Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad Experience on LH [denied boarding in MAA due to faulty ticket]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

I cannot think of any. In any case my issue was the flippant way the folks at LH MAA treated a customer who paid a lot of money for a biz class seat

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
The only half-logical thing that comes in my mind (given it's LH and their tacky IT) is that something went wrong with the flight out in Economy in the registration in their system - and somehow LH thought that OP didn't flew a segment (FRA-MAA most probably) and thus made the ticket invalid. Of course, LHs actions at MAA were absolutely horrible and a total disgrace, THEY should have investigated (with the customer) what happened, not just tell him "hey, your ticket is invalid, you can't fly"..

ramakk, was any flight on your trip to India moved/changed/re-scheduled, that could have cased LH's (terrible) IT systems to go "hey, this ticket is invalid"?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by ramakk
I cannot think of any. In any case my issue was the flippant way the folks at LH MAA treated a customer who paid a lot of money for a biz class seat
No worries, I understood it the same way.

I guess from what we can read here, you did everything correct, and somewhere, somehow, LH did a REALLY big oh-oh in the process.

Did I understood correctly, and you contacted the LH Lurker in this forum? Or did you contacted LH directly? I hope for them, that the issue lands on someones desk where a brain is still available, and that they're not only refunding the ticket they scammed you out to buy it, but give you a very decent compensation for your trouble.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 1:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by ramakk
OKAY. I think I have posted all the info. Let me see how LH wants to compensate me. Thanks for all your help. Also it was amusing to see the reaction and responses by some of the posters
The LH forum is one of the most amusing places on the internet. Some people have a career in comedy ahead of them. Comedy about Finance is a tough one, but if you mix it up with some milk powder, you have a tasty potpourri for two hours on the stage. ^

Always keep your vita in mind, when you started this thread you had half a dozen posts to your credit, most of them accusing airlines of wrongdoing...

Airlines do not cancel tickets without any reason, fraud and scams in places like India or Nigeria are pretty common. 9 out of 10 complaints on this forum include severe mistakes by the passengers and not the airlines. Insufficient account balances, expired credit cards, expired passports, error fares, we have seen it all throughout the years.

Hence in nine out of ten cases, probably even 99 out 100, the passenger is the one to blame and in such cases the stories normally take some detours. You posted some interesting additional information later on as well, so something is indeed fishy.

If it is the caviar LH serves in F or your ticket remains to be seen.

Once again, if you face resistance and you think you have a valid point, hire a lawyer and do not fall for collection agencies and all the advise from Aviation Law experts on this forum.

Last edited by FD1971; Feb 26, 2015 at 2:12 am
Old Feb 26, 2015, 1:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
9 posts with OT/personal chatter removed.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Feb 26, 2015, 3:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
May I ask the following question:

I was denied a seat at MAA by LH saying that there is no valid ticket or reservation.
Did LH refused the OP to transport him in Business Class or did LH refused OP to transport him at all?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 3:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by warakorn

Did LH refused the OP to transport him in Business Class or did LH refused OP to transport him at all?
From what I understand, LH refused to issue a boarding pass, simply because the OP did not have a ticket. Consequently, they asked him to buy a ticket, which he did, so LH issued a boarding pass and agreed to transport the OP and his MIL, who was on a seperate reservation.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:39 am

Also had an experience few years ago where an agent mistake caused cancellation of the first coupon of my ticket (while the other coupons remained intact). I also found this out during check-in and was also forced to buy a new ticket. LH never bothered to answer to my requests for a refund, eventually I contacted a friend who knew some people there and got my refund.

My lessons: always check my ticket a day or 2 before check-in (don't count on LH notifying you of any irregularities), and in case of disputes with LH, don't bother with LH customer service but go straight to small claims court. Also if forced to buy something from LH you don't want to buy, sign the receipt but write down your objections on the receipt.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by FD1971
From what I understand, LH refused to issue a boarding pass, simply because the OP did not have a ticket.
Which is a statement about your revisionist understanding.

Paired with wilfully ignoring that the OP had a ticket and used that ticket. On LH. Without issues or complaints.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:38 am
Suspended

Frankly speaking this is a disadvantage of e-tickets. As traveller you can never be sure whether that ticket is valid or not.
With paper ticket I assume it was different.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:49 am
Original Poster

The latter. LH refused to transport me unless I bought a new ticket
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:52 am
Original Poster

From what I understand, LH refused to issue a boarding pass, simply because the OP did not have a ticket. Consequently, they asked him to buy a ticket, which he did, so LH issued a boarding pass and agreed to transport the OP and his MIL, who was on a seperate reservation.
Generally correct. LH claimed that I did not have a valid ticket. According to email communication from LH and LH.com I had a valid ticket and a valid PNR #. I had no problems flying from ATL to MAA
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Always keep your vita in mind, when you started this thread you had half a dozen posts to your credit, most of them accusing airlines of wrongdoing...

I had exactly three threads on this forum, one praising Etihad, second one blaming BA (to their credit they owned up to it and gave me some avios for my troubles), and now LH

Airlines do not cancel tickets without any reason, fraud and scams in places like India or Nigeria are pretty common. 9 out of 10 complaints on this forum include severe mistakes by the passengers and not the airlines. Insufficient account balances, expired credit cards, expired passports, error fares, we have seen it all throughout the years.

Hence in nine out of ten cases, probably even 99 out 100, the passenger is the one to blame and in such cases the stories normally take some detours. You posted some interesting additional information later on as well, so something is indeed fishy.

A strong statement that airlines do not make any mistakes while customers make mistakes 9 out of 10 or 99 out of 100 times.

Once again, if you face resistance and you think you have a valid point, hire a lawyer and do not fall for collection agencies and all the advise from Aviation Law experts on this forum.
I am taking it up with LH directly and will post the results. Thanks all for the valuable comments. I think it helps:
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:33 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
3 OT personal comments and response thereto deleted. Members are reminded to follow the FT rules or else we have to take out our mod tool and apply disciplinary action.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Frankly speaking this is a disadvantage of e-tickets. As traveller you can never be sure whether that ticket is valid or not.
True but the advantages are far greater. I use an email proofing service so I have an independent log what I received when. Doesn't stop the claims of companies but it makes for decent ammo if you have to submit documentation.

With paper ticket I assume it was different.
I used etickets a lot more often than paper tickets. And I had two incidents with NZ where they could not find my electronic ticket and in one case made me miss my flight and one case (good ol'LH) which could not verify my paper ticket and made me miss my flight. So I guess life wasn't much easier with the faux currency.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:20 am
Suspended

I still don't get it.

they laughed saying that there is no way I could have gotten a biz ticket on tgat segment for $2000 one way basically implying that I was pulling a scam.
The OP purchased a roundtrip ticket. Why would the contracted LH representative would say something like? I mean talking about the price of one-way segments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.