Guests in LH F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:21 am

Programs: *G
you couldve told the girls to hush down yourself
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Yeah, my mistake was not seeking out the purser during the flight. I acknowledged that in my OP, and I'll repeat it. It didn't really cross my mind - what did cross my mind was complaining to the FA right in front of the "accused," which makes me uncomfortable, especially as someone not much older than the teenagers in question (they were probably 17, and I'm 24).

In my experience flying CX, EY, UA, SQ, AA, LH, etc., in F, I've never had the need to complain to a purser. This'll teach me to remember next time to go right to the purser.

I'll also mention that in literally two hundred AA flights in the past two years, I've never seen a situation where an AA FA has allowed someone to come to the F or J cabin from Y for more than 2 minutes. Say what you want about AA, but their policy is "absolutely not." It sounds like LH's policy, at least according to the purser, is "a 30 minute visit is OK."
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by LH4116
Then again, perhaps the mother and daughter were traveling on full fare tickets? Also were there any other passengers in the cabin, and were you traveling on a cash or award booking?
You forgot to ask the OP for blood group, race, and sexual preference.
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
+1
Shame on the FA's and on the mother. I would have given it five minutes and then sought out the purser under the stairs.
Why shame? Tuning the kids to maximum obnoxious behaviour is standard these days. Teenagers who play video games or movies without headphones, wireless acoustic communications across 7 rows ... all within immediate proximity of the parents, is all mainstream today.
Originally Posted by callmedtop
..I did speak with the purser when deboarding, where he told me it is LH policy to allow a guest for ~30 minutes, but not 2+ hours, and apologized. I didn't really think it was very genuine, and found the purser cocky and borderline arrogant.
Purser probably knew nothing could be done about it, especially not retrospectively and hence found it appropriate to deliver the foulest of all excuses.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rambuster
I would have called for the purser and have had the "guests" removed from the F cabin immediately. The entire process would have been dealt with in minutes.
Even prior to doing this I would have just asked the two young women to be more quiet or move back to the empty row (OP mentioned that row 84 was empty).

I really don't care if there are guests in F or not as long as no one is bothering me.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
How does it matter what type of ticket the OP or the mother and daughter were travelling on?
EXACTLY.....My wife and I were on an LH bird together and she was in F and I was directly behind her in C on an old F A330. When I asked the FA if I could visit, she said I could but for only 30 minutes or so perhaps 2x during the flight. Both of us on revenue tickets. However my wife spent a couple of hours with me in C since I had no one next to me.

Your issued seat dictates where you can and can't go on the plane! Who you are doesn't matter.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
...she said I could but for only 30 minutes or so perhaps 2x during the flight ..<snip> ... my wife spent a couple of hours with me in C since I had no one next to me
But didn't the DHS, FBI, KGB, NTSB, KKK. and PLO prevent you from changing the cabin???

LH does not follow THE rules! Nor does any other carrier ... but still ...
Originally Posted by Often1
...For what it is worth, on international flights inbound to the USA, it is a violation of DHS rules. That will get you plenty quick action if you want to be an "ugly American".
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:37 pm

Seeing how Lufthansa likes to discriminate passengers based on their fare class, my guess is that the purser may have acted arrogantly towards OP as he was traveling on an award ticket. I have friends who have been very poorly treated at the FCL/FCT when traveling on award tickets, hence my concerns.
Where exactly and how exactly treated poorly? Are there any published reports anywhere? Did these poorly treated people complain?

Well, I cannot refer to any hearsay or any hearsay about other people's hearsay, but I can tell from personal experience that all staff members at the FCT provided excellent service at any time. And no, I didn't wear a suit and hadn't bought the ticket.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Even prior to doing this I would have just asked the two young women to be more quiet or move back to the empty row (OP mentioned that row 84 was empty).

I really don't care if there are guests in F or not as long as no one is bothering me.
My "record" was 14 pax in an LX F cabin of 8.
There were already 8 pax plus two infants in first and then another couple joined this family for breakfast with another two infants.
When I was rudely awoken by all of these people and the 4 infants I complained to the MdC. He then told me that I was being quite picky.

I really never complain after a flight but that was a tipping point for me.
LX management actually followed up quite nicely and informed me that the purser on that flight had been sent for retraining.
Turns out I wasn't being picky after all...
Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:18 pm

happenend to me on SQ F recently; it didn't take much more than a
towards one of the TAs and it got sorted for good...
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:20 pm

..When I was rudely awoken by all of these people and the 4 infants I complained to the MdC. He then told me that I was being quite picky...
LH is the only airline that still dares to set incapable parents straight.

But that will also go away with added pressure from lemming friendly politics and regulations. Look at what that did to BA e.g...
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Fare class is not known to the regular FA.
IIRC only the P2 has a list of upgrades and awards.
Are you sure!!!

LH is the only airline which prints the redemption travel codes (O,I,X) on the boarding passes.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Are you sure!!!

LH is the only airline which prints the redemption travel codes (O,I,X) on the boarding passes.
And?
Do you think the FA memorize all of the booking classes of all the pax when they take a look at the boarding passes to check where the pax are seated while boarding?
I don't think so.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Are you sure!!!

Hence why the staff in the FCT/FCL acts rude to some guests.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:28 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Hence why the staff in the FCT/FCL acts rude to some guests.
From my own experience, I will defend LH on this subject. I have never been treated any better or worse in an LH F lounge based on my paid class of service (Be it F, A, O, or guest of HON). Never ever, not even once. Not saying it never happens, but I have neither seen nor experienced such behavior by FCT/FCL staff in my years flying LH.

I have experienced lazy, apathetic and or rude staff in F facilities, but it is an extreme exception and has (as nearly as I can discern) nothing to do with how much I paid or didn't pay for my ticket.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:35 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Not sure if this is true or not among *A carriers, but as of very recently at least DL and KE print COS on the BP, including award redemption codes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.