Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
On Sunday 1 May the main departures hall will be partially reopened.
http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/alarm/73347/

On Monday 2 May, 25 airlines will return to the main departures hall. The other airlines will for the time being continue to operate from the temporary check-in hall on the bus station level. Click the link below to find out which hall your airline operates from.
http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/paxinfo/halls1n2/

SN schedule for 24MAR:
https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-...ule-24mar.aspx

BRU airport is closed for another day:

https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-...ageDetail.aspx

Brussels Attacks

Due to the attacks at Brussels Airport on March22nd, the airport is closed until further notice. The thoughts and prayers ofeveryone at Brussels Airlines go out to everyone affected by these terribleattacks. Brussels Airlines priority remains to do everything to assist andsupport its passengers and colleagues.

As a consequence of these events, Brussels Airlineshas cancelled all flights to and from Brussels Airport today, Wednesday, March23rd.

Brussels Airlines continues to do its utmost to getback to normal operations as quickly as possible in order to bring its gueststo their final destination.

However, due to difficult operationalcircumstances, delays and/or cancellations during the following days cannot beexcluded. We therefore recommend all passengers who don’t have an urgent needto travel in the coming two days to review their travel plans if ever possible.Further updates will be communicated as soon as they are available via thiswebsite.

Passengers holding a ticket for a Lufthansa Groupflight (Brussels Airlines,Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian Airlines and Germanwings)between today and March 28th to/from/via Brussels can rebook or refund theirticket for free – regardless of ticket conditions (even for non-refundabletickets).

Passengers who booked their ticket via a travelagency are kindly asked to contact the agency for their rebooking orrefund.

Passengers who booked via brusselsairlines.com can:

- Ask for a refund of their ticket via https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-...d/default.aspx

- Rebook their ticket for a new date of travelbefore 30 June 2016 via our Service Center at +32 2 723 23 62 (+1 866 308 2230from the US)

Baggage information:

For the passengers who have checked-in theirluggage this morning at a foreign airport and were unable to retrieve theirluggage upon arrival in Brussels, we kindly ask you to file a baggagemissing report here. Please use token BRUMAR22 to completeyour report.

The same is valid for the passengers who havechecked-in their baggage in Brussels this morning and did not leave on theirflight.

We do our utmost to get your belongings back to youas soon as possible.

Those looking for more information about relativesor friends who might be affected by the attacks, can call the special number0032(2) 753 73 00, activated by Brussels Airport.

last update: 23/03/2016 at 08h21 CET
Information about the airport status can be found on this website.
Print Wikipost

Two explosions at BRU - Airport closed [SN alternative arrangements]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2016, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Two explosions at BRU - Airport closed [SN alternative arrangements]

News of explosions of unknown origin at BRU has been reported:

http://www.lesoir.be/1158177/article...aventem-direct

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/re...bant/1.2607817

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35869254

Airport is closed and no flights are landing. If you are traveling via BRU today expect rerouting.

Everyone be safe.

Last edited by malmostoso; Mar 22, 2016 at 1:47 am Reason: Added link in English
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:41 am

Brussels Airlines Website

March 22nd, 09:25 – Due to two explosions at Brussels Airport this morning, March 22nd, the airport is closed for the rest of the day. As a consequence all flights to and from Brussels Airport are cancelled today.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:33 am

Reuters currently reporting 13 dead / 35 injured.

(Is there another thread about this? I'm surprised with the small number of posts so far.)
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-22-march.html
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:45 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Reducing the news coverage is an essential strategy

Originally Posted by mmff
Reuters currently reporting 13 dead / 35 injured.

(Is there another thread about this? I'm surprised with the small number of posts so far.)
I am firmly convinced that the media in events like 9/11 or Madrid 3/11 should reduce the coverage drastically.

That is the best way to make murder assaults like these less effective. ^

So a small three- or four-line coverage in the newspaper is enough. And just some additional hints which flights are delayed or cancelled.

But nothing to raise the publicity of partisans. No hour long new coverage in TV when people know nothing and just spreading terror.

Just my opinion.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Very well said gum. For anyone who is interested, the other thread is down in the Europe forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...asualties.html

It would seem that the explosions targeted the American Airlines and Brussels Airlines check in areas, according to witness reports.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 4:33 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I was supposed to be flying MAN-BRU-NRT on SN/NH this evening on a NH-issued ticket. SN cancelled the MAN-BRU flight quickly so I was able to persuade NH in London to rebook me on LH via FRA tomorrow but the BRU-NRT flight is still showing as 'delayed' on NH's website.

P.S. NH231 NRT-BRU was eventually diverted to DUS.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Mar 22, 2016 at 10:05 am
Old Mar 22, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by gum
I am firmly convinced that the media in events like 9/11 or Madrid 3/11 should reduce the coverage drastically.

So a small three- or four-line coverage in the newspaper is enough. And just some additional hints which flights are delayed or cancelled.

But nothing to raise the publicity of partisans. No hour long new coverage in TV when people know nothing and just spreading terror.

Just my opinion.
+1
Old Mar 22, 2016, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by gum

Just my opinion.
That will absolutely 100% never ever ever happen.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Very well said gum. For anyone who is interested, the other thread is down in the Europe forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...asualties.html

It would seem that the explosions targeted the American Airlines and Brussels Airlines check in areas, according to witness reports.
Targeted seems premature. It might be more accurate to say "took place close to". The other location at Zavantem was near a Starbucks outlet. It is quite possible that what were "targeted" were the densest crowds at the time rather than any airline or vendor.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
striking innocent people in the middle of an international airport is quite a dangerous action and should not be tolerated.

I wonder why the Belgium police and intelligence forces did not increase security levels at the airport knowing and expecting something will happen after the arrest of the terrorists one day before
Old Mar 22, 2016, 10:51 am
Original Poster

The military have been patrolling the departure area of BRU for months now. There are pictures floating of the alleged terrorists showing them walking happily pushing two luggage carts. There is no way such an event can be stopped, the only way to avoid it is to prevent it.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Has anyone heard news about when the BRU airport might re-open?

Mrs. N1003U is stuck in Brussels at present (with no Metro, no busses, and no trains going in or out, and impossible to find a taxi*) but she is not so confident that her return flight on Thursday is going be flying.

She is trying to estimate the urgency required in finding an alternate transport mode over to Germany and back up the Rhine.

*come to think of it I am not sure how impossible-to-find taxis are any different from a normal day in Brussels...
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:57 am

Airport will also be closed tomorrow as per their website.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:36 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Terrible news. It seems the guy who was caught alive is valuable enough for these rats to come out of their holes. A lawyer I work with on a regular basis in Brussels was on one of the metro trains that was bombed. Glad she was not hurt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.