Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor Emergency landing in Greenland

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Condor Emergency landing in Greenland

A buddy of mine was on the Condor B763 flight ( FRA-LAS) that was diverted to Greenland on July 20th.

http://avherald.com/h?article=4abedcbe

He was in Business Class, they ended up spending the night in Greenland and slept on Army Cots as a group. They brought in a new plane the next day and everyone went on to Las Vegas in coach only. Except for the obvious danger of smoke in the cockpit, Greenland would certainly seem like an adventure under better circumstances.

What do you think my friend should expect for compensation?

I cannot imagine any EU rules about delays would apply as the emergency landing would certainly seem out of their control.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by elusive1
What do you think my friend should expect for compensation?
No compensation.

He may be able to claim the value of lost hotel nights or non-refundable activities planned at the destination to his travel insurance, if he has it.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
No compensation.
No!
Condor is operating very old Boeing 767-300ER planes. They break down very often.
If sth. happens quite regularly, it is not extraordinary anymore.
What I would do is to research how often the Boeing 767-300ER had technical difficulties in the last 24 months.
Did you catch the registration of the plane?

Condor owes the pax EUR 600 in EC 261/2004 compensation + 75% refund because of the downgrade.
The downgrade refund has to be paid regardless whether this situation is deemed extraordinary or not.

The Amtsgericht Bad Homburg is quite proficient in dealing with Condor.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by warakorn
No!
Condor is operating very old Boeing 767-300ER planes. They break down very often.
If sth. happens quite regularly, it is not extraordinary anymore.
From which source did you get this information? What does "very often"mean? Is this based on real facts or just a guess?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:32 am
Suspended

This is a fact.
Condor operates a very, very old longhaul fleet.
Stranded passengers due to technical problems is a common occurence with Condor.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:55 am
Original Poster

I am told that they promised all passengers full refunds.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:56 pm
Suspended

I am told that they promised all passengers full refunds.
Promising something and paying out money are two very different things.

The question is also to what amount the "full refund" applies to.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
This is a fact.
Condor operates a very, very old longhaul fleet.
Stranded passengers due to technical problems is a common occurence with Condor.
"Old" does not related directly to "not reliable".

Do you have a proof of your statement? Just making not funded statements does not help the OP and may lead him into the wrong direction.

It's average 767-300 age ist 21,6 years. This is number 52 of 101 operators (= average).
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Promising something and paying out money are two very different things.

The question is also to what amount the "full refund" applies to.
Why do you turn all statements into a negative direction? The OP shall wait and see, what Condor is going to promise to him. If there is no feedback from Condor the next 2 - 3 weeks, we should give the OP tips to advance the issue. One should not start shouting now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.