Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH - welcome your Senators!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:04 am
Original Poster

I just got back from a trip where I took four International fligths with Lufthansa. To my surprise the special welcoming of their status passengers ( I have Senator status) appears to phase out. In the past the purser stopped by after take off and prior to landing to address me personally. Especially during the service they always addressed me by name. On none of the flights did this occur this time - ironically on the last flight I got even served by the 2nd purser in command. Very disappointing as I assume that there are not too many US based Senator based customers and I connected via Germany on my way to the Middle East. I guess I start converting to the Gulf carriers who show their appreciation to their customers even without having status.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
That has been gone for a long time already. I have not had any special greetings in any airline of the Lufthansa group on long-haul flights over the past couple of years. Very rarely, I get a visit from the purser during a short-haul flight, happened to me on OS, LH and LX, but at most one in twenty flights if not less.

It is very clear that LH is moving away from a model where loyalty matters, so you should not show any loyalty either!

Then again, a similar trend on BA. Used to be greeted by purser on every other flight - now, almost zero. At least, they have the excuse that their staffing on long-haul flights was cut by one crew member.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:02 am

As a HON , always on LX , long haul on LH, never on short haul.
My wife as SEN , always on long haul LX , many times on LH long.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
It seems to depend very much on the purser who sets the tone. I still get addressed by name about half the time even on shorthaul flights when FAs hand out sandwiches.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:22 am

Last time I sat Y on LH JNB-FRA the purser greeted every *G personally. To be honest I was quite embarrassed to be singled out like this in the large mass of tourists in el cheapo Y... same for the guy next to me.

What I really appreciate is getting some personal service like I regular get on LX short haul where they normally do not greet me as *G but at every cup of coffee address me by name - which I find quite amazing and a nice touch.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
According to the PSM the P2 is supposed to greet all elites on board. Then they introduced the concept that all C pax were supposed to be greeted by name. My two longhauls early last month had neither
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
LX is very good in this. Greetings always long and short sectors. LX even provides small water in Y before take of for HONs same as for C pax. The other day I had a welcome card from the MdC on my seat on a intra europe trip . LH the opposite, on long always - short never.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It seems to depend very much on the purser who sets the tone.
Personally, I don't care one way or another whether I'm greeted by name. What I do care about, however, is good and attentive on-board service. In my experience, there is a strong positive correlation between a purser greeting their status passengers personally and good service. So I agree, it's the purser who sets the tone.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:49 pm

I was welcomed on a long-haul LH flight last month by the purser (or p2? no idea) with an ipad loaded with a seat map marking my seat.

On the way back with UA, crew came up a couple times to introduce them selves and then bid farewell before arrivial (seemed for every pax).

Don't care about greetings and such, but it's a nice occassion to ask for some affirmative action like extra pillow or amenity so it's quite usefull from time to time.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by oliver2002
According to the PSM the P2 is supposed to greet all elites on board. Then they introduced the concept that all C pax were supposed to be greeted by name. My two longhauls early last month had neither
Try that on a full A380... 8F, 96C plus a bunch of SEN and *G in Y. Only if they skip the mealservice.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Let's face it: SEN is LH's mid tier status.
One shouldn't expect too much.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 2:35 pm

LX:
Short haul: never (in Y), sometimes, about 40% (in C)
Long haul: seldom, about 25% (in Y), sometimes, about 40% (in C)

LH:
Short haul: never (both Y and C)
Long haul: About every second time (both Y and C)

At least you could say LH is more consistent than LX

I'd better not post my EK statistics (as Gold, ie more frequent status than SEN) not to upset the LH fanboy
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
CX Diamond: 100%
EK Gold: 100%
LH HON: 90% longhaul, 25% shorthaul
BA Gold: 50% longhaul, 0% shorthaul
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
SQ PPS: 100%

BA Gold: 40% - I have much higher recognition on QR and CX though.

FB Plat: AF: 20% KL: 50% - fairly good on DL as well.

LH SEN: LH: zero. LX: 50% OS:50%
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond

Related but do LH captains no longer greet F pax? I was 2/3 in 2013 segments (with the 1 being a 747-8 which is not very convenient from cockpit) and 0/12+ in 2014 with a mix of 747s and Airbii.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.