Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2005, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by hfly
Sorry, this thred is titled what?? "Celebrities or semi-celebrities"?? The thread on BA was titled what?? Something similar?? I didn't say that anyone famous only flies Ba, I specifically said in a thread on the same topic on another airline that the level of "famousness" is better over there. If you had any idea of what you were talking about you would know that I am one of the most critical BA posters and therefore what you write is utterly nonsensical.
hfly,
You are absolutely right – I am utterly clueless.

Care to enlighten me, what you have tried to highlight with the following posts?

“Notice how the celebs on the BA board are just a little more current/international/famous than thoe posted over on the LH thread?”

“I guess that LH does NOT get many big time international (non- German speaking world) celebrities on its flights, compare to equivalent threads on other airlines and there sure is a difference”

“I'm waiting for someone to say they sat next to "Right said Fred" a group that I understand is still popular in Germany.”

“Wow, those who don't fly LH that much are really missing the opportunity to fly with the rich and famous!!”
So what if the famousness is better on BA or any other airline? How does that change my flight experience ? At most it reduces it, because some high maintenance “celebrity” (or not) wil be demanding so much that the crew has little time to take care of us other “normal” PAX.

Or are you trying that not only I am clueless, but also the other posters on the LH board contributing to this thread are dimwits, because what the people they list here are not famous enough for the measuring stick that you set ?

Just help me out here – as you pointed out – I am clueless of your motives with above posts.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:54 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Hmmm, he's got a point...
Old Sep 13, 2005, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by tcswede
Frankly - I could not care less who else uses the same plane as I do - whether this person is famous or not
PUZZLED: so why you wasting your time reading and contributing to this thread ?
Old Sep 13, 2005, 1:37 am
Suspended

Programs: FB, UA, TG, SU
Ah, that Nobert Walter guy, who has always been wrong with his prediction about currency fluctuations, and who once said the Euro will overtake the US Dollar as a world currency. In his dream, I presume.

Originally Posted by GlobalExpress
Not a real celebrity but all the time in the media: Prof. Norbert Walter, Chief Economist of Deutsche Bank. On a LH FRA-MUC evening flight in C-class.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Take it up with the OP then, I have not started any of the celeb threads on any airline, now go trundle about and find a thread to post on that fits the chip on your shoulder.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
PUZZLED: so why you wasting your time reading and contributing to this thread ?
Did not realize why I am accountable to others on the board as to what i choose to do with my time ?

Cheers

Thomas
Old Sep 13, 2005, 8:25 am

Take it up with the OP then, I have not started any of the celeb threads on any airline, now go trundle about and find a thread to post on that fits the chip on your shoulder.
Why should I take it up with the OP. It is you who told me that I am clueless.

I have simply found your tone in the post you made on the topic condescending to the others who posted on this thread on the LH board.

And I can not say your tone changed much as per your above post. But this is getting OT - so I will trndle about as per your suggestion. Thanks.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Sep 13, 2005, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
This thread was intended to be kind of an innocent, "community-building" thing to just chat about, not to be a pissing match. Let's go to ORP or TalkBoard topics forum for that kind of stuff .

Peace.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 6:16 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by attorney28
This thread was intended to be kind of an innocent, "community-building" thing to just chat about, not to be a pissing match. Let's go to ORP or TalkBoard topics forum for that kind of stuff .

Peace.
Agreed. Please keep it fun and on-topic.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is exactly what I had been doing until this happened!
Old Sep 14, 2005, 11:02 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Originally Posted by tcswede
hfly,
You are absolutely right – I am utterly clueless.

Care to enlighten me, what you have tried to highlight with the following posts?

So what if the famousness is better on BA or any other airline? How does that change my flight experience ? At most it reduces it, because some high maintenance “celebrity” (or not) wil be demanding so much that the crew has little time to take care of us other “normal” PAX.

Or are you trying that not only I am clueless, but also the other posters on the LH board contributing to this thread are dimwits, because what the people they list here are not famous enough for the measuring stick that you set ?

Just help me out here – as you pointed out – I am clueless of your motives with above posts.

Cheers

Thomas

I agree fully with you, ThomaslyI've been sitting in the first row next to this glittery Nina Ruge and the FAs were really grazy: Mrs. Ruge here and Mrs. Ruge there. Almost no eyes for other passsengers. Mrs. what could we serve to drink? Something else? Oh how nice ........ And you, what do you want?
Cheers Luigi
Old Sep 15, 2005, 1:05 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by SenAOI
...Mrs. Ruge here and Mrs. Ruge there. Almost no eyes for other passsengers. Mrs. what could we serve to drink? Something else? Oh how nice ........ And you, what do you want?
Hey Luigi,
Why didn't you just say you were her ...boyfriend? You would certainly enjoy the attention of the tabloids for the weeks to come
Old Sep 15, 2005, 1:54 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Luigi doesn't need this kind of tabloid attention. But he for sure deserves LH's best service.

Mrs. Ruge LH cares about, but not my miles ...still many miles missing after fax, snail mail letter, phone complaint, nothing for three F longhauls...
Old Sep 15, 2005, 3:11 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Originally Posted by andre1970
Hey Luigi,
Why didn't you just say you were her ...boyfriend? You would certainly enjoy the attention of the tabloids for the weeks to come
Here I could say something bad. But as a gentleman I shut up.
Cheers Luigi
Old Sep 15, 2005, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Talking Joschka Fischer

Back to the topic:

I "enjoyed" to fly with the (still) German foreign minister Joschka Fischer (without any body guards) on LH 967 from MUC to FRA on September 14. Since that guy looked so tired after a long election campain I could not resist to wish him a quite life after Sunday this week (= general elections).

At least he has preserved his sense of humour: Allthough he has hardly any chance to keep his job he replied that a "German foreign minister is always busy...." ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.