Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Scam with FARE and HORRIBLE customer service. AVOID AT ALL COST

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by weero
A few miles is all you get from &M& these days.
Then what is your elaborate plan ?
I credit on TK... And the classed booked credit quite Well. I don't use M&M since 2012.

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
If I would operate an airline i would blacklist you. Unfortunately this would be against the law.
Really... ?
Blacklist a pax because airlines deliver another product than the one paid... you are a North Korea fan?

Anyway, it sounds that they are doing this often and they don't fix the issue. I'm sorry to insist but it's a scam!

Last edited by oliver2002; Nov 14, 2016 at 7:49 am Reason: merged: please use multi-quote
Old Nov 12, 2016, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by frenchft
Really... ?
Blacklist a pax because airlines deliver another product than the one paid... you are a North Korea fan?

Anyway, it sounds that they are doing this often and they don't fix the issue. I'm sorry to insist but it's a scam!
No, it is en entire matter of behaviour and treating people. If you proceed the same way you proceed here, reactions are not surprising.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
I proceed very easy. But when people tell : "next time book on the phone" and nothing else and that you have to fight for a refund after 2 hours in email and phone talks.... And same scam on another booking and same answers and useless support. Yes you are right : I become rude and they fully deserve it.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 2:08 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Sorry, but your shouting about a few miles is getting boring.
I disagree.

HTB.

If I would operate an airline i would blacklist you. Unfortunately this would be against the law.
If I were operating an airline, I'd make sure to fix the problem as soon as possible and provide an uncomplicated solution to people who complain before I was able to fix it. Why should it be OK to advertise A and deliver B? This is not only about the miles but also about availability and extra cost when rebooking.

HTB.

Last edited by oliver2002; Nov 14, 2016 at 7:49 am Reason: please use multi-quote
Old Nov 12, 2016, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by htb
I disagree.

HTB.
For sure. It's not only miles it's the conditions of the fare. And overall it's that when you book something you want to receive what you have paid for.

If you order a red shirt and you receive a black one : are you happy? I guess no. If the seller tell you we had a technical issue but a shirt is a shirt : are you happy? I guess no. Even worst if he does not want to correct HIS mistake ... What you do? You become rude and spend hours to try to fix it. Period.

Originally Posted by htb
If I were operating an airline, I'd make sure that I either fix the problem or otherwise find a solution to make sure I sell what I advertise. Why should it be OK to advertise A and deliver B? This is not only about the miles but also about availability and extra cost when rebooking.

HTB.
Can't say more! Crazy that people on this specific case feel comfortable with the airline behavior.

Last edited by oliver2002; Nov 14, 2016 at 7:48 am Reason: please use multi-quote
Old Nov 12, 2016, 3:52 am

For sure. It's not only miles it's the conditions of the fare. And overall it's that when you book something you want to receive what you have paid for.
What conditions of the fare?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
No, it is en entire matter of behaviour and treating people. If you proceed the same way you proceed here, reactions are not surprising.
After getting two or more rancidly foul excuses from agents of that airline, elegant and spiced insults are in order IMO. To use your analogy, grabbing a pesky agent by the ears and banging their face on the keyboard until they improve would also be fun but - your words - that would be against the law.

So we are both stuck with critique, insults, and perhaps the law.

Can't say more! Crazy that people on this specific case feel comfortable with the airline behavior.
Not crazy, they just have very different priorities when flying. And they fear that our belligerent EC261 riddled battles with the airlines will reduce the service level and the generosity of the airlines.
And I think that they are correct, I just don't care either about their travel patterns.
I credit on TK... And the classed booked credit quite Well. I don't use M&M since 2012.
Similar here. I quite like the Lufthansa products with the great exceptions of M&M, the ground staff, and customers service. Lounges and crews are great and overall perhaps the best value for money of any legacy except in Business class.

That said, M&M borders on being a scam.

Last edited by oliver2002; Nov 14, 2016 at 7:48 am Reason: please use multi-quote
Old Nov 13, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: MM SEN
Hah! What a funny discussion!

So one comment from my side, dear OP.

It looks like there was a bug on the LOT website - the booking class was shown incorrectly. BUT all the important conditions of your flight were shown correctly (for the actual booking class). You missed that information. So the ONLY claim you could make is regarding the miles... 500 instead of 250 (+bonus).

You called it a scam, tried to frighten the call center agents, etc. etc. - just to get 250 miles. I second one of the posters here, I would blacklist you. And I would also sue you. I feel sorry for all the call center agents who had to work with you...

The only thing the LOT agents could have done better is ... giving you the 250 miles extra... But I can imagine no one could get your point... quite typical for your kind of customer.

BTW, both E and T are rather low-cost fares... so you were buying a low-cost fare and now you are complaining LOT is a low-cost airline Quite funny I would say.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold
OP: In your first post you said "AVOID AT ALL COST!!!" but yet 10 days or so later you tried to book with LOT again. A bit of inconsistency in your actions, wouldn't you say?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 1:49 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by AVSA
OP: In your first post you said "AVOID AT ALL COST!!!" but yet 10 days or so later you tried to book with LOT again. A bit of inconsistency in your actions, wouldn't you say?
Ha ha - exactly my thought...

IT bugs will always exist and fixing them takes time (I know something about it - I am an IT industry professional). LOT could have handled it better, but at the end of the day you got your money back.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AVSA
On this route HRK > MWO they are very few options.
One is belavia (but long connection in Minsk)
other : low cost turkish (atlas jet or pegasus) with not convenient connection in SAW.

The price on this route is not low cost with LOT anyway but they are the best option and promised me last time that it will be fixed, but it's not... IT takes time or they have other priorities.

So sometimes you don't do the way you want. Connection between ukraine and russia if you are not in KBP are a pain. As i understood TK will fly to HRK soon so it will solve the problem as i fly this route quite often.

Originally Posted by TPJ
Ha ha - exactly my thought...

IT bugs will always exist and fixing them takes time (I know something about it - I am an IT industry professional). LOT could have handled it better, but at the end of the day you got your money back.
Yes, or they have other priorities than fixing this one (it's a old bug as i understood after talking with them).

Regarding money back... you are right and it's why i had booked this fare to get flexibility (they refused to change the ticket or change the fare class).

So, you are right IT can get issues, but when you got this kind of issues, people with a minimum of education / customer oriented behavior fix it and do their best to deliver a good experience.

Update (can help others with the same issue) :

>>> they have accepted to re-issue the ticket in the booked class (after a collector of "i read my script" email and chat). Again, a pain as their are wrong from the beginning.

Originally Posted by mastah
Hah! What a funny discussion!

So one comment from my side, dear OP.

It looks like there was a bug on the LOT website - the booking class was shown incorrectly. BUT all the important conditions of your flight were shown correctly (for the actual booking class). You missed that information. So the ONLY claim you could make is regarding the miles... 500 instead of 250 (+bonus).

You called it a scam, tried to frighten the call center agents, etc. etc. - just to get 250 miles. I second one of the posters here, I would blacklist you. And I would also sue you. I feel sorry for all the call center agents who had to work with you...

The only thing the LOT agents could have done better is ... giving you the 250 miles extra... But I can imagine no one could get your point... quite typical for your kind of customer.

BTW, both E and T are rather low-cost fares... so you were buying a low-cost fare and now you are complaining LOT is a low-cost airline Quite funny I would say.
you are wrong, when crediting on TK the different is more or less 1000 miles.

you funny... man if you love the be scamed and deal with this kind of rude and unprofessional agents, your choice.

It's not mine. Ones makes a mistake : he does his best to find a solution, period.

You can feel sorry for them (but to be honest, regarding the poor service they deliver, you should not), because i hate to be treated like it's my fault when it's not. Again, your choice, mine is to get what i pay for, always.

And miles is not the only point, it's a question of principle more than anything.

Last edited by oliver2002; Nov 14, 2016 at 7:55 am Reason: merged: please use multi-quote
Old Nov 14, 2016, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
..IT bugs will always exist and fixing them takes time (I know something about it - I am an IT industry professional)..
Noyce.
But the crux isn't the buggered IT of the LH group but the refusal to man up to (an automatically generated) promise.
..You called it a scam..
LOT made it a scam when they refused to honour the mistake their flawed IT created. It would a mistake if LOT either gave the OP what he paid for or offered a refund no questions asked. Once they resorted to foul excuses and blame shifting it absolutely became a scam, maybe even a fraud.
..tried to frighten the call center agents, etc. etc. - just to get 250 miles. I second one of the posters here, I would blacklist you. And I would also sue you.
As you put yourself into LOT's shoes here, let recapitulate. You want to sell the OP product B which you advertised and charged as product A, and then when the OP complains and announces legal action to get what is his, you want to sue him for what ?

You do realise that threatening legal action is absolutely within the OP's rights and is in no way tantamount to kick the phone agent's arse.
..I feel sorry for all the call center agents who had to work with you...
They have the option of not lying on behalf of their scammy employer.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:10 pm

And miles is not the only point, it's a question of principle more than anything.
And you're nothing if not a men of principle? Until there are only less convenient options that is, right?

Again, not giving LOT a pass for their 3rd tier IT, but you're very well aware who you're dealing with, so don't ask shocked, surprised or scammed.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I side with the OP. Suggesting is he the issue because he stood his ground is absurd. Banning-completely bizarre. LO need customers like him who want to pay more for some crappy miles.

I like LO and I feel right now they have a very good product (you can even get a massage/treatment in WAW lounge since October). They are hindered by a very backward approach to productivity and management that is quite common in Poland. Remember they are a state owned entity. Takes ages to get anything done and theres little impetus to take responsibility for mistakes. It can be like a flogging a dead horse. In many firms customer service is a strange concept. But, it is improving, not getting worse.

Some very strange things on LO. The other day on my flight I was going to sign the credit card receipt with my ballpoint pen which I had in my hand and the CC member did not have a pen to hand. As I was about to sign she assertively said "NO You cannot use your pen, you must use OUR pen, its the policy" . Invisible ink risk much?

You would think the call centre could book the ticket for him and issue it in the right class and waive any phone booking fee. LO have far too many booking classes even though they have a three class product on all non-domestic flights. I was told that if you see say T class in the GDS there is actually many different T classes at different prices. Very confusing and strange.

Consider the services of a travel agent who can book it in the right class and maybe even save some money. LO do a bit of consolidator dumping with Polish agencies.

I fly LO frequently now and if the lurker is reading theres a few things I'd mention. I would love to see genuinely competitive business fares on short-haul. Remember, you don't have a two class cabin domestically so flying via FRA/MUC/ZRH/VIE makes more sense and its also much cheaper and all legs are in Business with no PE nonsense. The upgrade prices are far too expensive and on many flights the Business or PE cabin is empty. LO need to make some huge changes to win back lost domestic pax to Lufty especially for long-haul to the usual diaspora locations. In my opinion, LH is actively dumping seats on PL- I have never seen so many K class tickets. Some special treatment for Senator/Gold would be nice and cost pennies. Some might laugh at such a suggestion because its LO but the positive changes I've seen show that LO are trying, but have some way to go.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:26 am

That was an amazingly informative read about LOT today hugolover ^^^ .

Much appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.