Wiki Posts
Search

Early check-in @HEL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Early check-in @HEL

I have a 6 am flight HEL-MUC next week and am staying at the Vantaa Hilton. When I asked at the LH desk in HEL what time they opened and when I should check luggage for the flight, they advised me to drop by the night before to check in and deposit my bag.

Then I could proceed directly to the gate at 0-dark-thirty for my departure to MUC. Has anybody used this early check in at HEL, or other LH outstations? I have an interline cnx to UA in MUC, if that makes any difference.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Originally Posted by transportprof
I have a 6 am flight HEL-MUC next week and am staying at the Vantaa Hilton. When I asked at the LH desk in HEL what time they opened and when I should check luggage for the flight, they advised me to drop by the night before to check in and deposit my bag.

Then I could proceed directly to the gate at 0-dark-thirty for my departure to MUC. Has anybody used this early check in at HEL, or other LH outstations? I have an interline cnx to UA in MUC, if that makes any difference.
Opportunity for checking in bags the previous day is common practice for many airlines in HEL. According to the airport's website, you can check in bags between 6pm and 7pm previous night, though I would recommend doing it before 6.30pm as the last LH flight leaves 7.15pm and they might close the desks before 7.00pm.

http://www.finavia.fi/en/helsinki-airport/airlines/

In the morning the desks open 2 hours before the flight. There are occasionally some queues for bag drop in the morning, but security check is usually very quick in Terminal 1.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Late night checkin is allowed at 5 to 7pm for next day flights departing till 11am:
Code:
============= HELSINKI-VANTAA AIRPORT CHECK-IN/LOUNGES====================

CHECK-IN LH FLIGHTS      :  TERMINAL 1, COUNTERS 106-110
       HANDLING AGENT     :  SWISSPORT
       DEADLINE           :  C/F-CL 30 MIN, Y-CL 40 MIN

BUSINESS CLASS CHECK-IN  :  SEPARATE PRIORITY COUNTER

FIRST CLASS CHECK-IN     :  SEPARATE PRIORITY COUNTER

ECONOMY CLASS CHECK-IN   :  EITHER ONLINE BOARDING PASS OR BOARDING PASS
                             FROM SELF SERVICE KIOSKS OF FINAVIA MANDATORY
                             BEFORE ENTERING BAGGAGE DROP OFF COUNTER
                             BAGGAGE DROP OPENS 2 HRS BEFORE FLT DEPARTURE

>

m

GGAIRLHHEL.175        EN  16MAR17 1151Z                 

LATE NICHT CHECK-IN      :  FOR NEXT MORNING FLIGHTS DEPARTING                 
                             BEFORE 11 A.M.                                     
                             DAILY 17:00 - 19:00                                

LOUNGES & GROUP CHECK-IN - SEE PAGE NEXT ->        

LOUNGE FOR LH PASSENGERS   :  SAS BUSINESS LOUNGE (OPPOSITE GATE 13)           
            ACCESS FOR      :  HON/SEN CARD HOLDERS HOLDING SAME DAY            
                               BOARDING PASS ON STAR CARRIER FROM HEL           
                               IN ANY CLASS                                     

BUSINESS CLASS PASSENGERS ON LH FLIGHTS
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:15 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Same info also available on LH.com.

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/check-in-information
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Thanks for the helpful confirmations. This is very civilized. Not common anymore in North America, thus my surprise that it was available at an outstation like HEL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.