Wiki Posts
Search

Using eVouchers collecting miles with United

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Using eVouchers collecting miles with United

Hi,

I'm a LH Senator and plan on flying soon with LH/LX business.
I have many miles in LH and want (for bonus diversity) to add miles to my United miles.

Is it possible to use my eVoucher in order to upgrade to First, but collect miles using my United account?

Thank,
Joe
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:41 am

Programs: AA, AS, AC, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG
Yes, that should be possible but you will have to put some effort into it.

1. When booking your ticket, do not add any Frequent Flyer Number to your booking. If there is a existing M&M number linked to your profile, delete it in the appropriate field or do not log-in into your account when booking the ticket.
2. Request your Upgrade using eVouchers through the M&M Call Center. M&M may add your Senator number to the booking, but if possible tell them not to do so. (Maybe tell them you do not wish to earn miles for this flight )
3. Hopefully all goes well and you will have a confirmed ticket in First Class prior to your actual travel date.
4. On the day of departure, go to the check-in counter with your First Class ticket. Ask the check-in agent to add your United FFP number to the ticket as you wish to credit your mileage for this flight to United FFP. If there is a Senator M&M number already in place, kindly ask her to delete the number as you do not wish to credit this flight to M&M.
5. Once the agent has printed the Boarding Pass, make sure that the Boarding Pass reads the United FFP number. This is important as this will be your proof in case mileage doesn't credit to United after your flight.
6. Enjoy your flight and the surcharge free United miles.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just book the ticket with your UA FFP number and then apply the upgrade online. The M&M details go into the FQTU field automatically. Don't go for all this changing at the airport crap, doesn't work. What is in the PNR at the time of checkin trumps everything and is a pain to reverse.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Agree with oliver2002 and have done it like that before. Works.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks

What I did is book the business tickets with my UA number.
Called LH Senator line to upgrade. They did it without any problem and without modifying my UA reservation.

Thanks for you help
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:53 am

Programs: AA, AS, AC, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG
Great that it worked out. Just make sure that the boarding pass you get at the airport states your UA# MP number. That's what counts and is decisive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.