Search

Senator on Maxicana

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2008, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Senator on Maxicana

Hi

Flying normal Economy on LAX - CUN via MEX in October.

Apparently we get M&M for that leg. Not bad for a super cheap ticket.

However do a Senator have any privileges on Mexicana, like business class check-in and lounge access?
Or is the LH lounge in a reasonable distance to the MX gates in LAX and/or MEX?

THX
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:42 am

no star alliance any more - no benefits any more...
Old Sep 26, 2008, 1:38 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by CubaLibre
no star alliance any more - no benefits any more...
Wrong (was amazed myself...)

At MEX you have access to the Mexicana-Lounges, both domestic and international. Both lounges do of course not have *-Alliance-signs anymore, but the Lufthansa-logo.I could enter both lounges on both terminals during my 10 hours-transit at MEX. As LH SEN we have the same rights as a MX-Gold-passenger.

-> This was the situation in March 2008.

On my way back with LH I even could compare the difference between a lounge (MX) and an RCC
The international MX-lounge is one of the best I have seen so far: There are quiet areas, nice snacks, and even a large fitness room!
Old Sep 26, 2008, 1:46 pm

thats great news. but does it only work out for the international lounge or also for the domestic one?
last year I was not able to use the domestic lounge...
Old Sep 26, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by CubaLibre
thats great news. but does it only work out for the international lounge or also for the domestic one?
last year I was not able to use the domestic lounge...
I was in both. When I saw the LH-sign on the door of the domestic lounge, I entered and asked shyly if I have access. The answer was: LH SEN, yes, that's OK.

I can't say more than this. MX-passengers also have access to "All Lufhtansa Lounges" according to the MX-website - but only on "Lufhtansa"-codeshares:

http://www.mexicana.com/cs/Satellite...=1143494208213
Old Sep 26, 2008, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by rorschi
On my way back with LH I even could compare the difference between a lounge (MX) and an RCC
The international MX-lounge is one of the best I have seen so far: There are quiet areas, nice snacks, and even a large fitness room!
Shhhh! Don't tell the Yanquis!

If they know about better lounges outside of the RCC, they're going to want to invade something.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 3:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The really nice part is that MX sells paid upgrades to C for 75$ ^
Old Sep 29, 2008, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all info.

In LAX international which lounge is preferred, MX or LH one?
Old Nov 17, 2008, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Just reporting back that Mexicana was allowing us to use the business class check-in booth in LAX and in CUN.
This was great because the check-in procedures were very slow and the economy check-in queues were long.
There was no Lufthansa icon at the check-in counter, so I am not sure if they were just kind or if is a policy.

Didn't have time enough to go to the lounges.

On a side note: Mexicana's service was good and the M&M points were posted super fast. Will fly them again.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 3:47 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by s5804
Just reporting back that Mexicana was allowing us to use the business class check-in booth in LAX and in CUN.
This was great because the check-in procedures were very slow and the economy check-in queues were long.
There was no Lufthansa icon at the check-in counter, so I am not sure if they were just kind or if is a policy.

Didn't have time enough to go to the lounges.

On a side note: Mexicana's service was good and the M&M points were posted super fast. Will fly them again.
The last time I could use the business class check in, but it was pre friendlyness and no offical perk. I just asked politely.
Hopefully my QF-Gold (soon QF-Plat) will do the trick in the future!
Old Nov 17, 2008, 4:57 am

Programs: LH/BA/DL
Different but related question:

We will be flying MX on a domestic flight to MEX (actually the flight will be operated by Click Mexicana, but we will be on a MX ticket). In MEX we are continuing on LH to FRA on a separate ticket and separate booking.

Will they check our bags thru to the LH flight? How much time should I leave for the connection? Any other advice?

Thanks for your answers.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 12:35 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Greg45
Different but related question:

We will be flying MX on a domestic flight to MEX (actually the flight will be operated by Click Mexicana, but we will be on a MX ticket). In MEX we are continuing on LH to FRA on a separate ticket and separate booking.

Will they check our bags thru to the LH flight? How much time should I leave for the connection? Any other advice?

Thanks for your answers.
I did the same some weeks ago (CUN-MEX-FRA-DUS). In CUN they both gave me the three boarding passes and check the luggage (successfully) through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.