Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Seat Reservations on Lufthansa operated flights when booked through United [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Reservations on Lufthansa operated flights when booked through United [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 6:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Upcoming award reservation, booked with UA, on Austrian. I have an Austrian confirmation no., but can't seem to select/ change seats on Austrian.com. The phone agent gave me 7A on the 777, but seatguru suggests that galley noise might be irksome. Is calling the only way to go for OS? No way at all to see what the seating map looks like for my flight?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 6:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Either call OS or use LH.com to pull up the OS reservation. BTW, seatguru comments are plain generic. This thread has more info on the 777 C layout: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...xperience.html
Old Jul 22, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Thank you oliver2002. Doesn't look like I can change seats even on LH.com, but I did manage to pull up the seat map by trying a dummy booking. Definitely helps.

Thanks also for the link to the other thread.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 5:44 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Question UA Award ticket on LH. Seat assignment Q

We have UA Award Tickets from IAH -FRA- LYS.

The flights are on LH metal. When I was "buying" the tickets and I got to seat selection; it said "you cannot choose seats; you will be assigned seats at Check In???? What? While I don't mind not sitting next to my husband on a short flight -- 10 hours is a bit much.

When I got email confirmation; it had seat assignments. We both belong to Miles and More and I guess he never put his seat preference. I just joined today and was able to indicate AISLE seat as preference.

The seats we got were 61 B&C. I would have preferred 61 A &C as he likes window and I like aisle. As of now [2 months out] there appears to be many open seats including 61A. Greater likelihood someone would pick 61 A over 61B and that we "might" have the seat remain empty as a B seat, but an A seat surely won't if it gets to be a fuller flight.

What are the chances of getting these changed and do I do it via LH Customer Service?

I used the Manage My Booking link on UA, where I can see seat assignment, but when I go to "Change" it once again says they can't be assigned until checkin.

I also thought that IF I could change his preference on UA that he might get a different seat in A. I can't find how to do this [I'll ask on UA board about how to do that].
Old Jul 25, 2015, 2:48 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
No way of changing this until check-in opens -sorry!
Old Jul 25, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by DebitNM
We have UA Award Tickets from IAH -FRA- LYS.

The flights are on LH metal. When I was "buying" the tickets and I got to seat selection; it said "you cannot choose seats; you will be assigned seats at Check In???? What? While I don't mind not sitting next to my husband on a short flight -- 10 hours is a bit much.

When I got email confirmation; it had seat assignments. We both belong to Miles and More and I guess he never put his seat preference. I just joined today and was able to indicate AISLE seat as preference.

The seats we got were 61 B&C. I would have preferred 61 A &C as he likes window and I like aisle. As of now [2 months out] there appears to be many open seats including 61A. Greater likelihood someone would pick 61 A over 61B and that we "might" have the seat remain empty as a B seat, but an A seat surely won't if it gets to be a fuller flight.

What are the chances of getting these changed and do I do it via LH Customer Service?

I used the Manage My Booking link on UA, where I can see seat assignment, but when I go to "Change" it once again says they can't be assigned until checkin.

I also thought that IF I could change his preference on UA that he might get a different seat in A. I can't find how to do this [I'll ask on UA board about how to do that].
I don't understand. First you say you want to sit next to your husband, then you say you want A and C. I would never assume a seat will not be taken anymore (unless you're flying in an off-peak season during midweek).

You can't get a LH seat via UA. Click the "additional information" on your united booking and it'll show you the underlying LH booking code. First try going to LH.com with that and going to your booking and changing seats. If that doesn't work try calling LH with that booking reference and see if they'll change you.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 7:48 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
They will not change you as it is a UA ticket.....in my experience they will not be able to do anything neither LH nor UA - it is a deadlock until check-in.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
UPDATE: I was able to get into my reservation on LH and was indeed able to make the change in seat assignment.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by DebitNM
UPDATE: I was able to get into my reservation on LH and was indeed able to make the change in seat assignment.
Well, I guess that proved the naysayers wrong. Way to go, Debit!
Old Jul 26, 2015, 9:24 pm

had the same problem

You need to get your UA reservation code, which is not the same as the LH code. Even with that, I do not know if this guarantees ability to reserve on the UA website.

I think with my UA res code, I could reserve 24 hrs prior to depart
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
They will not change you as it is a UA ticket.....
Well on the shorthaul they will, very often after check in .....
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by ente_09
had the same problem

You need to get your UA reservation code, which is not the same as the LH code. Even with that, I do not know if this guarantees ability to reserve on the UA website.

I think with my UA res code, I could reserve 24 hrs prior to depart
How about for award tickets booked through UA? According to LH, X tickets can reserve seats, yet when I try to online, it doesn't let me...anyone have any experience with this? I'm hoping some business awards open up last minute for my flight, but right now I'm booked in X and will try to get on the upperdeck if possible.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by kthpence
How about for award tickets booked through UA? According to LH, X tickets can reserve seats, yet when I try to online, it doesn't let me...anyone have any experience with this? I'm hoping some business awards open up last minute for my flight, but right now I'm booked in X and will try to get on the upperdeck if possible.
I just recently booked three award tickets (X) through United BCN-XNA first 2 flights are on LH and with the LH confirmation # I was able to log on to LH and select my seats
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:42 am

We will soon be booking US premium saver on OS ORD-VIE.

Will we be able to reserve seats in Biz Class ahead of time?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by kidstwo
I just recently booked three award tickets (X) through United BCN-XNA first 2 flights are on LH and with the LH confirmation # I was able to log on to LH and select my seats
I'm able to get to the select seats portion, but then it says, "Unfortunately, seat reservations are not possible. Exemptions may apply to travelling HON Circle Members and Senators. You may log in if applicable and retry a seat reservation." Two weeks ago, I could choose a seat...seems to be a glitch on LH's part

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.