Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

LH North America: Official Upsell Programm [paid upgrades at US station] [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH North America: Official Upsell Programm [paid upgrades at US station] [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2007, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Y in general for Eco-Class on regular 100% earning basis LAX-FRA... dont start to count the beans here
Because the upsell for "Y in general" is $500-700, not $100?
If that difference in beans doesn't matter to you, please hand them over to me. I'll happily PM you my bank account number.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 1:56 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Of course with an Y fare the situation changes... 100$ for 5600 status miles out of LAX ^
Y in general for Eco-Class on regular 100% earning basis LAX-FRA... dont start to count the beans here
Before accusing somebody of bean counting, maybe you should get the facts straight........

Cheers, S
Old Jul 8, 2007, 3:01 am

Sure if you are self employed you pay out of your own pocket but after all its company travel expenses

Any other concerns ?
Yup - I do not know what differentiation it is in terms of who pays for the ticket - there are some members on this board who obviously feel that only if the cost of travel goes directly out of their own bank account - then these are the TRUE (frequent) flyers - those on company dime are no real flyers or similar.

What you do seem to understand is that it is sometimes a neccesity to perform the job one has - and not a PERK. I would rather spend each night at home - but have made the descision to have the job that I have had and hence I have to accept that I can not have it both ways.

But the statement relating to company expense is absolut BS ! So what it is a company expense - I own the company - and hence it goes out of my own pocket - either directly or indirectly.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Jul 8, 2007, 5:05 am

Programs: *Gold, Amex Plat
So are any other details of this offer available?

I have two return flights scheduled in the fall from STR to BOS and was wondering where/how I could make use of this program? Only right at the counter when checking in?

Please excuse my ignorant questions, but I am new to this forum and frequent-flying in general

Thanks,

Matt
Old Jul 8, 2007, 5:08 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Sure if you are self employed you pay out of your own pocket but after all its company travel expenses
Yeah, I got the message that company money is not real money. I just wonder how you'd know that most frequent traveler actually have an anonymous company which pays for their ventures.
100% or 175% is quite a difference man! And please don't start with that "it's Y as the general code for Economy" as the OP's post clearly differentiated between the fare base Y and the other coach classes, and you picked the theme up from the $100 for the Y fare base, not the "Y for coach".
If a near factor of 2 is peanuts for you, then I shall give in to your argument though but it will lower my trust in your numerics .
Any other concerns ?
Yes if you check in without the status, your seat blocking will be gone, you might be moved back to the butt of the bus etc. Not worth the risk IMO.
Originally Posted by tcswede
..there are some members on this board who obviously feel that only if the cost of travel goes directly out of their own bank account - then these are the TRUE (frequent) flyers - those on company dime are no real flyers or similar...
That definitely is the notion of most 1Ks on the UA forum. To each their own but ever so often - as you state - this distinction cannot be made.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 8:35 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
Originally Posted by Fly2LAX
I found a sheet of paper at a counter in the last days
Bad boy, I assume you also find flight manifests in the galley...

Originally Posted by Fly2LAX
[...]-Upgrades with miles vouchers from status customers have priority
[...]
While I am somewhat relieved to note that, what are miles vouchers ? In case of establishing OLCI it will be tougher to score u/gs with miles and vouchers at the departure day, but op-ups might be even harder to get.
What the doc did not say: Priority: miles/vouchers > $$$ > > > > > > > > > > > op-up
Old Jul 9, 2007, 5:06 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by fradoc
What the doc did not say: Priority: miles/vouchers > $$$ > > > > > > > > > > > op-up
Has this been ever different?
Old Jul 9, 2007, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Has this been ever different?
Yes.
See post #2.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 5:25 am

Programs: M&M SEN , Hilton Diamond, NH Platinum
Yep at least Y to C... There are days when it´s so full that everyone with an elite M&M # gets upgraded to C even before check-in.

At the gate it´s like christmas sometimes

Cant say about C to F, I heard from time to time yes. But they are good when it come that you want to use vouchers even on last minute (1h before departure) ^
You must be kidding. I fly DTW-FRA regularly and also in Eco. Never happened to me. Well, might be that I do not normally have a Y ticket..., but I do always get my favored 24C seat!
Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:52 pm

Programs: More than I care to have, but never the ones I need.
I managed to get this deal ($100 for full-Y to full-C) on an LAX-MAA flight on the July 17th. It was not offered to me, and when I asked at check-in I was denied. I had my UA-1P card associated with the flight, so I did have "status". After sitting in the intl C lounge for a little while, I went back to the check-in counter (gate was still empty) and tried again... and was denied again... so, I went to the gate. About 20 minutes before boarding, I checked with the gate agent - and she sold it to me (after triple checking I was not military).

I checked my united account, and did actually receive double (5806 * 2) credit plus an "elite bonus" of about 1500 miles.

I am going to have to say this is quite possibly the best upgrade deal of all time.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 6:03 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
Originally Posted by shaunco
[...] I am going to have to say this is quite possibly the best upgrade deal of all time.
Hmm... I could offer €100 from H/cl for a TATL return on UA. However, a mix of lucky coincidences and details that should not be published .
Old Jan 10, 2008, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Does LH ever offer paid at gate UGs

I'm departing next week on an RTW fare with TG/LH/UA in C - it's essentially an LH fare. I would like to UG from C to F using UA miles but it seems LH (or is it UA) does not allow points upgrades on RTW fares.

Does LH ever offer paid UGs at gate (or check-in) - like UA does at times.

Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 7:51 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
No, never. It has been discussed here many times before.

However, they do offer paid downgrades from C toY occasionally
Old Jan 10, 2008, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Thumbs up

Thanks berlinflyer, I'm sure the issue has been discussed before but I could not find anything on the subject through various searches. Perhaps a sticky somewhere on "how to use search" would be helpful.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Not actively, however there is the upsell programm in certain parts of the year from North American stations !

That programm is official by LH (I "found"an internal letter at the counter in OCT) and says that several amounts are to pay by the customer if he wishes to upgrade.

The conditions were:
Flight is overbooked
Pax "should"not be a status customer

The upsell price ranged from 100$ in Y up to 500$ in H.

As I said it looked like the letter came from the US division and not FRA !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.