Search

Bomb threat forces LH 441 to divert

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
Bomb threat forces LH 441 to divert

According to several sources.

A Lufthansa Airlines flight from Houston to Frankfort, Germany was forced to make an emergency landing at John F. Kennedy Airport in New York on Monday after a reported bomb threat.

Port Authority police said someone called in a bomb threat to Lufthansa headquarters and the pilot made the decision to land at JFK at around 8 p.m.

"LH441 was diverted as a matter of precaution in coordination with the relevant authorities and the pilot, the airline said in a tweet. Passengers disembarked and LH staff will take care of them. The aircraft will be searched.

The plane stopped at a remote part of the airport, according to Fox 5 News. Passengers were unloaded and the NYPD Bomb Squad searched the plane.
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2016/1...mb-threat.html

http://www.thelocal.de/20161213/luft...er-bomb-threat

Plane involve was D-AIMK, an A380
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:04 pm

Looks like once the search is complete, the plane will be flown back to Germany without passengers, said Lufthansa.

How will the passengers get back to Frankfurt? Will they fly in a new plane to JFK?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by Redhat72
Looks like once the search is complete, the plane will be flown back to Germany without passengers, said Lufthansa.

How will the passengers get back to Frankfurt? Will they fly in a new plane to JFK?
Rebooked on the various other flights and carriers presumably? There's a ton of flights to fly passengers out of JFK to Europe - LH itself of course, LX and OS via other hubs, followed by various directs on AA and DL (I'm guessing they wouldn't use UA since they're in EWR, who really knows though) - and even other european carriers. I think NY is the number 1 TATL destination from Europe after all.

I don't think TATL is all that busy this time of year, so I wouldn't think availability should be a problem.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:11 pm

Not that it matters much but I was wondering whether airlines (including LH) use a special software that takes care of rebooking, the fastest possible, hundreds of passengers in cases like that, or is the process done by many agents "working overtime" and all wishing they had the possibility to get together with the hoaxer in a back alley after dark.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
Maybe the hoaxer was a bitter financial victim of the recent strikes, and wanted payback on lufty 😮
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by KLouis
Not that it matters much but I was wondering whether airlines (including LH) use a special software that takes care of rebooking, the fastest possible, hundreds of passengers in cases like that, or is the process done by many agents "working overtime" and all wishing they had the possibility to get together with the hoaxer in a back alley after dark.
They do have a sort of automation, but it is validated manually and then sent to the Amadeus Ticket Changer.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
They do have a sort of automation, but it is validated manually and then sent to the Amadeus Ticket Changer.
I can't tell if "Amadeus Ticket Changer" is a piece of software or someone's role and it's the funniest thing ever
Old Dec 14, 2016, 3:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You decide:
http://www.amadeus.com/web/amadeus/e...=1400000000211

Amadeus Ticket Changer (ATC) maximises cost efficiencies by automating airline ticket reissues and refunds and offers intelligent features that help airlines carry out ticket changes. Amadeus Ticket Changer combines the state-of-the-art Amadeus Fares and Pricing engine, with a powerful, multi-channel ticketing functionality. Based on the ATPCO Category 31 and 33 rules governing airline ticket re-issues and refund conditions, Amadeus Ticket Changer is now used by more than 80 airlines around the world. ATC is available at both manned counters and across self-service channels (airline website and mobile), empowering customers to take control of ticket exchanges and refunds, whilst reducing processing costs for airlines.
A reissue performed with ATC in a voluntary context, takes 2 minutes instead of an average 15 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.