Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Germanwings: schedule change created an extra night, will they cover hotel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

In September 2014 I booked an economy ticket VKO-DUS-KEF for Sep.4 2015. Checked my booking on their website and found out that now I am booked DME-TXL-KEF for Sep.3 2015. Probably because they cancelled VKO-DUS. No notification, I found out by accident myself. This created an extra unplanned night in KEF, and of course hotels are crazy expensive there. My Amex travel insurance does not cover this as this is not a delay. Will Germanwings pay for the extra hotel night due to their schedule change?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
4U would be obliged to rebook you for free onto another carrier, which flies you from MOS to KEF on Sept 4.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:43 am

Location: CGN (Cologne, Germany), travel agent, hardcore Sabre user
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, LH, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, AX Centurion
Originally Posted by warakorn
4U would be obliged to rebook you for free onto another carrier, which flies you from MOS to KEF on Sept 4.
No, IMHO they are not. What rule or law do you base your recommendation on?

Suggestion to the OP: I would try to negotiate with them, but don't expect much.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:53 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by warakorn
What a load of BS...

Originally Posted by jreichel
No, IMHO they are not. What rule or law do you base your recommendation on?

Suggestion to the OP: I would try to negotiate with them, but don't expect much.
+1. This is long ahead of your scheduled departure, so all you can expect is that they should fully refund you should you chose to cancel... Otherwise, nothing...
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:14 am

You can also see if any other germanwings flights would work better for you, and ask to be rebooked onto those. If no germanwings flights work for you, then you can get a full refund.

There were a few other threads on here about germanwings rebooking policy in similiar circumstances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.