Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Base Dusseldorf to be shut down

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by FD1971
May I suggest the current LH Politikbrief (1/2015) for more updated information on the effect of lower oil prices. ^
The usual non-statement statement.
Old May 22, 2015, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Is it the same kind of Prawda like the Lufthanseat?
http://www.lufthansagroup.com/luftha...fthanseat.html
Isn't it amazing that several FT members cannot wait to talk to the same guys in person who order to publish the information?
Old May 22, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by revigik
There is no F service ex-DUS
Thanks. Obviously I haven't been flying LH out of DUS for a while.
Old May 22, 2015, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Isn't it amazing that several FT members cannot wait to talk to the same guys in person who order to publish the information?
All quiet on the western front!
Old May 22, 2015, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Do not have the time to read your usual comments, but what a nasty shot do we see here?

Not a fan?

Com' on, Fontainebleu..
Nothing nasty, just trying not to be in denial. I have many friends who have been absorbed into the Borg collective.

The reason companies which are large, numerous, and similar in nature move in sync is not because of great insights, fine tuned processes, or even operations research but because of the spiritual kolkhoz of the medium and higher management.
Old May 23, 2015, 3:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
Thanks. Obviously I haven't been flying LH out of DUS for a while.
There is always EK F ex DUS.

Originally Posted by weero
Nothing nasty, just trying not to be in denial. I have many friends who have been absorbed into the Borg collective.
It is sad, isn't it?

I guess you prefer Remarque and Picard to the Borg. Björn had a nifty backhand though.
Old May 23, 2015, 3:37 am

It is sad, isn't it?

I guess you prefer Remarque and Picard to the Borg. Björn had a nifty backhand though.
Good point. While I know next to nothing about the views of Remarque (that was Rambuster's quote after all), I have to agree that the political system on display in "Star Trek" is nightmarish and only differs from the Borg collective in details.

But hey this is why they are such fervent competitors and enemies, they fight over the same customer base.
Old May 23, 2015, 3:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by weero
Good point. While I know next to nothing about the views of Remarque (that was Rambuster's quote after all), I have to agree that the political system on display in "Star Trek" is nightmarish and only differs from the Borg collective in details.

But hey this is why they are such fervent competitors and enemies, they fight over the same customer base.
Always remember that the new employer of Dr.Franz can help you out in case you feel sluggish after a 'nekmare'
Old May 23, 2015, 11:26 am

Dont feed the tr....
Old May 23, 2015, 6:59 pm

Always remember that the new employer of Dr.Franz can help you out in case you feel sluggish after a 'nekmare'
Thanks, I do. But usually I take the blood thinner and the pain killer before entering NEKropolis.
It has been a while as LH has neglected us here with their PE product. But now with the fare ware between LH and BA in full swing, and PE fares often <!K EUR, I shall indeed look forward to 2x1h in NEK.
Old May 26, 2015, 8:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I connected through DUS last year (EWR-DUS-BUD) and it was such a pleasant experience. The lounge staff and gate staff were also excellent. I don't like what LH is doing to this airport and it sounds like it will only get worse
Old May 27, 2015, 5:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CMK10
I connected through DUS last year (EWR-DUS-BUD) and it was such a pleasant experience. The lounge staff and gate staff were also excellent. I don't like what LH is doing to this airport and it sounds like it will only get worse
I fail to see how your experience would be any different after LH closed the base.

Less expensive staff might actually free up some money to improve the F&B at the lounges...
Old May 27, 2015, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I fail to see how your experience would be any different after LH closed the base.

Less expensive staff might actually free up some money to improve the F&B at the lounges...
If you want to grind the outsourced OS/LX checkin to a complete halt, simply ask them to add HOC status to your partners boarding pass!
That usually takes them 15-20 minutes and several phone calls to the ticket desk!
Fun and games!
Old May 27, 2015, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
If you want to grind the outsourced OS/LX checkin to a complete halt, simply ask them to add HOC status to your partners boarding pass!
That usually takes them 15-20 minutes and several phone calls to the ticket desk!
Fun and games!
I don't doubt this ... but getting the outsourced LX to do anything whatsoever for a next-to-no-status like me is harder than secretly introducing slave labour at airports.
Old May 27, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: LH HON
It took the outsourced check-in staff more than a year to handle at least standard procedures. Even yesterday it was hard to convince them to have the HON label on my luggage. She needed the assistance of the next counter to reissue a new baggage label.
So we can expect the same long needed experience with the coming outsourced check-in staff for LH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.