Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Double Long Haul In LH F (NYC-FRA-TYO)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Booking Double Long Haul In LH F (NYC-FRA-TYO)

Looking to splash out some Chase Ultimate Rewards by transferring to UA and then spending on an LH F for me and the girl.

But the thing is that seven hours in LH F seems almost a but too short. This got me thinking, what if we would simply do LH F all the way to TYO with a long juicy layover in FRA FCL (hope they have plenty of chilled Krug). Or do business for the first leg and F the longer second one. Problem is that this detour isn't something that Uniteds booking engine really wants to serve up but keeps giving me NH and UA flight options.

Anyone have any clues on how to patch this itinerary together without necessarily doing two separate award bookings?

Thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:41 am

This is probably a question that belong on a UA forum — but just a word of caution — you won't find Krug anywhere in FCL
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by klausa
This is probably a question that belong on a UA forum — but just a word of caution — you won't find Krug anywhere in FCL
WHAAAAT? No Krug!!! (just kidding)

I figured that since my points are actually with UR I could transfer them to another program like Krisflyer if they allow greater flexibility on routings hence making the question kind of UA agnostic.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:05 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
You're probably better off transferring to SQ Krisflyer. According to their partner award chart, NYC (North america) to TYO (North Asia 2) should be possible and would be 100K miles per person each way in F. The 200K shown on the chart is for roundtrip.

https://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/pps..._RoundTrip.pdf

Now your only issue will be finding 2 O class seats on the same flights, I might be wrong but Tokyo might be a hard market for partner F award availability,
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Long leg
WHAAAAT? No Krug!!!
They usually have about 5 different champagnes, but Krug isn't one of them. The pricier champagnes are often served on board and in the MUC FCL (among others Cuvee Louise, consistently for years...).
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by S.R
You're probably better off transferring to SQ Krisflyer. According to their partner award chart, NYC (North america) to TYO (North Asia 2) should be possible and would be 100K miles per person each way in F. The 200K shown on the chart is for roundtrip.

https://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/pps..._RoundTrip.pdf

Now your only issue will be finding 2 O class seats on the same flights, I might be wrong but Tokyo might be a hard market for partner F award availability,
Is their award chart not direction-sensitive? That their price would be based on getting on a SQ or ANA flight and not doing the detour over Europe?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I don't believe that's a permitted routing using UA miles to TYO. But you can route to South Asia via Europe - that would include BKK, HKG, or SIN. It's done all the time.
RandomBaritone likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:36 pm

It used to be possible before the last mileage plus changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.