, at the Raffles Hotel.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by amaroo
In the past 12 months I've stayed at -

Four Seasons - Exec Suite
Mandarin Oriental - Club Harbour Room
Naumi - Now closed for total refurbishment...opening May 2013
Fullerton Bay Hotel - Premier Room

IMO the best is FBH.

Best room, pool, view, service, roof top bar.
amaroo- Going with my brother to Singapore late in the year and it looks like we will be staying at the FBH. I wanted to stay at the Ritz since it gets great reviews here, but he likes the look of the rooms at FBH.

Any tips on what rooms, views etc there? Also the reports of construction noise there is disconcerting. Any problems you encountered?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.