Wiki Posts
Search

LH MM YQ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:49 am
Original Poster

LH MM YQ

Hi Folks,

Anyone knows what's the approximate YQ for FRA-SIN rt for MM redemption?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:17 am

About 360EUR YQ and 470EUR total charges in Y/Y+.
About 460EUR YQ and 570EUR total charges in C/F.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I recently booked O/w from Singapore to Dusseldorf and the taxes were close to zero.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I recently booked O/w from Singapore to Dusseldorf and the taxes were close to zero.
Interesting. What class of service?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Probably because some countries have a spine and ban scam charges (HKG, Japan, Philippines and Brazil come to mind).
It may make sense to change a RT to two OW to those destinations, if you don't care about the stopovers and can risk the 2x change/cancel fees.

Quick look on M&M shows about 200EUR in charges for simple SIN-FRA in Y+, 90% of which is a scam.

Have you been travelling on LH/LX? I think SQ dropped their extra charges recently so even M&M might have noticed and passed the savings.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Lack
Probably because some countries have a spine and ban scam charges (HKG, Japan, Philippines and Brazil come to mind).
It may make sense to change a RT to two OW to those destinations, if you don't care about the stopovers and can risk the 2x change/cancel fees.

Quick look on M&M shows about 200EUR in charges for simple SIN-FRA in Y+, 90% of which is a scam.

Have you been travelling on LH/LX? I think SQ dropped their extra charges recently so even M&M might have noticed and passed the savings.
I booked the direct SQ flight into DUS in C. I believe to recollect overall taxes were in the range of 60 EUR and a handful of EUR for our baby.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:58 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=I booked the direct SQ flight into DUS in C. I believe to recollect overall taxes were in the range of 60 EUR and a handful of EUR for our baby.[/QUOTE]

Yes, thats what i figured too.
99% of my redemption has been with SQ, and recently ex-SIN on SQ metal is purely SGD34 airport taxes only. So am wondering if this applies to LH metal on MM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.