Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I/How/Rules to change flight date on LOT?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Can I/How/Rules to change flight date on LOT?

Hey guys,just found out about this website and im probably going to use it alot.
Well,I wanna order tickets from LOT and I have a few questions.
1.Can I change(POSTPONE) a RETURN ticket's date?For example if If my return flight from USA to my country is at 12/DEC/2017, and I wanna postpone it to 10/JAN/2018,Is it possible?
If so -
2.What are the fees?
3.How to do it?
***** Its an economy ticket.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Welcome!

Nobody can answer your question as information about the fare class is required. As a rule of a thumb: the cheaper the ticket, the less flexibility.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Welcome!

Nobody can answer your question as information about the fare class is required. As a rule of a thumb: the cheaper the ticket, the less flexibility.
Hey,thanks for the reply.
But I cant know the fare class before I buy it...(?????)
I order from Vayama, all though I dont care where to order from if I'll have to order from another place.
So how do I know?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:23 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
If you buy your tickets on lot.com hovering over the radio button on the "Select Your flights" page actually shows the booking class and the fare basis (e.g VLXTAN, MLXRED, RLXSPC14, APMLO, etc). You or someone else will have to look up what the fare basis means but it will be a start.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:24 am

Sometimes there a small fine print link to click and check the fare rules.

If not then you should find another vendor or give the travel agency a call to find out.

If you manage to catch them on a good day, LOT.com also displays the fare rules.

Keep in mind, all this information will only provide the minimum amount you have to pay for a change. The actual amount can very well be quite higher.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:07 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Lack
Sometimes there a small fine print link to click and check the fare rules.

If not then you should find another vendor or give the travel agency a call to find out.

If you manage to catch them on a good day, LOT.com also displays the fare rules.

Keep in mind, all this information will only provide the minimum amount you have to pay for a change. The actual amount can very well be quite higher.
A good point! I can't see the full fare rules but by clicking one of the radio buttons I can see which fare is changeable/refundable for free or against unspecified fees.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Guys im not looking to buy directly from LOT it could cost up to %50 more.
Quick edit- Just checked LOT's site and the prices are actually not that higher,maybe %15 more which is worth it. So thank you guys. And I figured everything I needed so thanks alot!
1 more thing guys, Would you recommend to fly with LOT? I mean,they have the cheapest tickets along with Iberia, I dont care about food and all the stuff around,not even about comfort too much, just the SAFETY and the seriousness of the staff that takes care of the plane and it's maintenance. basically, safety is the only thing important to me.
So should I go with LOT or Iberia? Is LOT known as a bad airline regarding safety or not? I know some airlines try to save expenses and maintain air planes badly which could lead to serious safety issues.
And then theres the security matter, do they treat security as needed?

Last edited by TravellerTravy; Sep 7, 2017 at 2:27 pm
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
A good point! I can't see the full fare rules but by clicking one of the radio buttons I can see which fare is changeable/refundable for free or against unspecified fees.
There should be a link to full fare conditions right around the price calculation.

The fees for changes though are just the beginning, fare difference may result in a significantly higher total sum - and you never know what that it's going to look like, especially wit the modern fare construction logic.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lack
There should be a link to full fare conditions right around the price calculation.

The fees for changes though are just the beginning, fare difference may result in a significantly higher total sum - and you never know what that it's going to look like, especially wit the modern fare construction logic.
Ah,200$ plus fare difference, i'll just pick a flight/day with around the same fare so I wont have to pay too much more than the $200,not a problem I think.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:19 pm

LO has somewhat reasonable one way fares too, maybe that's would be make more financial sense in your situation.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by TravellerTravy
Ah,200$ plus fare difference, i'll just pick a flight/day with around the same fare so I wont have to pay too much more than the $200,not a problem I think.
Provided they don't stop selling tickets in cheaper fare classes nearer the departure date as some airlines do. Good luck!
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Provided they don't stop selling tickets in cheaper fare classes nearer the departure date as some airlines do. Good luck!
Sorry I dont understand what you meant by "Stop selling tickets in cheaper fare classes nearer the departure date", Im looking to postpone my flight forabout 2 months,and to do it about 27 days BEFORE the original date, so wont they *probably* have these tickets ~27 days before the original date?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by TravellerTravy
Sorry I dont understand what you meant by "Stop selling tickets in cheaper fare classes nearer the departure date", Im looking to postpone my flight forabout 2 months,and to do it about 27 days BEFORE the original date, so wont they *probably* have these tickets ~27 days before the original date?
You should be fine then, provided the original fare allows long enough stay (some fares may have a under 3 month stay requirement for example).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.