Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Second Lounge Guest

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2006, 6:35 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by LH_Fan
Lounge access rules on the LH website do not specifically cover LH contract lounges, so here's my question: I'll be flying to Rome in Y with Mrs LH_Fan (same ticket). On our way back, will we both have access to the LH contract lounge? A response in an earlier thread (albeit a slightly dated one which only covered one specific contract lounge) seems to indicate that that's the case. Are there generic rules?
for contract lounges you will need a lounge-voucher per person that you will receive at checkin. without these vouchers you are not allowed to enter no matter which status level you carry.

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Sep 10, 2006 at 6:45 am
Old Sep 10, 2006, 7:34 am

Programs: LH, BA, DL
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
for contract lounges you will need a lounge-voucher per person that you will receive at checkin. without these vouchers you are not allowed to enter no matter which status level you carry.
Yes - but will LH check-in give me two vouchers if I'm travelling with my wife in Y?
Old Sep 10, 2006, 7:54 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by LH_Fan
Yes - but will LH check-in give me two vouchers if I'm travelling with my wife in Y?
yes, if you are a *G which you are as LH SEN.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 8:28 am

Programs: LH, BA, DL
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
yes, if you are a *G which you are as LH SEN.
Thanks - appreciate your help! ^ ^
Old Sep 11, 2006, 3:56 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by daumueller
the rules says 1 guest, no matter if family members or not. that said, there are lot's of "wardens" who don't stick to the rules and allow 2 or 3 guests if it's not too crowded.
ben
LH published a while ago, that they accept either one guest or the immediate family members, defined as partner and children under 18.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 1:33 am

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
and I have another question: I'm holding two *Alliance Gold cards. Can I use both cards to invite two guests into the lounge? Can I also bring in additionally my 2 years old son?
Old Sep 12, 2006, 1:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by bchl
and I have another question: I'm holding two *Alliance Gold cards. Can I use both cards to invite two guests into the lounge? Can I also bring in additionally my 2 years old son?
No you can't use multiple *G cards to get more guests into the lounge. Consider this is similar to a *G pax flying in F. F pax can bring in a guest. So can *G. But *G pax flying F cannot bring in 2 guests.

However unless you are getting someone really bad, you will be allowed to guest both your partner and infant son.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 4:52 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
God bless the good old Swiss(-air) Travelclub days where I was able (~6 years ago, and I did't have status at that time!!) to bring 2 guests into the lounge in BCN using my father's frequentflyer card...!!! ^

Last edited by f4freeJunior; Sep 12, 2006 at 5:08 pm
Old Sep 13, 2006, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
God bless the good old Swiss(-air) Travelclub days where I was able (~6 years ago, and I did't have status at that time!!) to bring 2 guests into the lounge in BCN using my father's frequentflyer card...!!! ^
There is nothing to bless - this was never according to the rules of STC and nothing but an attempt of fraud (By the way: Still no problem today but I would never ever give that advise).
Old Sep 13, 2006, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
However unless you are getting someone really bad, you will be allowed to guest both your partner and infant son.
@Kiwi: To my humble recollection a Senator is entitled to bring one guest and his entire family. If my recollection is right (at least it is testest in real live) partner plus sun should not be any problem. And it even worked with my elderly parents (admitted: with three words of explanation).
Old Sep 13, 2006, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
There is nothing to bless - this was never according to the rules of STC and nothing but an attempt of fraud (By the way: Still no problem today but I would never ever give that advise).
I know a young guy who attempted to enter the lounge with his dad's FTL card. The lounge warden found out about it, confiscated the card and threw him out. Even 2-3 years later, his friends still laugh at him because of his stupidity.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 1:22 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Of course you're right FlyingLawyer I know, and this was not according to the rules of STC- but com'on... I seriously did it only once!

My post wasn't supposed to be taken for an advise. I'm sorry if people got me wrong here.
Actually Swiss(-air) didn't lose (that much) money with this unique lounge visit since I fly them quit often. And my loyalty to LX is very high. The lounge visit in BCN - among other things - made me hungry --> in the meantime I made FTL (on LX metal only!) and am now able to use the lounges according to the M&M rules. But again, I can understand your point here of course, and you're right.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 8:48 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
@Kiwi: To my humble recollection a Senator is entitled to bring one guest and his entire family. If my recollection is right (at least it is testest in real live) partner plus sun should not be any problem. And it even worked with my elderly parents (admitted: with three words of explanation).

My GF was denied to bring her sister and parents into the SEN lounge at FRA.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 6:07 am

Programs: LH SEN
Do Infant count as guest?

Originally Posted by peter42
LH published a while ago, that they accept either one guest or the immediate family members, defined as partner and children under 18.
Old post but addresses my question; what about infant and 3 year old kid?
Is there a rule or just up to the warden?

My passed experiences:
- NRT the ANA check in agent gave SEN + 1 guest + Infant + 3 old kind lounge passes
- ARN the SAS lounge warden let us in, no problem.
- FRA the SEN lounge warden let us in no problem.

It is my feeling that the Infant do not count at all and that the 3 year old kid, kind of go as infant as well.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 6:48 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by s5804
Old post but addresses my question; what about infant and 3 year old kid?
Is there a rule or just up to the warden?

My passed experiences:
- NRT the ANA check in agent gave SEN + 1 guest + Infant + 3 old kind lounge passes
- ARN the SAS lounge warden let us in, no problem.
- FRA the SEN lounge warden let us in no problem.

It is my feeling that the Infant do not count at all and that the 3 year old kid, kind of go as infant as well.
Rather than resurrecting an old discussion there are more recent threads on this including this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.