Wiki Posts
Search

Access to the Brussels LOFT lounge from with a non-Schengen connection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Access to the Brussels LOFT lounge from with a non-Schengen connection

I'll be flying TLV-BRU-IAD in a couple of weeks, first time in BRU and I wonder if I would access the LOFT lounge in terminal A, given that I arrive and depart from terminal B.

I saw a couple of related questions on Flyertalk, and both expressed concern that it will not be possible to enter the B security gates with an A gate boarding pass, but none of the posters actually tried that.

Does anyone know if that's possible? I don't mind crossing into Belgium and an extra security screening for using a decent lounge.

With the new Connector in place, is there still a security line when crossing from B to A?

Thanks,
Lior
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, even though you can walk over to A from B, you still need to pass security either way.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes, even though you can walk over to A from B, you still need to pass security either way.
Thanks! Any idea if the B gates boarding pass can get me into A?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:45 pm

But don't you have to pass the automated gates with the boarding pass scanners to even get to the new security screen area for Terminal A? I am not 100% sure but I doubt you'd get through with a B boarding pass.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I'm in BRU on Tuesday and will ask!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

I'm in BRU on Tuesday and will ask!
Perfect! Thanks!^
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Ok, I can now report first hand.
I've passed through passport control, and at the baggage claim area headed towards the A gates sign which took me through the old tunnel (which now looks like a deserted construction site) to a nearly empty security post. The agent told me I cannot enter the A gates without an A gates boarding pass.

I headed back, passed through customs to land-side and tried to enter the automated security gates accessible from the check-in area, but the gates didn't open and just displayed some error message in French on the screen.

However, the bright side is that the security agent in the tunnel told me that all the gates will be connected starting March 17th (and gave an expression as if she's not content with this decision).

Another bright side was that the fast security lane I accessed by scanning my *G boarding pass literally took me to the front of the line of a dedicated XRAY machine.

I guess I'll have to wait until next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.