Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/LX should demand that UA be suspended from Star Alliance

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
I agree that the treatment of the passenger on UA3411 is a new low on how airlines treat their customers, but LH and in particular LX are not far behind. I personally witnessed the handling of an overbooking of an LX flight by 27 pax on a 100 seater Avro service. Police also was called - although by the disgrunteled passengers and they also removed at least one person involuntarily after boarding. There was no dragging and no injury/blood of the passenger involved, which is an important difference (!), but otherwise it was very similar. So why would LX condemn a scene which could happen any day to them ...
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
^

Could someone close this pointless thread, pls. If you don't want to fly UA after this incident; fine by all means put your money elsewhere when buying your next tkt, but asking LH/LX to exclude UA from *A - give me a break.
+1
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Gigantor
I will never board another UA aircraft.
Fine, which should address your concern. But why are you trying to impose your view of the situation on others by demanding that others be deprived of the advantages of the membership of United in the Star Alliance just so you may feel good about yourself?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Based on Flight UA 3411 on Sunday, 9. April 2017

Official request made to LH/LX:
1. UA should be suspended from Star Alliance, effective immediately.
2. All codeshares with UA should be terminated, effective immediately.

This shall not be tolerated.

Based on recent redemptions for Lufthansa flights:

Official request made to Miles and More:
Lufthansa should be suspended from Miles and More, effective immediately.

Redemption for PHL-FRA and return, both in C, for 105,000 miles + 1,100 Euros.

Maybe they are not beating their customers (yet), but they are abusing them.

Last edited by Grog; Apr 16, 2017 at 2:53 pm
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kaka
Or if more people takes on this incident and turns their back on UA, they would be flying empty planes. I last checked LH wasnt doing all that badly
It's a scheme. UA and LH share revenue transatlantic. If you change from one to the other in protest (or between Austrian Airlines, SWISS, Brussels Airlines, Air Canada, or United Airlines, they still all earn the money. This is what shouldn't be allowed. Germans complain about WalMart and complain about Uber, but yet there is no outrage against this cartel or the LH subsidiary schemes.

https://www.lufthansagroup.com/en/co...-ventures.html

(And +1 in favor of closing this thread)

Last edited by Grog; Apr 16, 2017 at 2:56 pm
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SK AAR
^

Could someone close this pointless thread, pls. If you don't want to fly UA after this incident; fine by all means put your money elsewhere when buying your next tkt, but asking LH/LX to exclude UA from *A - give me a break.
+1000 the flight wasn't even operated by UA. If the OP wants to take their $$$ elsewhere ... fine. Excluding UA from *A is simply ridiculous
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by UA Apologist
Fine, which should address your concern. But why are you trying to impose your view of the situation on others by demanding that others be deprived of the advantages of the membership of United in the Star Alliance just so you may feel good about yourself?
Why are you trying to impose your view of the situation on others by demanding others be deprived of feeling good about themselves just so you may have the advantages of membership of United in the Star Alliance?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Why are you trying to impose your view of the situation on others by demanding others be deprived of feeling good about themselves just so you may have the advantages of membership of United in the Star Alliance?
Impose? My view of the situation? How? By doing nothing?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:33 pm

What a dumb thread. Like there'd be a point to Star Alliance without United.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:55 pm

Based on Flight UA 3411 on Sunday, 9. April 2017

Official request made to LH/LX:
1. UA should be suspended from Star Alliance, effective immediately.
2. All codeshares with UA should be terminated, effective immediately.

This shall not be tolerated.

Police brutality is quite usual in the US, much much more than in Europe and especially in Switzerland.

But the US police departments focus their brutality on particular kind of people. Blacks, Muslims, the poor, left-wingers - or even Asians. So being a white, christian, well-dressed mainstream guy from Switzerland, you should not have any problems with that, even on a UA flight.

And if you think, that is not OK as a matter of principle, you should not travel to the US at all. And if you don't travel to the US anyway, you don't need to care about UA.

And not to forget: Chances are that the passenger will get a couple of millions dollars per lost tooth. Normally victims of police brutality are not that lucky.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Originally Posted by thbe
Police brutality is quite usual in the US, much much more than in Europe and especially in Switzerland.

But the US police departments focus their brutality on particular kind of people. Blacks, Muslims, the poor, left-wingers - or even Asians. So being a white, christian, well-dressed mainstream guy from Switzerland, you should not have any problems with that, even on a UA flight.

And if you think, that is not OK as a matter of principle, you should not travel to the US at all. And if you don't travel to the US anyway, you don't need to care about UA.

And not to forget: Chances are that the passenger will get a couple of millions dollars per lost tooth. Normally victims of police brutality are not that lucky.
First of all, you make unbased assumptions about my personal attributes: race, religion, fashion and political biases.

My point is that I do not believe that it is in the interest of LH/LX to pass their paying customers over to UA/UX for connecting flights or codeshares, given the behaviour that we have seen.

I believe that there are LX/LH customers who would not want "seamless" travel with an airline that has its passengers abused. Moreover as a regular LH/LX traveler, I would not want to be interlined with UA/UX.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:50 am

I believe that there are LX/LH customers who would not want "seamless" travel with an airline that has its passengers abused. Moreover as a regular LH/LX traveler, I would not want to be interlined with UA/UX.
Then don't book codeshares or connecting itineraries with UA! What possible justification is there for others who do want codeshares or interline with UA to be inconvenienced based on your personal views?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Originally Posted by stargold
Then don't book codeshares or connecting itineraries with UA! What possible justification is there for others who do want codeshares or interline with UA to be inconvenienced based on your personal views?
I do believe that I have every right to express my opinion.
Or do you have a fundamental problem with that too?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:14 am

My point is that I do not believe that it is in the interest of LH/LX to pass their paying customers over to UA/UX for connecting flights or codeshares, given the behaviour that we have seen.

I don't think that the - wrong - decision of UA to call the police justify what you demand.

The real trouble in that case was the police brutality and that kind of police brutality could happen at every airport in the US, on every airline.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:29 am

I do believe that I have every right to express my opinion.
Or do you have a fundamental problem with that too?
I am merely expressing my opinion regarding your opinion/proposal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.