Search

LOT upgrade pricing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Plat, AA ExP, NH Gold, AMEX PLAT
LOT upgrade pricing

Flew NRT-WAW today on LOT.
Y class ticket and cost 1,500 PLN or around $400USD OW.
There was no chance to negotiate despite both PE and J being half empty.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:39 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by altitude75k
Flew NRT-WAW today on LOT.
Y class ticket and cost 1,500 PLN or around $400USD OW.
I flew NRT-WAW in Business a few weeks ago and they were trying to sell cash upgrades after takeoff. Business was 2/3 full but I have no idea how full PE was. As far as I know there was no taker. I knew someone who was in Y but he had 3 seats to himself and didn't ask how much they were charging.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Y to biz was 3,000PLN or around $800usd. No takers.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I flew NRT-WAW in Business a few weeks ago and they were trying to sell cash upgrades after takeoff. Business was 2/3 full but I have no idea how full PE was. As far as I know there was no taker. I knew someone who was in Y but he had 3 seats to himself and didn't ask how much they were charging.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Of course, European and Asian airlines rather prefer to protect their premium cabins from a revenue management point of view.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by warakorn
Of course, European and Asian airlines rather prefer to protect their premium cabins from a revenue management point of view.
LOT has a pretty established cash upgrade program (in advance, at the airport and even at the plane) so they only protection here is I think against bargaining for a lower the advertised price?
hopeful_me likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 1:55 am
Original Poster

When you book it lets you BID and with PE and J very empty -- better to have some revenue from LMU instead of the seat being empty.

Originally Posted by Lack
LOT has a pretty established cash upgrade program (in advance, at the airport and even at the plane) so they only protection here is I think against bargaining for a lower the advertised price?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:38 am

Those bids don't clear at the gate or onboard though, but early enough for the system to recognize its chances of higher revenue (be it by walk in full fare buys or upgrades).

Allowing on the spot negotiations is slippery slope to some shady upgrade processing.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:46 am
Original Poster

I put a bid in for 800PLN or $250 for Y to PE. Only 20% full and offer was rejected. I find onboard to be a bit dodgy.

QUOTE=Lack;26178352]Those bids don't clear at the gate or onboard though, but early enough for the system to recognize its chances of higher revenue (be it by walk in full fare buys or upgrades).

Allowing on the spot negotiations is slippery slope to some shady upgrade processing.[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: M&M SEN + OW Gold + HH Gold + Club Carlson Gold + SPG Gold
Anyone having experienced a tumb up on upgrades from WAW to Middle East/Caucasus? If yes what price range did or did not work?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:44 pm

The lowest you can put there is 300PLN (70euro). Depending on the load the upgrades start to clear from 500 upward most of the time, in my experience.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by jackebofh
The lowest you can put there is 300PLN (70euro). Depending on the load the upgrades start to clear from 500 upward most of the time, in my experience.
Thanx.

And what if the upgrade function is not there when entering bookingcode at lot.com "Place an order"? Is some flights or bookingclasses restricted here?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Nord
Thanx.

And what if the upgrade function is not there when entering bookingcode at lot.com "Place an order"? Is some flights or bookingclasses restricted here?
Qualifying booking classes are as follows:

P, A, R (premium eco)
Y, B, M, E, H, K, Q, T, S, V, W, L, U (eco)

The big missing one is the low economy class O (OSIMPL) class - that's the one without checked bags for non-status flyers.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:23 pm

Qualifying booking classes are as follows:

P, A, R (premium eco)
Y, B, M, E, H, K, Q, T, S, V, W, L, U (eco)

The big missing one is the low economy class O (OSIMPL) class - that's the one without checked bags for non-status flyers.
Ok. Thank you. I have booking class U but not possible to make a bid. Could it be that it will "open up on a later stage"?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Nord
Ok. Thank you. I have booking class U but not possible to make a bid. Could it be that it will "open up on a later stage"?
Honestly i don't know - i have bookings 4-5 months ahead, and they do show the upgrade option. Beware, as you can easily mistake it for an ad on the page. It looks like this:
Attached Images  
Old Mar 9, 2016, 5:10 am

Honestly i don't know - i have bookings 4-5 months ahead, and they do show the upgrade option. Beware, as you can easily mistake it for an ad on the page. It looks like this:
Ok, This field is at mines are rather white and empty.

I guess it's not offered on this flight then. Only one seat-reservation - of 10 C-class seat offered on this flight to BEY- being shown so far though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.