Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are taxes/fees the same on all classes on LH awards?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Are taxes/fees the same on all classes on LH awards?

I am looking at an F award from Munich to NYC. It is available but I will need to transfer some miles for it. I have enough miles to book a business class award and therefor can see the taxes/fees for that award redemption.

Are the taxes and fees the same for the F award as they are for the C award? It would be 85k miles vs 52500 miles but I think I will splurge as longer as the fees are the same.

I can't check as I don't have enough miles in my account to book it and they won't show me the fees since I don't have enough miles at the moment.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:49 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cruisr
I am looking at an F award from Munich to NYC. It is available but I will need to transfer some miles for it. I have enough miles to book a business class award and therefor can see the taxes/fees for that award redemption.

Are the taxes and fees the same for the F award as they are for the C award? It would be 85k miles vs 52500 miles but I think I will splurge as longer as the fees are the same.

I can't check as I don't have enough miles in my account to book it and they won't show me the fees since I don't have enough miles at the moment.
In my experience the taxes/fees for C and F awards for the same route/flight are the same.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 5:31 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
I just booked an award for USA-Europe in Business.

Roundtrip was 105000 miles and $800. Two oneways are 52000+52000 miles and $200+$400. Total savings 1000 miles and $200.

Therefore watch out, as the fuel surcharge depends on the origin point of your ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.