Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Brussels Airlines opens 'The Suite' lounge in BRU pier B [non-Schengen]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...

Rumor has it the Brussels Airlines Lounge in the B pier did get an overhaul and is now called "The Suite". The name is confirmed on the website but other that that, no info.
Anyone knows more?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 12:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK ElitePlus
Originally Posted by Ghentleman
Rumor has it the Brussels Airlines Lounge in the B pier did get an overhaul and is now called "The Suite". The name is confirmed on the website but other that that, no info.
Anyone knows more?
Correct - opened two days ago. Not an overhaul but a new lounge - that is, they use the old Jet Airways Lounge. Much more comfortable, spacier, better food spread and great runway views.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks JJBe (also for fixing the thread)!
Strange that there was no official communication about this, no press release, nothing on the website. Not SN's usual style...
But a huge improvement for sure.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:38 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
It appears I missed "The Suite" lounge by one day. I was in the old lounge on Sunday evening.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by JJBe
Much more comfortable, spacier, better food spread and great runway views.
Looking forward to those!
Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK ElitePlus
Originally Posted by Ghentleman
Thanks JJBe (also for fixing the thread)!
Strange that there was no official communication about this, no press release, nothing on the website. Not SN's usual style...
But a huge improvement for sure.
`

Not sure if you have been at BRU recently but I can imagine that SN has more basic problems to deal with. The path leading to the new lounge - starting with security, checking-in bagage etc is quite a different experience. Announcing a new lounge could be considered not appropriate in these times?

PS I didn't change the thread BTW
Old Apr 28, 2016, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJBe
`

Not sure if you have been at BRU recently but I can imagine that SN has more basic problems to deal with. The path leading to the new lounge - starting with security, checking-in bagage etc is quite a different experience. Announcing a new lounge could be considered not appropriate in these times?

PS I didn't change the thread BTW
I have been at BRU, and yes, getting in is different. But why shouldn't SN communicate about the new lounge? They shouldn't throw a big party, but some communication to the press and general public/frequent flyer community (not at least its own FFs) would be welcome. Like what they did with the Magritte plane.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:29 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Pictures anyone? Jet Airways lounge was really nice...
Old May 16, 2016, 4:01 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
There is huge development in Terminal B lounge situation. Since 9W left Brussels, the SN took over their lounge. While it still gets really clouded in the morning (too many flights leaving from Terminal B in the morning), it is a vast improvement from the old dilapidated lounge. Food offering got better as well.
Old May 24, 2016, 5:50 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
It certainly looks like a vast improvement.

https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-..._brussels.aspx

Old May 29, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
Sorry, I posted this question the "The Loft" thread also - Has anyone try both The Loft (A Gates) and The Suite (B Gates)? Which do you prefer?
Old May 31, 2016, 2:53 am
Original Poster

The Loft has showers and "napping boxes". Also has a meeting room (allegedly only for SEN/HON but I've never seen it being used). There also a bar (only manned in afternoon/evening). Furniture, food and drink are the same. Both have apron views.
So except when you want to shower or sleep, I'd go to the lounge that matches your departure (Schengen / non- Schengen).
Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
SN lounge at BRU - can leave trolley ?

I've got a few hours at BRU and will probably head into town.
Can't recall - is there anywhere in the BRU (non-Schengen) lounge I can leave a trolley ?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Leaving your things in the BRU lounge is actively discouraged...
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Leaving your things in the BRU lounge is actively discouraged...
I 'm not sure I understand what that means. I assume there's no place to store things, and the desk agents won't let anyone leave items behind the desk ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.