Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2007, 11:36 am

Programs: LH HON, BMI gold
On LX1018 (13/01) and LX1017 (14/01) D! (Detlef D! Soost), one of the german "Popstars" jury members.
And in addition I had the pleasure to be at TXLs (new) SEN Lounge with Hugo Egon Balder, famous german TV star, at a stopover on 14/01.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 3:48 pm

Programs: M&M
Kool and the Gang

Saw the whole Kool and the Gang ("Ladies Night", "Fresh", "Celebration") at the end of October, Zürich - Hannover on Swiss.

At the gate I was wondering who this group of pretty old guys was, nearly up to 12 people all in black clothes with Prada sunglasses and their guitars. One guy was playing happy birthday to a small boy at the gate on his trumpet which was pretty cool.

Later I sat next to one of them who was pretty nice and un-snobby (I had the seat in Y next to the curtains, the whole of them didn´t fit in C so that two of them were sitting in Y) and he was telling me that they were coming from the US and had to play in Wolfsburg. Eropeans biggest car producer had booked them : )

Saw them later as thew were picked up buy some Ritz Carlton Wolfsburg Guy.

Nice and really cool Gang!
Old Jan 17, 2007, 3:39 am

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by GerGuy
Saw the whole Kool and the Gang ("Ladies Night", "Fresh", "Celebration") at the end of October, FRA - HAN on LH.

At the gate I was wondering who this group of pretty old guys was, nearly up to 12 people all in black clothes with Prada sunglasses and their guitars. One guy was playing happy birthday to a small boy at the gate on his trumpet which was pretty cool.

Later I sat next to one of them who was pretty nice and un-snobby (I had the seat in Y next to the curtains, the whole of them didn´t fit in C so that two of them were sitting in Y) and he was telling me that they were coming from the US and had to play in Wolfsburg. Eropeans biggest car producer had booked them : )

Saw them later as thew were picked up buy some Ritz Carlton Wolfsburg Guy.

Nice and really cool Gang!
Old Jan 17, 2007, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by Uli
Dec 22 Joschka Fischer in the FCT
He was also in the FCT on the afternoon of Dec 15. I had assumed that he was arriving in Germany for the holidays.......but it sounds like he was there only a week before flying back to Princeton on 12/22?
Old Jan 17, 2007, 4:59 pm

Programs: LH MM
Originally Posted by kevinsac
He was also in the FCT on the afternoon of Dec 15. I had assumed that he was arriving in Germany for the holidays.......but it sounds like he was there only a week before flying back to Princeton on 12/22?
Funny thing that he should fly F but then chats up female students in the local trains to NY. And boy does NJ Transit suck...
Old Jan 17, 2007, 5:55 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by EWR_GER
Funny thing that he should fly F but then chats up female students in the local trains to NY. And boy does NJ Transit suck...
Oh yes... Never saw him in Princeton yet, on the other hand I am not really keen on seeing him..
Old Jan 17, 2007, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Oh yes... Never saw him in Princeton yet, on the other hand I am not really keen on seeing him..
since when are you in "prison", as we used to call it?
Old Jan 17, 2007, 7:54 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by EWR_GER
since when are you in "prison", as we used to call it?
since august I am living about 20 minutes away from prison... It's not that I am going there all the time but I have been there a lot the last weeks...
I love that little center of the town and the whole university area...

Have you ever seen him there? Are his bodyguards around or is he "casual"?
Old Jan 18, 2007, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
since august I am living about 20 minutes away from prison... It's not that I am going there all the time but I have been there a lot the last weeks...
I love that little center of the town and the whole university area...

Have you ever seen him there? Are his bodyguards around or is he "casual"?
I never have but a friend of mine has - chatting up a student in the Dinky
I thinki he should be w/o bodyguards, why would he still have any, right?

It is quite pretty.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 4:25 pm

Programs: black is magic
Emilia Müller on TXL-NUE and she got the über-HON treatment. A limousine picked her up and her driver was waiting for the baggage handlers to unload her checked luggage and then they drove off directly to the street and home or wherever her next appointment was. Needless to say that the luggage took 35 minutes from leaving the aircraft till getting it off the belt for normal people.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Thomas_B
Emilia Müller on TXL-NUE and she got the über-HON treatment. A limousine picked her up and her driver was waiting for the baggage handlers to unload her checked luggage and then they drove off directly to the street and home or wherever her next appointment was. Needless to say that the luggage took 35 minutes from leaving the aircraft till getting it off the belt for normal people.
Well, I am not sure whether state government members actually get SEN but they are not HON for sure... Being a member of the state government does not seem to hurt though... :-)
Old Jun 26, 2007, 1:17 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Sepp Blatter was sitting just in front of me Yesterday on LX1073. He was not in the FCT, but he got personal limo service on a Phaeton in ZRH.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
Well, I am not sure whether state government members actually get SEN but they are not HON for sure... Being a member of the state government does not seem to hurt though... :-)
According to the passenger manifest she is SEN.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Thomas_B
According to the passenger manifest she is SEN.
I really love people peeking manifest
Old Jun 26, 2007, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by maclover
I really love people peeking manifest
Well, I asked for the SEN/SEN+ myth and the purserette showed me the manifest ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.