Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

LH North America: Official Upsell Programm [paid upgrades at US station] [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH North America: Official Upsell Programm [paid upgrades at US station] [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2008, 1:21 am

Question Upgrades from LAX

Hey everyone:

I'm flying LH453 on August 16th (LAX-MUNICH).

I'm booked in Business (through M&M Senator) and booked in First on the return back via Zurich on SWISS.

Any advice for upgrading to F from the counter at LAX? Maybe book coach and upgrade to Business (Y?) to save miles...?

Thanks for the help.

-Krisht
Old Aug 4, 2008, 1:26 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by DaKrisht
Hey everyone:

I'm flying LH453 on August 16th (LAX-MUNICH).

I'm booked in Business (through M&M Senator) and booked in First on the return back via Zurich on SWISS.

Any advice for upgrading to F from the counter at LAX? Maybe book coach and upgrade to Business (Y?) to save miles...?

Thanks for the help.

-Krisht
Hi DaKrisht!

Why would you book Y when you are in C anyway and why would that raise your chances for an upgrade to F? The best way to upgrade from C to F is using 2 evouchers or 50k miles. Upgrades (using miles) can be requested at the counter as well.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP (One World Emerald), Hilton Gld, Marriot Slvr
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
Was that on LH metal or US metal? The US Airways 'Go Envoy' Y->C upgrade out of PHL to Europe is $500.

If it was US then the 'Go Envoy' upgrades are now available Europe->US for 500 Euro instead of $US.
LH metal
Old Aug 4, 2008, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by totti
Hi DaKrisht!

Why would you book Y when you are in C anyway and why would that raise your chances for an upgrade to F? The best way to upgrade from C to F is using 2 evouchers or 50k miles. Upgrades (using miles) can be requested at the counter as well.
Hey Totti,

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure about the abbreviations of class here.

I am booked in BUSINESS (I) (through M&M Senator) so I guess the class code is "I".

I asked for an upgrade and Senator told me that it would be 2 eVouchers for each way (not roundtrip, since it is transatlantic).

Should I just stick with my current ticket as-is and ask for a First upgrade at LAX counter? Offer cash, eVouchers? (I don't want to give up anymore miles)

Thanks,

-Krisht
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:58 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by DaKrisht
Hey Totti,

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure about the abbreviations of class here.

I am booked in BUSINESS (I) (through M&M Senator) so I guess the class code is "I".

I asked for an upgrade and Senator told me that it would be 2 eVouchers for each way (not roundtrip, since it is transatlantic).

Should I just stick with my current ticket as-is and ask for a First upgrade at LAX counter? Offer cash, eVouchers? (I don't want to give up anymore miles)

Thanks,

-Krisht
If your booking class is really "I", you can't upgrade your ticket against 2 eVouchers or miles, because it is an award ticket, which is not upgradeable.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:17 am

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
So? Is the program still definately in place? What fare classes can u do this from?

Thanks..

BIMMERKID2

Originally Posted by szg
If your booking class is really "I", you can't upgrade your ticket against 2 eVouchers or miles, because it is an award ticket, which is not upgradeable.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:35 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by BIMMERKID2
So? Is the program still definately in place? What fare classes can u do this from?

Thanks..

BIMMERKID2
Booking classes:
Y - 100$
B/M - 500$
Q/H - 700$
Old Aug 7, 2008, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Fly2LAX

The signature below said NYC EA, East Meadow (whereever that is) so it looks like an official LH document.
East Meadow is on Long Island in New York and where LH USA headquarter is located so your memo would seem to be legit.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:00 pm

Programs: LH , DL
Any recent experiences regarding the upsell program?
Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by W.R.S.
Any recent experiences regarding the upsell program?
I asked at ORD on Thursday but they didnt know anything. I was just able to ask at the gate though as I had an incoming flight and didnt feel like going through security again just for this question. Wouldnt matter anyways as the flight was oversold in C and they downgraded people.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:23 pm

Thank you, SkywalkerLAX! My dilemma is that I am booked on SEA-FRA this December and since a familiy member pays for the flight I had to accept Q (coach). Now as I read this I got all excited about that program but also somehow concerned that my flight might not be overbooked in the first place. Well, I just gotta see.

P.S: I called both the SEA and NY office of LH and both did say that there was no such thing as an Upsell Program, but my guess is that they just want me to book Full Fare C anyways.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by W.R.S.
Thank you, SkywalkerLAX! My dilemma is that I am booked on SEA-FRA this December and since a familiy member pays for the flight I had to accept Q (coach). Now as I read this I got all excited about that program but also somehow concerned that my flight might not be overbooked in the first place. Well, I just gotta see.

P.S: I called both the SEA and NY office of LH and both did say that there was no such thing as an Upsell Program, but my guess is that they just want me to book Full Fare C anyways.
Well please consider that this thread is about 1 year old and was only internal information anyways.

So even if this "programm" would still exist they would not tell you about it's existence. The SEA office is new anyways and it depends where they got the people who work there, maybe they didnt even know about it while it was still active.

Plus for your situation its winter time around the holidays... I doubt they would have it in effect by then.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Well please consider that this thread is about 1 year old and was only internal information anyways.

So even if this "programm" would still exist they would not tell you about it's existence. The SEA office is new anyways and it depends where they got the people who work there, maybe they didnt even know about it while it was still active.

Plus for your situation its winter time around the holidays... I doubt they would have it in effect by then.
Well it's on the 27th of December. I don't know about booking statistics arround Xmas, but I hope many people are flying home at that time just like I do.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 5:25 am

Programs: NZ*E,SQ ,QF IC AMB Plat, hltn gold
upgrades from sfo

so following the thread how should i go about a upgrade , i am paid c sfo-fra and those who know will be able to tell me my chances i guess (nov 3rd). do they -op up *G ( elite) from NZ or only LH? and if i could, would they steal my wallet for paid upgrade?

Chers for the response in advance
Old Sep 21, 2008, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rich5011
so following the thread how should i go about a upgrade , i am paid c sfo-fra and those who know will be able to tell me my chances i guess (nov 3rd). do they -op up *G ( elite) from NZ or only LH? and if i could, would they steal my wallet for paid upgrade?

Chers for the response in advance
Dont hold your breath for an op-up !

To pay an extra 3000$ per way shouldnt be worth it either.

Try to find a LH Upgrade Certificate from a UA 1K member for 200$ or so and try your luck.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.