Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

"Business Class Upgrade" (Cash Upgrade for 90-160 EUR) on regional European flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Business Class Upgrade" (Cash Upgrade for 90-160 EUR) on regional European flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: Topbonus: Gold, HHonors: Gold
A successful upgrade from an award booking class X to P.

Name:  upgrade.JPG
Views: 1582
Size:  30.1 KB
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:41 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It looks like you don't get additional baggage allowance.
I should have read this thread first as I fell for the "no extra baggage" trick on a recent upgrade.

Now I'm not even sure what the baggage allowance is as checking the reservation on LH.com doesn't show anything about the baggage limit(s) on my reservation.

I called up LH and was told that one pax will have the original 23kg limit whereas the other, who is SEN, will get 2x... 32kg. Does this sound correct or have I been misinformed?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold
Upgrade for 55 MUC T2 connection?

All,
I hope this is an appropriate response to this thread, but I was curious if a $115 "upgrade" to business on a LUX-MUC flight would be worth it mostly as way to cushion a 55min connection in MUC T2 to a biz-class MUC-GRU flight. I have never flown through MUC as it's a new destination from my home airport so I'm not sure if 55min is tight and sitting in rows 1-3 is better than 12-14 or if I'll be fine and can save the $115.

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by ranok
All,
I hope this is an appropriate response to this thread, but I was curious if a $115 "upgrade" to business on a LUX-MUC flight would be worth it mostly as way to cushion a 55min connection in MUC T2 to a biz-class MUC-GRU flight. I have never flown through MUC as it's a new destination from my home airport so I'm not sure if 55min is tight and sitting in rows 1-3 is better than 12-14 or if I'll be fine and can save the $115.

Thanks in advance!
No need to upgrade on LUX-MUC to get faster out of the aircraft. The CRJ9 will arrive in MUC at an apron position, so you will all (except HONs) be in a bus.
As stated in the MUC connection thread a few lines further down, 55 min. are enough if the inbound is not heavily delayed.

Last edited by PetzLUX; Sep 11, 2016 at 3:26 pm
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by PetzLUX
No need to upgrade on LUX-MUC to get faster out of the aircraft. The CRJ9 will arrive in MUC at an apron position, so you will all (except HONs) be in a bus.
As stated in the MUC connection thread a few lines further down, 55 min. are enough if the inbound is not heavily delayed.
Superb! Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Had a look back through the thread, but this doesn't seem to have been addressed: can bookings made via an OTA (e.g. expedia) be upgraded in this way?
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Any booking can be upgraded this way.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Thanks once again for the quick feedback. In that case it will just depend on availability.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: aa lifetime platinum
business class upgrade but surprise... still economy baggage limits far-dub

hello:
as an experienced traveler i thought i should grab a good deal when presented.
an upgrade to business fra- dub for a trip next month for 99 euros pp.extra
since we are later headed for a cruise , it would be an opportunity to take an extra bag with us .
after purchasing the upgrade online, i got the message that the baggage limits are still those of economy.
i looked for a message like this before purchasing the upgrade and there is none.
i presumed business class means business class baggage limitts- the whole enchilada of services.
i called the north american number and i was told i had to call Germany .
i called the german number and after a long hold ,the call was answered- a very polite gentleman put me on hold after my explanation and even cam back to apologize for the long delay - 20 more minutes- suddenly i was hung up on.
so here i am - one hour later- with an upgrade i don't need or want that i bought only for the extra bag possibility . i won't go to the poor house if i don't get the 198 euro refunded but it was a surprise that they inform you of this only after the upgrade is purchased.
is there anything else i can do that won't involve spending the rest of my weekend pursuing this matter and making calls to germany that may or may not get disconnected and start the whole story over again.?
truly a first world problem i know.
but they could have stated that very same baggage advisory message before the purchase and i feel that was a ruse.
should i try twitter if i feel that i want to spend more time on this?
Old Sep 17, 2016, 12:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Bad experience but is strongly suspect - you will just have to life with it....
Old Sep 17, 2016, 12:33 pm

Sorry, but at the beginning of the upgrading process, you get clearly the following message:

How would you like to upgrade?

With cash
Use the new Cash Upgrade and enjoy the airport and onboard benefits of our premium cabins! The fare conditions of your ticket, i.e rebooking, refund and baggage provisions remain unchanged.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 12:36 pm

And it's also stated on the upgrade information page.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: aa lifetime platinum
okay okay. i should have read everything more throughly -even the fine print-
ill look forward to the lounge access and the first class experience on Lh even on the short flight. we will limit out baggage and just enjoy. life goes on.
nice problem to be stuck with, all in all.
but their customer service could improve- especially the hang-up.
does not leave a good impression.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 1:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Well it is not first class either......just a Y seat witch a free middle seat - not more legroom too...

You are paying EUR 99 for a mediocre lounge and a sandwich....
Old Sep 17, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
And a second piece of hand luggage!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.