Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

LH Group of airlines moving to Heathrow Terminal 2 [starting with LH & OS on 01OCT14]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Group of airlines moving to Heathrow Terminal 2 [starting with LH & OS on 01OCT14]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:32 pm

Will this be on one ticket or two separate PNRs?

Ideally UA should be able to check your luggage through all the way to VIE, if you show your second part of the trip at the counter. I have never done it myself, but many people here on FT have reported this to be possible. Since arrival and departure are less tha 24h apart, it should OK. In LHR you don't need to go through customs so you do not strictly need to pick up your luggage.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:19 pm
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Will this be on one ticket or two separate PNRs?

Ideally UA should be able to check your luggage through all the way to VIE, if you show your second part of the trip at the counter. I have never done it myself, but many people here on FT have reported this to be possible. Since arrival and departure are less tha 24h apart, it should OK. In LHR you don't need to go through customs so you do not strictly need to pick up your luggage.
It would actually be on one single ticket (which I assume so since I would book the entire trip on United.com using UA miles). But I guess it would lead to another question: I could essentially just stay at the international airside w/o entering U.K. border at all? What if I want to go into downtown London and spend the day touring? Can I still do so?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:36 pm

No matter what you do, at LHR you will have to go through security and (I believe) a passport control. So if your luggage is checked through, you can just head for the exit, have a good time in London, and then go back to LHR and enjoy the T2 lounges. Of course assuming you don't need any visa for the UK.

If your luggage is not checked through, you can always use the left luggage services at LHR.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:44 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
If you're arriving from the US and departing to Austria, you'll be re-screened for security, but you won't do immigration or passport control unless you choose to go landside.

My experiences of T2 have all been positive so far, and much better than T1 or T3.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by docbert
Anyone know if the LH lounge in T2 has baggage storage? eg, lockers like they have in FRA and several other locations?
Answering my own question, they do have lockers just inside the door. Same style as most other LH lounges.

Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
If you're arriving from the US and departing to Austria, you'll be re-screened for security, but you won't do immigration or passport control unless you choose to go landside.
Correct. There is a checkpoint where you have to show your boarding pass, but no passport/etc. Not sure what the process is if you don't already have a boarding pass.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by docbert
There is a checkpoint where you have to show your boarding pass, but no passport/etc. Not sure what the process is if you don't already have a boarding pass.
In the old T1 as well as in T3 you need to show an e-ticket because the transfer desks are behind these document checks. Assume that it remains the same for T2 but haven't tested it yet.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN,
Originally Posted by MichielR
In the old T1 as well as in T3 you need to show an e-ticket because the transfer desks are behind these document checks. Assume that it remains the same for T2 but haven't tested it yet.
I did it in T2 didn't need a BP, just showed them the Itin on the phone, and it was ok.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 5:45 pm
tya

Originally Posted by tya
I apologize first if someone else has asked similar questions before, but I couldn't find it in the thread so I figure I might as well just ask.

So I am planning to fly UA to LHR, arriving in the early morning, and connect to a late OS flight leaving for Vienna (around 7pm). Just wonder how early will the OS counter opens? Can I check-in right away in the morning? Or am I only allowed to check my bags in the evening before departure?

Not sure if it would make a difference, but in case it does, I will be flying Business on a UA award ticket. Does have *G status but with A3.
I do have a new situation and now I feel like I would again need help.

So now my plan has been arriving in LHR at 9:25am and leaving on a 9:00am OS flight the next morning, and I really want to spend a good amount of time exploring the terminal (lounge+shopping). I wonder how early would OS check-in open? As I find some shops open at 5/6-ish, can I actually report that early and go in to the airside?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:11 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tya
I do have a new situation and now I feel like I would again need help.

So now my plan has been arriving in LHR at 9:25am and leaving on a 9:00am OS flight the next morning, and I really want to spend a good amount of time exploring the terminal (lounge+shopping). I wonder how early would OS check-in open? As I find some shops open at 5/6-ish, can I actually report that early and go in to the airside?
The first OS flight out of LHR is 6:00am and the LH lounge opens at 5:00am. I don't think there's any rule how early you can check in (I'm assuming you want to check a bag) so 5/6-ish should be fine. I don't know where you will be staying overnight but getting to LHR at 5:00am could be a challenge.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 4:39 pm
tya

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The first OS flight out of LHR is 6:00am and the LH lounge opens at 5:00am. I don't think there's any rule how early you can check in (I'm assuming you want to check a bag) so 5/6-ish should be fine. I don't know where you will be staying overnight but getting to LHR at 5:00am could be a challenge.
Thanks for the advice! Good to learn this.

Yes I will have luggages to check in so just want to make sure I can do so such early. I'll be staying at one of the airport hotel, and there seem to be some earlier shuttles according to the website. The only challenge is now might end up being if I could get up that early
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:08 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tya
Thanks for the advice! Good to learn this.

Yes I will have luggages to check in so just want to make sure I can do so such early. I'll be staying at one of the airport hotel, and there seem to be some earlier shuttles according to the website. The only challenge is now might end up being if I could get up that early
*G can check luggage at the counters right at the back of the check-in hall. You may not see them as you enter the terminal unless you know they are there.

If you are staying at one of the 'airport hotels' (which are not actually at the airport if you need a bus to get to the airport) in the free travel zone, use one of the free buses which are more frequent and convenient and don't bother with Hoppa.

T2 is nice with decent lounges but it's not worth getting there at 5 or 6am for a 9am flight!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 3:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Some offers for *G and *S in LHR as part of the T2 inaugural: http://heathrowt2.staralliance.com/offers
Old May 2, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Heathrow T2 security cut-off time?

Does T2 have a policy similar to T5 where you need to be at security at a certain time (t- 35 mins at T5) or be turned away? Thanks, ps
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:58 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN, Accor Plat
Another FTL enhancement at LHR

LH Group no longer offers fast-track benefits at LHR for FTL passengers travelling in Y (as of July 2015). This was one of the few remaining perks which I used quite frequently and without issues. Scr*w you LH!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:25 am
Original Poster

I don't believe it was an official perk right from the beginning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.